Favorite Hazama iteration?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Hazama iteration?

• BB:CS
    • BB:CS2
    • BB:CSEX
    • BB:CP
    • ...CT...? Can dream.

Easy, play Terumi I don't think Hazama has any combos like that, due to the new combo system with the heat deterioration stuff.

While i am here i can just leave this stylish combo set here. This requires at least 25-19ish heat and OD with 35% or less health. and dont have your opponent cornered. The damage should be more than 5k.

5c, 3c, OD, 66-5d>a, 66-6a, 66-5c, 6d, a+b, 66-5c, 2c, 4d>d, jc(5x), j8d>c, jc, dj, jc(x5), winds fang.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Edited by Henjin

Houtenjin OD combos can get back 50 meter, I doubt it's possible without OD for the aforementioned reasons. OD chains are like Terumi specials beta

It's funny how in CS I used to choose combos based on damage, carry and meter, but now meter gain's always shit so you don't even have to worry about optimizing based on it.

CP Haz combos have both good damage and corner carry though so meter for Houtenjin is not that crucial anymore. Anti air combos are exceptionally derp since they let you skip J.Gasshou > 5A which translates to more and easier gorilla damage :toot:

Don't the Houtenjin OD combos need you to be low health? I don't think I've done any above 35% health that gain 50+

Then again, I haven't really worked on Haz in a while, so I'm not really sure

Don't the Houtenjin OD combos need you to be low health? I don't think I've done any above 35% health that gain 50+

Then again, I haven't really worked on Haz in a while, so I'm not really sure

I get 25+ heat from 50% health OD using all the ground ouroboros chains in one combo. To be honest, you wouldnt gain enough heat from an ouroboros hit than you would in OD mode. Not to mention that the damage and stun hits would would also be shorter. The max damage i did in OD was 8k.... but what if i start in OD mode? I guess i should give it a try. But i dont think the OD mode would last long enough since it barley makes it half way through that combo without cancel.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Edited by Henjin

Well, with Hazama and OD, you always do more damage than, since you're also draining the opponent's life. If you do a full OD combo when you're at like 20% health, you'll probably be draining like 1K from them.

But I guess that's aside the point.

I was wondering if there were any EU Hazama's that'd be okay with fighting a beginner. My Hazama is pretty much crap-tier(Can only do simple combos and my zoning is meh).

I've been playing Hazama for maybe 1-2 weeks, but played Jin since CP release, so I understand the basics of the game.

I was wondering if there were any EU Hazama's that'd be okay with fighting a beginner. My Hazama is pretty much crap-tier(Can only do simple combos and my zoning is meh).

I've been playing Hazama for maybe 1-2 weeks, but played Jin since CP release, so I understand the basics of the game.

I live in the EU and use Hazama, although it sounds like you are having execution issues, so playing someone may not be the best at the moment. Best thing in your case will be to try to overcome the execution barrier by just practising things in training mode, like the 214D~66B > 5A link and the loop combos. Also sounds like you might just have to play with Hazama more since you said you've been using him for a couple weeks.

As for zoning, that'll come later, with more experience. If you should still want to play against Hazama, I guess I don't mind giving you a couple of games sometime. Online kills my Hazama though.

Thanks for the reply, and yes, atm I think I should just stay in practise since I can barely do anything in a match and just get slaughtered online(I think i've played around 250+ matches and 95% of those matches are where I got 2-0 stomped).

Im currently trying to learn this combo: 5B > 3C > 236236B > [214D]~66B > dash 5C > j.C x 5 > dash 5B > 5C > j.B > j.C > dj.C x 5 > j.214B

I keep dropping it after the dash 5B and they tech before I can land the 5C.

Does anyone have a video or something of this combo? Im probably miss timing some move by doing it to late/early.

Im actually trying to get a combo like that atm because ive seen it online before. Its deff a timing concern. Jeez....linking 5A after Rising fang is hard enough as is DX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im currently trying to learn this combo: 5B > 3C > 236236B > [214D]~66B > dash 5C > j.C x 5 > dash 5B > 5C > j.B > j.C > dj.C x 5 > j.214B

I keep dropping it after the dash 5B and they tech before I can land the 5C.

If you want to go for the Gasshou route, this is better IIRC (can't test it atm):

starter > Houtenjin > J.Gasshou (heavily delayed) > 66 5C > 2C > j.C5 > 5C > 2C > j.C2 > j.C5 > Hirentotsu

It also doesn't need a dash after j.C5, contrary to your combo, even though I doubt it's necessary on either one.

j.B > j.C > dj.C x 5 > j.214B will probably not work as well due to the timer, Houtenjin combos after >1 normals can be pretty strict towards the end.

It's been a while, but when CP first came out and tried a couple of combos, 5C > 2C was always superior to 5B > 5C.

You might want to 5B after some awkward confirm into j.C, but I've yet to find my self under such circumstances. If you can eyeball your height and use the appropriate amount of j.Cs and delay between them, you can almost always pick them up with 5C.

I managed to test your combo by the way, the last part does work but the damage is inferior to the other route.

Zaneiga route is even better though, so I'd practice that instead.

Then there's the J.Gasshou > Jakou path which is probably the most optimal one but it's really distance dependent. J.Gasshou > Jakou > j.6DD > 6C is definitely my favourite

Been training for about 1h now, still can't land my stuff 100%, but it's getting there.

Zaneiga route is even better though, so I'd practice that instead.

When it comes to combos, I pretty much went with combos that looked simple.

Im sorry for asking so many questions, but what would be some good combos to learn when you're new with Hazama?

Zaneiga seems simpler to me since you can easily mess up the delay on Gasshou and the dash 5C afterwards is definitely more difficult than after 6C.

It's just that the timing for Zaneiga lvl.2 changed slightly so it threw many of us off, you should be able to get it with a little practice however.

CP Haz has no really hard combos imo, the only questionable path is 3C > J.Gasshou > 66 5A.

If you learn how to j.C mash properly you're pretty much set until you decide to learn some more "advanced" stuff, even then j.C mash is essential though. It's just that there's a j.C loop variation to pretty much every optimal combo, which is easy and reliable. It also doesn't cost you too much, since the damage loss isn't that great and you usually get more carry.

For example, the optimal combo off 5A AA should go like:

5A > 5C > sj.C5 > 66 5C > 6C > 66 5C > 2C > air combo. Then there's this alternative:

5A > 5C > sj.C5 > (66) 5C > j.C4/5 > 5C > 2C > air combo.

As you can see, you just replace 6C with another set of j.Cs. That's usually the case in pretty much every situation, you just skip some stuff and go to j.C mash earlier (which also raises the number of loops, obviously).

Here's a simple Houtenjin Zaneiga route by the way:

starter > Houtenjin > J.Zaneiga > (6)6C > 66 5C > 2C > sj.C5 > 5C > 2C > sj.C2 > dj.C5 > Hirentotsu,

should net you about 500 more dmg than the Gasshou route off 5C > Houtenjin.

Thanks for the help~ :yaaay:

Gonna hit practise later today and practise the j.C loop and that houtenjin zaneiga route combo.

I don't think I'm "qualified" to give critique, but you often refused to block for whatever reason. You don't need to be an expert to notice that and know that's it's bad :toot:

Yeah blocking seems to be a major issue. You just seem to be mashing so much buttons on wakeup, after blockstun and after hitstun. Practice blocking more, no better character to do that against than Terumi. He isn't as big a threat as most of the other characters.

Also I'd suggest learning more optimal combos. Watching some Japanese gameplay videos will most likely teach you some of them, and you'll have to pick up the rest on your own through lab work. The combo thread isn't exactly update to date and contains only a few optimal combos that you'll actually use, so you might have to rely on other means for other combos.

Another thing I wanted to touch upon is the fact that your opponent disrespects your pressure too much by mashing you out consistently. Hazama has all the right tools to keep your opponent honest, so you really oughta make use of them. Hazama has frame traps including 2B > 5B, 2C > 5C. Once you get them to block more, you can then start using command grabs. This won't work if your opponent doesn't respect your pressure. Hazama has really strong normals overall, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Edited by -Kid