Favorite Hazama iteration?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Hazama iteration?

• BB:CS
    • BB:CS2
    • BB:CSEX
    • BB:CP
    • ...CT...? Can dream.

Finding some seriously nice cross-up gimmicks due to jC's new untech times. Just looking for good combos to lead into them and I might make a vid for them.

basically it's just:

.. > into jC loops > jC x4 > 5C > jCx4 > 5C > low-to-the-ground jCx5 > j4D.C (misses) > meaty crossup on enemy

They can't air tech this.

-----

Also, new combo routes (posted them in the combo thread too)

DM: 5814

5B>3C>Houtenjin (heavily delayed)>J.Zaneiga>6A>66.5C>6C>66.5C>2C>4D.A>tk j7D.D>jCx5>j214B

DM: 6151

5C>3C>Houtenjin (heavily delayed)>J.Zaneiga>6A>66.5C>6C>66.5C>2C>4D.A>tk j7D.D>jCx5>j214B

Welcome to Big Boy Damage

DM: 6063

5B>Houtenjin>j.Zaneiga*>6A>66.5C>6C>66.5C>2C>sjCx5>5C>2C>sjCx5>j214B

DM: 6300 (easier)

5C>Houtenjin>j.Zaneiga*>6A>66.5C>6C>66.5C>2C>4D.A> tk j7D delay D >jCx2>djCx5>j214B

DM: 6407

5C>Houtenjin>j.Zaneiga*>6A>66.5C>6C>66.5C>2C>sjCx5>5C>2C>sjCx5>j214B

DM: 6837 (extremely unstable)

5C>Houtenjin>j.Zaneiga**>CT>66.5C>6C>66.5C>2C>4D.A>tk j7D.D>jCx2>djCx5>j214B

*This is execution intensive and is done like this:

214D > delay > 66.C, it's difficult to time at first.

You must do Jasetsu as soon as possible. On his JP voiceset vs Ragna, the timing for this is right after he says the E in HoutEnjin! You are hitting them with Zaneiga are nearly the last possible moment. Fortunately, J.Zaneiga launches them way higher so it's still high enough for 6A afterwards. Regular Zaneiga would fail at this however.

**This one must be super meaty.

Edited by Ctrlaltwtf

Hey guys, just checking in here to let you know that I'm not dead and in fact am working on a big re-work/re-structure of the combo thread OP that makes more sense in terms of starters, screen-positioning, combo parts/enders, meter usage (lol), etc.

I'm glad to see some of you have been exploring your own routes and answering others' questions. Makes my job a whole lot easier.

A bit selfish of me to ask but, could someone find the options you get after close-to-the-corner jabaki (around the distance you'd have to hit with a chain if you wanted to continue the combo)? The "near corner" part of the combo thread is pretty much only there for that reason, pretty much everything else isn't "near-corner" specific, it's either midscreen/everywhere or only possible in the corner. In addition to that could someone notate meterless cross-under routes in the corner? I'd assume that those are the super-optimal max damage corner combos since they feature jakou (presumably).

I'd do this myself, but I'm too busy watching Non Non Biyori really bad at combos :sweatdrop:

However, once this gets done, you guys are going to have a nice and shiny new combo thread OP.

Edited by AMB Bakery

I'd assume "distant corner" jabaki optimal would be:

DM: 3770 (easy)

5B>5C>3C>Jabaki> jb j6D~D > 66.6A > 66.5C > 66.6C > 66.5C > 2C > 4D~A > 66.2D~D > jB > jCx2 > jCx5 > j214B

DM: 3943 (harder)

5B>5C>3C>Jabaki> jb j6D~D > 66.6A > 66.5C > 66.6C > 66.5C > 2C > sjCx5 > 66.5C > 2C > 2D~delay~D > jCx1* > sjCx5 > j214B

*2 hits may be possible with godly fast comboing.

Basically identical to my houtenjin route with a few corner-specific alternations to chains.

It's actually better than up close cuz of 6A

Working on the cross-under version at point blank range now.

Got this with Houtenjin, strong feeling it can be better.

DM: 5806 (super easy confirm) At this point the combo is actually suboptimal so why do this to your combos, get better at confirming!

5B>5C>3C>Houtenjin>J.Zaneiga>crossunder 5C>6C>66.5C>2C>Jakou>5C>2C>tk j214B>

FICTIONAL TK LOOPS!!

DM: 6168 (easy confirm)

5B>3C>Houtenjin>J.Zaneiga>crossunder 5C>6C>66.5C>2C>Jakou>5C>2C>jCx2>jCx5>j214B

DM: 6340

5B>Houtenjin>J.Zaneiga>crossunder 5C>6C>66.5C>2C>Jakou>5C>2C>sjCx5>j214B

DM: 6695

5C>Houtenjin>J.Zaneiga>crossunder 5C>6C>66.5C>2C>Jakou>5C>2C>jCx2>jCx5>j214B

DM: 3939

Gasaishou>5C>Houtenjin>J.Zaneiga>crossunder 5C>6C>66.5C>2C>Jakou>5C>2C>jCx2>jCx5>j214B

Unfortunately, crossunder 6C doesn't seem possible anymore. You have to use 5C. Hazama just doesn't want to turn around for me.

The combo starts getting pretty hella stun prorated towards the end. Jakou seems to have really bad stun proration. Regardless, it's still optimal over the non-Jakou version.

Important: Due to the new "Starter" system in BBCP, Gasaishou no longer really counts as a combo starter by itself. Therefore, 5C is optimal after it before Houtenjin. The next hit after Gasaishou seems to be what applies the "Starter" rating. If you try to do combos with just Houtenjin afterwards, they will have terrible proration compared to using a 5C first.

Edited by Ctrlaltwtf

Jakou has always been blockable with barrier in the air. It'd been broken as all hell if it wasn't.

But no one in america barrier blocks in the air. But is it just me, or is DP much harder to mash now?

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

But no one in america barrier blocks in the air. But is it just me, or is DP much harder to mash now?

Gashou's hitbox was nerfed pretty hard in CP. It can get low-profiled by lots of people's 2As now. Doesn't hit as large of a hitbox in the air either.

But I wouldn't consider a 7F no-invuln startup move a DP anyway.

Jakou has always been blockable with barrier in the air. It'd been broken as all hell if it wasn't.

By air blockable, I meant that you didn't need to barrier block it.

Edited by NoSales

If you look carefully you'll notice that he barriered for a split just to block Jakou, didn't waste any unnecessary barrier.

So yeah, its "air unblockability" hasn't changed

Holy.Fucking.Shit. I cannot believe I just found this. Testing it for practical uses now.

any jump string > jB > jCx2 > 8jCx5 > j6D (hits full stun) > continue?

Edited by Ctrlaltwtf

Holy.Fucking.Shit. I cannot believe I just found this. Testing it for practical uses now.

any jump string > jB > jCx2 > 8jCx5 > j6D (hits full stun) > continue?

Will test.

Will test.

It's unstable as all fuck. Good luck :thumbu:

Useful only for swag combos, if I can ever figure them out though, it'd be the swaggiest thing ever. There really, really isn't any point to it at all, it just looks hella swaggy :kitty:

Edited by Ctrlaltwtf

Now we just need to test if OD > chain > 6A > 5C > chain > 6A loops are optimal :eng101:

I'd be amazed if 6A doesn't have SMP.

Time to be amazed, I guess.

Also, remember bonus proration is only applied once per move. If doing 6A otg 5C takes significantly more time than just hitting people with chains a bunch (and remember, OD chains/chains in general do a lot of damage), I'd doubt looping it would be optimal.

sj.C, 5C > sj.C, chains, Jakou

Whichever seems appropriate in each situation, taking into account screen position and enemy height after the AA

Time to be amazed, I guess.

Also, remember bonus proration is only applied once per move. If doing 6A otg 5C takes significantly more time than just hitting people with chains a bunch (and remember, OD chains/chains in general do a lot of damage), I'd doubt looping it would be optimal.

Well, if it doesn't apply bonus proration a second time that's probably the last nail in the coffin. However, it might still be good for 6A > houtenjin > stuff > 6a

sj.C, 5C > sj.C, chains, Jakou

Whichever seems appropriate in each situation, taking into account screen position and enemy height after the AA

Thanks. Was hoping there would be an easier universal answer.

Dont know if this belongs in the Matchup section but I haven't taken the time to get the Kokonoe DLC, anyone mind testing the jak. 632146d super vs super fireball reversal?

This character...lol

5C>Houtenjin>OD>214D~66B>66 5C>6D~A>66 2D~A>4D~A>J7D~D>j.Cx2>JC>j.Cx5>j.236B

6.4k+ damage but whats impressive (or retard) is the meter gain hahaha. You use 50 for Houtenjin and gain back 46 or 48 meter lol.

This is done midscreen as well.

Also the part [214D~66B>66 5C>6D~A>66 2D~A] can insert 5C after 6D~A and before 66 2D~A which looks like this [214D~66B> 66 5C>6D~A>66 5C>2D~A] but its height specific and I dont know if it affects the overall combos or not. Never tried fully lol

I find it easier to do 214D instantly after Houtenjin, wait for half a second or something, then proceed to 66~C. You must also let the command dash go forward quite a bit, don't mash C after 66