Favorite Hazama iteration?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Hazama iteration?

• BB:CS
    • BB:CS2
    • BB:CSEX
    • BB:CP
    • ...CT...? Can dream.

Hey guys, I'm a new member to this website, and have been messing around with Hazama recently. I really enjoy playing the character, so I have a couple of questions if you don't mind helping me out. 

1.) Im a little confused on how his neutral should work, mainly because the character I played before this was Terumi and he was all about getting in and staying in. Could anyone give me an idea on what I should be doing at neutral with Hazama?

2.) What are some good setups for his command grab?

3.) How should I go about maintaining pressure/making my opponent respect my offense?

Any help would be appreciated and I look forward to hopefully hearing back soon.

Thanks  :)  

Hey guys, I'm a new member to this website, and have been messing around with Hazama recently. I really enjoy playing the character, so I have a couple of questions if you don't mind helping me out. 

1.) Im a little confused on how his neutral should work, mainly because the character I played before this was Terumi and he was all about getting in and staying in. Could anyone give me an idea on what I should be doing at neutral with Hazama?

2.) What are some good setups for his command grab?

3.) How should I go about maintaining pressure/making my opponent respect my offense?

Any help would be appreciated and I look forward to hopefully hearing back soon.

Thanks   :)  

1) This is match-up dependant. In general, you want to keep zoning them out with your drives and then going in when you hit a chain or see an opening. It takes some time to get used to his options and ways of getting around but you'll eventually learn that as you play. Don't get too happy with drive follow ups and remember to pay attention to your stocks. Hazama is very good in both zoning and rushdown, make sure to apply both strategies depending on the situation and character you're up against.

2) Which one? For 236C, there are a handful of ways to surprise your opponent with it. Works great if used during stagger pressure for example, just remember to be creative with it.

If you mean the Super Command Throw, I wouldn't really recommend it. You'll probably get more damage if you use the meter for a Houtenjin confirm. It's useful to close out rounds though, you can try this input for practical use: 63214D~6D. 

3) As I mentioned earlier, stagger pressure. Hazama's 5B is +2 on block and 2A is +1, meaning you have the advantage in these situations and will be able to act before your opponent recovers from blockstun. This is very useful for frame traps if you delay your gatlings and will definitely make your opponent respect you. Be aware that this loses to DPs, watch out for them. 

During stagger, you can go for overheads (6A/Ressenga), lows (2B, Zaneiga) and throws (B+C, 236C). Be creative!

Edited by Strife

I wish they would just use the JPN names in game, it's so cumbersome keeping track of the English names that are a million words long : /

The names are hilarious to read, they sound so dumb lol

Did they remove Hazama in 1.1? Watching vids, Hazama can't be found sad face.

You should subscribe to Game Chariot's channel. There's like a TON of Hazama footage being uploaded there.

Link.

Hey guys, I'm back with a couple more questions. Also, thanks Strife for the advice you gave me earlier. It really helped out.

So to try to keep this as short as possible, I'm now at a point where I'm comfortable with Hazama's confirms, and most of his BnBs. I just have to get it committed to muscle memory. But the biggest place I'm struggling with is really

1.) anti-airs?: I know that 5C, 2C, flash kick, and 5A are his anti-airs, but I'm struggling to know what ranges to use each option at. Any explanation or even a match that shows some of these would help.

2.) approaching my opponent: I know Hazama's ground movement isn't crazy, same goes for his IAD. So I guess what I struggle with is mainly, how do I use his chains effectively? Every time I try to go in, I usually get anti aired a lot, or my opponent just counter calls my chains and moves around it to get closer to me. Any advice on this matter would help.

And I have tried digging through some older forum post, but I felt all the old Hazama guides (CS1-CSEX) didn't really apply much now. Maybe I'm missing something. But man this character is a blast, but I'm losing more than potentially winning. Trying to level up, so any advice is welcome. Thanks again

5C isn't really an anti-air, although it does have a decent vertical hitbox

2C is a good AA for obvious IAD or frontal jump ins but it can get baited (and punished) badly by double jumping, it does have a very high reward if you hit with it though, your options are pretty limited if they air barrier block it.

5A is a really good AA and pretty much his go-to AA.

it's pretty fast and works well to deal with cross ups or any kind of aerial approach really, if you hit with it it has good reward and the opponent can't bait it with double jumps and such but depending on the characters you are up against you may just get outpoked (i.e Bang's jB beats 5A clean but loses to 2C), you can do tons of stuff even if it ends up being blocked

214D~B is not a good AA, I guess it's ok vs. Valk and Hakumen preemptively but otherwise it's pretty bad as you need to go into stance to be able to use it first.

jA (confirm into jAA > jC5 > loops) can also work as an anti air because it's pretty fast and has a decent hitbox, it's good when fighting someone that likes to double jump a lot to try and bait 2C, sets up ok pressure if it's blocked

you should not stick to just chains when moving around with Hazama!

66~1[AB] is a pretty good and safe way to move around the screen or end up in favorable positions.

his IAD isn't bad at all and coupled with his jA/jB/j[A]~ it can be pretty good to move around when you get closer to your opponent

chains have been discussed a lot, all the old guides are indeed somewhat outdated because chains were reworked in CP but if you go through this very same thread you should find plenty of infos to get you started.

whats good and bad wildly change depending on the match up and tbh it's also a really difficult topic to discuss because of the very same nature of chains, j4DD ( cancel the chain into pull right away ) is a pretty good to get around the screen though, eh, you could even call it a "super iad" of sort I guess.

you really want to check out top level vids of Hazama if you want to have a better understanding of all his movement options and how to use them effectively though, so hit up the video thread and/or youtube Udon, Mitsurugi, Noze, Aru or Rocha!

Thanks, yeah I have mainly been reading through older forum posts, but once I get some time I will read more through this. Also I have mainly been watching Mitsurugi, but I will be sure to check out the other players as well.

And I thinking that this forum would be so boring with arrogants pros. BUT then I started to read this topic!

Nice to meet everyone, new to the forum but a long time haz fan ^^

Also I know it's kind of stupid, but for some weird reason I CANT DASH!!! Any tips, anyone?

I know it's 66, but I'm really screwed on dashing with 214D

Well, practice and you'll get the hang of it. No secrets.

It definitely needs some timing when compared to normal dashes if you want to keep going forward or backwards while the stance is active.

1.) anti-airs?: I know that 5C, 2C, flash kick, and 5A are his anti-airs, but I'm struggling to know what ranges to use each option at. Any explanation or even a match that shows some of these would help.

Honestly, walk backwards.

You're not gonna have an answer for every approach, via versa for any other character (except for Koko), but if you feel you're in a situation where you know all your anti air options will whiff, get yourself in a comfortable position where you know if your opponent tries jumping at this moment, your anti air will be successful. In most cases, just walk backwards a bit.

Also I know it's kind of stupid, but for some weird reason I CANT DASH!!! Any tips, anyone?

I know it's 66, but I'm really screwed on dashing with 214D

Large possibility you may be doing too fast. Try hitting 66 about 1/4 a second later.

Have input commands on during training mode, if 66 comes out, but Hazama didn't move, that means you just did it too fast, is all.

Large possibility you may be doing too fast. Try hitting 66 about 1/4 a second later.

Have input commands on during training mode, if 66 comes out, but Hazama didn't move, that means you just did it too fast, is all.

Exactly what was happening :(

But now , I got the hanf of it :D

Well , now I need to learn to use 2C and 6D or 4D afterwards, any tip?

Hello once again. Thanks for all the advice thus far. Quick question today:

How do you guys prefer to practice your chain movement outside of actual play ?  (i.e Training mode and whatnot)

soo for this new patch, they said DP motions will be easier... why the hell am i dashing using venom fang insted of hungry coils?

How do you guys prefer to practice your chain movement outside of actual play ?  (i.e Training mode and whatnot)

I usually just swing some chains around while I'm practicing in Training mode. It might not seem like much, but just going into Training mode for a few minutes and practicing your chain movement and the chain's different options can really help you get good at moving around and using them.

I also have a question too. It sounds really dumb, but sometimes, for some reason, I cannot use Jakou no matter how hard I try, even if my life depended on it. Then I'll go back to playing later and use it like I'm a pro, is there any way to consistently use it and not look like an idiot? I seems to have trouble with the input for it sometimes. I use the regular PS3 controller.

Launch yourself in random directions with the first chain hit then try to follow-up with a second chain that puts you where you need to be. This is good practice for me to account for any situation. Try landing right next to your opponent with B cancels from fullscreen, up in the air, etc.

I never really needed to practice D/C cancels as they're pretty easy to understand.

When you're stuck in the air, the B cancel basically becomes your "Undo" button and let's you try again when you hit someone's block, so it's really important to understand it's movement.

Another important tip: After either jumping twice or air dashing, Hazama will automatically turn around in midair if he flies past his opponent. He won't do this if you've only jumped once or just flown into the air on a chain though.

Another important tip: After either jumping twice or air dashing, Hazama will automatically turn around in midair if he flies past his opponent. He won't do this if you've only jumped once or just flown into the air on a chain though.

Wow, I didn't know about this. By the way, I just tried super jumping once and it works too.

I also have a question too. It sounds really dumb, but sometimes, for some reason, I cannot use Jakou no matter how hard I try, even if my life depended on it. Then I'll go back to playing later and use it like I'm a pro, is there any way to consistently use it and not look like an idiot? I seems to have trouble with the input for it sometimes. I use the regular PS3 controller.

i feel ya on that one. i herd that they would fix the dp motion on most characters. but no one said they would give that problem to other characters like hazama. cant even use that as a combo finisher anymore.