Favorite Hazama iteration?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Hazama iteration?

• BB:CS
    • BB:CS2
    • BB:CSEX
    • BB:CP
    • ...CT...? Can dream.

He's in everyone else tier now. Good luck nerds. Also don't listen to Lich he plays Relius and I live in Japan. Who sounds more trustworthy? (Me. The answer is me)

His only unfavourable matchups should be Valk and Tao, maybe Hakumen too. Pre-CP 1.1 Kokonoe is a given

The first two have better mobility than him giving them more control in neutral while also making it easy for them to avoid chains. They also have amazing pressure on top of that, while Haz barely has any defensive options.

Hakumen is stupid and can cut chains

Pre-CP 1.1 Koko is also a bad matchup but for everyone in the roster

The OP in the combo thread is ridiculously outdated, there are plenty of optimal combos scattered around in the thread though or even in other threads so it's gonna be tough for you.

1.1 patch is coming soon though and about half of the current combos will be obsolete, so don't sweat it. Be sure to practice 3C > 214D~66B > 66 5A and j.C loops without bothering with optimization, by the time you get them down the patch could be out with new optimal stuff to learn. Both of these persist in the new version to an extent so it won't be wasted time

Thanx..

That makes sense. I was thinking it would be something having to do with his defense... Valk was actually someone I was interested in previously but I feel like Hazama is more my style (like playing both at range and klose up).

I kinda thought it would be outdated, that's why I asked. Fortunately it's only two pages of stuff, so it probably isn't too bad. Any idea on when the patch will be released?

PS: For "3C > 214D~66B > 66 5A" do I need to do 66 before 5A? I haven't been able to dash after the recovery of 214D~66B and I've been getting it with just raw 5A when I start the kombo with 5B into 3C (my go to kombo off of a Drive hit). However, I haven't been able to get the kombo off a 2A, 2B, into 3C hit konfirm.

However, I haven't been able to get the kombo off a 2A, 2B, into 3C hit konfirm.

That's when you need dash 5A. You'll often find yourself too far away from the opponent after J.Gasshou so you'll have to dash. I'd suggest you try to dash every single time, even if you're confident that the 5A's gonna connect, so you will eventually be able to do it automatically whenever it's necessary

That's when you need dash 5A. You'll often find yourself too far away from the opponent after J.Gasshou so you'll have to dash. I'd suggest you try to dash every single time, even if you're confident that the 5A's gonna connect, so you will eventually be able to do it automatically whenever it's necessary

Alright. Just one question.. Am I supposed to be able to see the dash or am I just supposed to know that I did it?

I feel like I'm not getting the dash a lot of times but sometimes I'm still hitting him with 5A so I'm guessing it's working...?

It's a "microdash." Haz's forward dash is attack-cancellable from the very first frame onward, so if done properly, you can quickly tap out 66 then 5A to perform a "sliding" 5A as fast as you could otherwise just hit 5A while standing still.

The microdash isn't always necessary in order to hit the 5A link; it's dependent on spacing. Typically if you confirm that you started your combo at point-blank range, you won't need to microdash. However there's no penalty to attempting the microdash anyway (other than accidentally getting a 6A and dropping your combo), so you might as well grind it out until you're confident you can nail it all the time. I use the visual cue of waiting until Haz's feet touch the ground after 214D~66B before inputting the dash.

It should look like he's sliding forward slightly but you shouldn't actually see the dash animation.

It's a "microdash." Haz's forward dash is attack-cancellable from the very first frame onward, so if done properly, you can quickly tap out 66 then 5A to perform a "sliding" 5A as fast as you could otherwise just hit 5A while standing still.

The microdash isn't always necessary in order to hit the 5A link; it's dependent on spacing. Typically if you confirm that you started your combo at point-blank range, you won't need to microdash. However there's no penalty to attempting the microdash anyway (other than accidentally getting a 6A and dropping your combo), so you might as well grind it out until you're confident you can nail it all the time. I use the visual cue of waiting until Haz's feet touch the ground after 214D~66B before inputting the dash.

Thanx. It does look like a sliding 5A... I'm going to just do the sliding 5A everytime so I don't have to think as much (and kan focus on thinking about other things).

I also figured out the timing too. Hazama actually recovers right when the opponent starts falling. I think I kan get it down, I just have not be so lazy (slow) with my dash inputs.

Thanx..

That makes sense. I was thinking it would be something having to do with his defense... Valk was actually someone I was interested in previously but I feel like Hazama is more my style (like playing both at range and klose up).

I kinda thought it would be outdated, that's why I asked. Fortunately it's only two pages of stuff, so it probably isn't too bad. Any idea on when the patch will be released?

PS: For "3C > 214D~66B > 66 5A" do I need to do 66 before 5A? I haven't been able to dash after the recovery of 214D~66B and I've been getting it with just raw 5A when I start the kombo with 5B into 3C (my go to kombo off of a Drive hit). However, I haven't been able to get the kombo off a 2A, 2B, into 3C hit konfirm.

An easy way to remedy this is to use 5A/2A> 5C(1)> 3C instead of 5A/2A> 5B> 3C. 5C(1) pushes less than 5B so in most cases you won't even need to dash 5A after Gashou.

An easy way to remedy this is to use 5A/2A> 5C(1)> 3C instead of 5A/2A> 5B> 3C. 5C(1) pushes less than 5B so in most cases you won't even need to dash 5A after Gashou.

Yeah. I noticed this, but I'll try to get better at the 2A, 2B/5B into 3C kombo since it gives me more options with one being a low and the other being plus.

It's taking me longer than I thought to get this down konsistently though.. =/

Alright. Been doing better on the 214D~66 B > 66 5A kombo...

But now I don't know the timing on the 5Cjc > j.Cx4 > 5Cjc > j.Cx5 follow up.

Any tips?

I've gotten it once by changing my timing somehow but I don't know what parts to speed up and what parts to slow down..

[ j.C2 pause j.C2 ] and [ j.C3 pause j.C2 ] work for me.

The first one is for when you're really close to the ground and might not work at all after the patch, the second one is usually used after a superjump or a chain in which seems to persist in 1.1.

Some people also like to pause before the last j.C, whatever works for you

Hello quick question. Lately in my fights my attempts to get in with chains have been getting punished non stop, especially against characters with dps.

What are ways to help make chain ins safer and overall help in the neutral game. I'm still fairly new with hazama.

Hello quick question. Lately in my fights my attempts to get in with chains have been getting punished non stop, especially against characters with dps.

What are ways to help make chain ins safer and overall help in the neutral game. I'm still fairly new with hazama.

A couple of things you can do is when you're chaining in, input j.a/j.b early to slow down/stop the momentum. This causes you to stop at a certain distance and block before your opponent (depending on the timing of your input) and allows to you to bait DP/anti-air/5a. You can also do 5D~D/B/C then midway through do another 5D~D/B/C. Try not to use 5D~C alot to approach since it can be easily mash out of. 5D delay D is also good too when you're in the air or 4D~D quickly to approach real fast from quite a distance catching him off guard.

At close range, if your opponent like to 5A your 5D approaches, you can try doing 5D and just before it touches your opponent, hit A to retract your chain. This causes his 5A to whiff and if your spacing is right, this allows you punish him e.g. 3C into Houtenjin stuff.

One last thing, just be mindful of your chain stocks.

[ j.C2 pause j.C2 ] and [ j.C3 pause j.C2 ] work for me.

The first one is for when you're really close to the ground and might not work at all after the patch, the second one is usually used after a superjump or a chain in which seems to persist in 1.1.

Some people also like to pause before the last j.C, whatever works for you

Thanx.. I think I got it by delaying the last j.C but I wasn't getting it a lot.

I'll keep trying.

Does it do that much damage btw? I've been doing a kombo that looked like it was similar meterless damage:

2A>5B>3C~214D~66B>66 5A>5C(2)>2C>4D>j.8DD>j.Cx2>j.Cx5~214B

PS: Even if it doesn't do that much damage I still want to get it down. It sounds so deadly... ...and Swaggy.

Edit: Was simpler than I thought... Pretty fun to do too.

That's the second best combo off jabs and Ressenga, it's also a lot more stable than the optimal one so you'll see even top players opting for that.

So yeah go for it, it definitely works in 1.1 as well. j.C1 > dj.C5 > Hiren is also a lot easier than j.C2 in case you're having trouble and the damage loss is minuscule

Ok so I need some help. (BIG SURPRISE!) I need help applying a lot of what combos I learn and just need help with a general mind set for when I'm playing. I am really bad in online matches usually because I just don't know what to do against my opponent or apply what I learned. Sorry if I'm posting in wrong thing but I thought it would be best to ask hazama players. 

That's the second best combo off jabs and Ressenga, it's also a lot more stable than the optimal one so you'll see even top players opting for that.

So yeah go for it, it definitely works in 1.1 as well. j.C1 > dj.C5 > Hiren is also a lot easier than j.C2 in case you're having trouble and the damage loss is minuscule

Kool.. May I ask what's the first best kombo?

I kinda adjust on the spot to their height on whether I do one j.C or two before the double jump..

Do you by any chance know anywhere where I kan see recent Hazama play? (Like within these two months or at least this year) And has anybody been placing with him at Majors? I really want to see how he's played by different people and maybe steal some kombos and tech.

PS: I have the Japanese version (and kan't read Japanese) so I don't always recognize when you guys kall the moves by their actual names. lol.

Ok so I need some help. (BIG SURPRISE!) I need help applying a lot of what combos I learn and just need help with a general mind set for when I'm playing. I am really bad in online matches usually because I just don't know what to do against my opponent or apply what I learned. Sorry if I'm posting in wrong thing but I thought it would be best to ask hazama players. 

This question seems a bit vague and I'm somewhat new to this game so I may not be of much help but here's what I got about the character from my understanding:

IF I'M WRONG ABOUT SOMETHING SOMEONE PLEASE KORRECT ME

Hazama seems to work best at two ranges, klose range, and far. At mid range (even 1 short dash away he seems to be at a disadvantage to other characters). Fortunately his Drive allows him to make quick escapes back to fullscreen and once they start chasing you, you kan meet them up with your dash as they dash in. Still, you have to be kareful about when you make those escapes or dash ins as his defense is a bit lacking (I've even gotten trades for doing his 236236B) and after blocking (with the pushback brought on from strings) you will often be put into that disadvantage range again.. At this range, I usually do one of three things (if I'm sensing aggression) 3C to fight back, or wait for the jump to 5A, or wait for the dash in to 2A. If they do something you didn't expect, don't be afraid to block again.

There's more I kan explain but I don't want it to drag. Plus, I am still new so I may be a lil off.. But if you have more specific questions I'll do my best to answer them.

what would a beginner hazama play half to practice/know before fighting someone. i am new to bb and have no idea what to do. i keep doing unsafe stuff like 3c to stance and the same blockstring over and over again. 

what would a beginner hazama play half to practice/know before fighting someone. i am new to bb and have no idea what to do. i keep doing unsafe stuff like 3c to stance and the same blockstring over and over again. 

Stagger pressure with 5A/2A/5B. e.g. 5A>5B>5B>etc, 5A>5B>2A>2A>2B>etc.

Delay gatling e.g. 5B>delay 5C/2C/3C, 5C>delay 3C. DP beats this cleanly though.

Mixup e.g. 5A/5B/5C/etc beside 3C>stance overhead/low, 5A/2A/5B tick throw or cmd grab. Also change your gatling options occasionally e.g. 5A>5C.

5C/2C into 5D>236D to catch ppl off guard or just 5D into chain followup for chain mixup

Ends blockstring with 236D or 2C jump cancel to be safe. Use stance mixup when they starts respecting you.

hey guys, im still a pretty new player but really studying hard.  Ive really been practicing hard with my hazama and relius. Here are some match videos of me playing hazama. any critiques will really help me out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQoNhoqCHXg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th9Rrov9cHE

Also is anyone going to NCR here on dustloop? its my first major, id love to do a couple rounds with anyone here. destroy me and show me how to really play hazama lol

Old news, but these are the (more detailed) changes n BBCP 1.1:

• Backstep – Invincibility frames changed from 1~6F to 1~7F. Airborne state changed from 1~16F to 1~19F. Increased the travel distance.
  • Negative Penalty Resistance – Changed from 2 to 4.
  • Overdrive Version D Attacks – Changed the damage output of both short and long range versions to match one another. Long range version now deals 1X, the short range version now deals 2X.
  • Jump C – Changed the untechable time of attacks 1~4 from 21F to 19F. Changed the untechable time of the 5th attack from 25F to 21F. Adjusted the knockback when hitting airborne opponents.
  • Falling Fang – Changed combo starter time to MOMENT.
  • Bloody Fangs – On a successful grab, shortened the amount of time for a follow up.
  • Snake Bite – On hit, can be canceled directly into Eternal Coils of the Dragon Serpent.
  • Serpent’s Infernal Rapture – Damage reduced from 2500 to 1800.
  • Eternal Coils of the Dragon Serpent – On hit, increased the pullback distance so that it is in range for the Overdrive life steal.

Someone could tell me which moves are the last five?, I know them by their japanese names.

I wish they would just use the JPN names in game, it's so cumbersome keeping track of the English names that are a million words long : /