Favorite Hazama iteration?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Hazama iteration?

• BB:CS
    • BB:CS2
    • BB:CSEX
    • BB:CP
    • ...CT...? Can dream.

AA 2C > 5C > sj.C x4 > 66 5C > 6C > 66 5C > 2C > 4D > Jakatsu Gasshou > sj.C x5 > Hiren

3888 dmg, 27 meter

I can do this no problem when I get close to the corner up to the Gasshou part, but midscreen I can't seem to connect sj.C after that.

Is it impossible midscreen? Replace Gasshou with more j.C gorilla damage? I know I can do the latter, but I'd rather I didn't. :I:

Also, dat 3.2k off 5A AA :vbang:

Edited by Putin

Till I move I'll continue to play Ragna, Hazama, and nu-13 (November 10 is deadline). I have some recordings but I don't know where to post them at under this section, will anyone make a thread for critique or will this go under the CP video thread?

Hazama jC is a real pain in the ass. I should just sit in the training room and figure out how that plays out.

Till I move I'll continue to play Ragna, Hazama, and nu-13 (November 10 is deadline). I have some recordings but I don't know where to post them at under this section, will anyone make a thread for critique or will this go under the CP video thread?

Hazama jC is a real pain in the ass. I should just sit in the training room and figure out how that plays out.

Try delaying it.

Zaneiga > 6C > 5C > 2C > sjC x2 > delay > jc x2 > etc.

I need some help with hazama's midscreen bnb. 5B, 3C, 214d~b, 5a. After the gashoukyaku sometimes I can combo the 5a without dashing and other times I need to dash for the 5a to connect. Is the dash character specific or is it just specific timing?

1) its 214d~66b not 214d~b

2) dash 5a is required if you somehow end up too far from the opponent, otherwise dashing or not does not impact the execution of the combo therefore... just stick to dashing everytime!

3) this time around it is extremely important to be quick with hitconfirms, upclose 2a 5b 3c is already pushing hazama's ability to combo into 214d~66b d.5a

btw in the combo thread, the combos off 214d~66c are lv2 ~66c combos and the second one does not work, the right input would be

214D~66C[Lv.2] xx dash 6C xx dash 5C > 2C > 4D > 214D~66B[Lv.2] xx dash 5C > sj.C x 5 > dash 5B > 5C > j.B > j.C > dj.C x 5 > j.214B (DM: 5017, HG: 36)

Edited by _Sey

Long story short: Hazama's movement is completely different in this game. You'll need to take some serious time to get used to it. Not only are a lot of angles different but the speed and physics of the game are completely revamped.

Big diff:

j6D.D no longer goes horizontal; it goes upward at a slight angle

j4D.D now goes totally horizontal. This means you can no longer use it to setup ground pressure resets with gasaishou and such (not low to the ground anyway).

Jasetsu has a lot of movement attributed it to it now, and I'm not talking about just Jakatsu. Zaneiga/Rassenga/Gashou all have subtle movements that you have to master in order to get used to his spacing. This is especially true for Jakatsu stuff. For instance Jakatsu Zaneiga he lunges forward with it beyond the simple Jakatsu animation.

Huge Difference: We can gatling jD moves now!!

Edited by Ctrlaltwtf

214D~66C[Lv.2] xx dash 6C xx dash 5C > 2C > 4D > 214D~66B[Lv.2] xx dash 5C > sj.C x 5 > dash 5B > 5C > j.B > j.C > dj.C x 5 > j.214B (DM: 5017, HG: 36)

Any tips on that 5C? I really can't get it consistently off 4D > Jakatsu Gasshou, so I end up going into j.B/j.C instead.

cancel into 214d~66b asap but don't cancel the dash into B, let it go the full length, you should see the opponent slightly falling before hitting him with all hits of ~66B

or you could turn on the hitstun decay bar to get a feel for how much you can delay 214d~66b

5B and 5C are not JC'able on block anymore. 2C still is though. This makes cross-ups a bit more obvious.

Gashou's hitbox is utter shit now. Be very careful with it.

Edited by Ctrlaltwtf

cancel into 214d~66b asap but don't cancel the dash into B, let it go the full length, you should see the opponent slightly falling before hitting him with all hits of ~66B

or you could turn on the hitstun decay bar to get a feel for how much you can delay 214d~66b

I'm pretty sure I do Jakatsu Gasshou correctly since I can dash 5C after it in the corner or sj.C anywhere on the screen. But for some reason I can't get the dash 5C to connect midscreen

I was also practicing this route in the corner:

starter > 3C > Jabaki > 66C > 66 5C > 2C > 4D > Jakatsu Gasshou > 66 5C > 2D~D > j.C > dj.214B*

which is pretty neat, but the last part after 2D~D seems unstable.

Some times it works just fine, other times I'm too high for dj.C to connect, feeling different from the 4D~A > 66 2D~D > j.C path which always works. Any ideas?

I'm having problems with the midscreen bnb as well. There just barely seems to be enough time to input a 5a by the time Hazama recovers from 214D66B, let alone enough time to do a microdash into it or some kind of bigger normal. I'm not sure if there's some trick I'm missing or something, but this is rather frustrating.

I'm having problems with the midscreen bnb as well. There just barely seems to be enough time to input a 5a by the time Hazama recovers from 214D66B, let alone enough time to do a microdash into it or some kind of bigger normal. I'm not sure if there's some trick I'm missing or something, but this is rather frustrating.

As far as I've been practicing, I noticed two important details for this to work midscreen.

- First one and most important, you gotta make sure to hit the Gashoukyaku right after the sweep. If you delay even a bit you'll have a hard time connecting 5A.

- Second one is that you make sure to be really close to them, you can't input too much normals before 3C. I've tested 5B, 2B and 5C as starters and everytime I did Gashoukyaku correctly after them, I wouldn't even need the micro-dash 5A. Just straight 5A would hit.

By the way, 5C > 3C > stuff seems like the easiest route to go for this in my opnion.

Yeah thats why a lot of the japanese Haz players like to hitconfirm with 5A, 5C, 3C since 5B pushes back really far even on hit, 2B pushes back less but prorates pretty hard. if you can confirm off a single 5A then go right into 5C if it hits then you should be in range to land 3C xx 66 gashou most of the time. Other than that it just takes a while getting used to timing the microdash 5A.

Bit of a correction to previous stuff: We can still use j4D for pressure resets. Our new ability to gatling it off of j2C makes for some very interesting options, including a very fast cross-up.

I am having a few issues learning combos with Hazama in CP atm (though at least its not as bad as my Ragna where I can't even do DID half the time).

Some may have been answered but my concerns are as followed.

The lvl2 version of Hazama's stance moves feel inconsistent somehow, I can easily get a lvl2 214D-B after say a Houtenjin but a lvl2 214D-C version feels really awkward. Half the time he moves too far and passes the opponent and miss, other times the level 1 version comes out instead. What determines if the move comes out as lvl2?

Secondly the Stuff>3C>214D-66-B>5A>5C>Stuff never seems to come out for me, I could mash 5A if I wanted to and the 5A will always come out during the invincibility frames of the tech. Is the 3C>214D timing meant to be fast cause as far as I am trying no matter how fast I try 5B>5C>3C>214D-66B>5A the recovery of the flash kick always takes too long, I assume there must be a way to get them higher into the air?

Luckily enough I managed to figure out Sjcx4, jcx4 and jcx5 stuff.

214D66B has to be input really fast, all of it (on the earliest frames you can actually cancel into stuff, that is, don't mash like an ape). The 66 is only there so Gashoukyaku doesn't send you backwards.

Lvl 2 versions of moves all activate on frame 51 of being in stance. So if you want charged Zaneiga to connect, for example, just do the dash late after Houtenjin so you don't move too far forward.

Kind of a random question, since I don't know where to ask and this thread is the closest to being related to it. I've noticed in the Video Thread that Buppa is not in the notable players anymore. Did he stop / dropped down from Elite level?

I haven't kept up with BB and only am now getting back into it. With Hazama's chains changes, how's he looking difficulty-wise?

214D66B has to be input really fast, all of it (on the earliest frames you can actually cancel into stuff, that is, don't mash like an ape). The 66 is only there so Gashoukyaku doesn't send you backwards.

Lvl 2 versions of moves all activate on frame 51 of being in stance. So if you want charged Zaneiga to connect, for example, just do the dash late after Houtenjin so you don't move too far forward.

I'm kinda wondering about something with the stance dash attacks. When I was in training mode a couple days ago, I noticed 214D~66B does slightly more damage than 214D~B. Does doing dashes add more damage or uses lvl 2 damage or what?

I'm kinda wondering about something with the stance dash attacks. When I was in training mode a couple days ago, I noticed 214D~66B does slightly more damage than 214D~B. Does doing dashes add more damage or uses lvl 2 damage or what?

Using the dash during the stance will automatically make his follow-ups lvl 2, so if you do it as fast as possible, it's a faster way to get lvl 2 follow-ups than just standing still for 51 frames.

I apologize if there's some misinformation in what I just said; I don't actually have the game yet. But while playing with friends over the past few days, the only way I could get a lvl 2 Gashou after Houtenjin was to dash after the stance.

What you are saying is pretty much right.

~66 (full length) is pretty much a faster "stand still and charge".

I'm not 100% sure if it is indeed a couple frame faster or not, but the mook says ~66 is 35F long and you always get lv.2 follow ups after a full dash so I just assume that it is faster (stand ~C lv2 is a 51F charge).

Doing ~66 also boosts Orochi/632146D damage by ~400 or so

As for 214D~66C after hountejin: cancel into ~66 just before they start falling and ~C after they appear from the top of the screen, it's really not that hard after you play around with it for a bit.

Edited by _Sey