Favorite Hazama iteration?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Hazama iteration?

• BB:CS
    • BB:CS2
    • BB:CSEX
    • BB:CP
    • ...CT...? Can dream.

If you hit them with lvl1 Gasshou but S.Gasshou whiffs you're probably canceling the throw into stance too late, if you do it quickly enough the combo should be pretty easy

Also you should follow it up with 66 5C > j.C5 > 5C > sj.B > j.C2 > dj.C5 > Hiren instead

I tried going as fast as I can I managed once or twice to make Gashou lvl 2 hits but not much more then that, I guess I'll just keep practicing on training until I get the timing right... any tips to help me on the timing?

I tried going as fast as I can I managed once or twice to make Gashou lvl 2 hits but not much more then that, I guess I'll just keep practicing on training until I get the timing right... any tips to help me on the timing?

I guess you could try to input the command as soon as Hazama kicks the opponent away or during the animation.

I guess you could try to input the command as soon as Hazama kicks the opponent away or during the animation.

tried... dosen't work and it seems if I inpunt the commande anytime before that it's to early so it dosen,t register, yet it still whiffs most of the time...

sorry for the double post, but after more tries i think I found the problem, I figured out that doing the max dash gives the lvl 2 no matter how much time had elapsed, so I just had to press the dash faster wich makes me able to hit it more reliably (I dash right as he kicks the guy so as soon as hazama goes into stance he dashes)

that might very well be it, doing some more tests to make sure

Is there some trick into doing those lengthy jc loop combos?I'm trying to learn how to do those,but i'm not having any progress.Is there an easy away to learn them?

j.C3 > pause > j.C2 or

jC4 > pause > j.C1

It obviously depends on the opponent's height as well as the combo, just get a simple 1.1 combo from the combo thread and practice the pauses in it

A neat little reset that's usable once or if the other guy doesn't know about Ressenga nerfed combo starter  :v: 

Ressenga > 2A > 5C > 3C > Gasshou > reset into a well timed 5C for jC5 or j.Gasshou  or Houtenjin combo route if opponent immediately techs and didn't air-barrier (since AUB). Need to adjust according if they air-tech backward (66 5C) or forward (iirc, this one beats this reset or make 5C whiff)

Don't think Hazama really needs to use resets like that. He should just frustrate the other player until he can get the big punish. :v:

So ive seen a combo video on how this 2.0 hazama gonna be and i can say im gonna like his buffs. Not sure im late to the party but his benediction can go to lv2 with less frames plus his falling fang triggers a bounce. Howere his ners on lv1 Dev-fang doesnt even scoop anymore.

You are kind of late. Speaking of hazama though, why does it feel like these forums are kind of dead right now? Are the tournaments off for the holidays or something?

You are kind of late. Speaking of hazama though, why does it feel like these forums are kind of dead right now? Are the tournaments off for the holidays or something?

ask something meaningful or post techs findings and the forums will get more lively!

ask something meaningful or post techs findings and the forums will get more lively!

I found a decent Hazama mix up if it helps get things going.

It's basically 5C, 6D-B, J.2C (only on crouchers, the chain has to go slightly past them).

If timed right it's a cross-up. Do it early and it's a same side mix-up. I've also seen 6D-D, 2D-D cross up but I have no clue how to get the timing for that one. Anyone else with some cool chain stuff?

I found a decent Hazama mix up if it helps get things going.

It's basically 5C, 6D-B, J.2C (only on crouchers, the chain has to go slightly past them).

If timed right it's a cross-up. Do it early and it's a same side mix-up. I've also seen 6D-D, 2D-D cross up but I have no clue how to get the timing for that one. Anyone else with some cool chain stuff?

That sounds fairly slow to be a mix up.

I haven't tried it out yet in training mode, but I'm sure most character would be able to run under the j2C/d.barrier/right out j.A you out of anything.

chains are pretty bad as a mix up tool (as in when gatlin'd into), they CAN be used but not too often, mostly because it's kinda like cancelling 3C into 214D~x, not necessarily bad frame wise but super obvious.

and even then most characters can 5A you on reaction out of 5C 5DD or stuff like that (can't really do the same vs. 5C 5D~A 3C // 5C 5Dxx214D~ // 5C 5Dxx236D, still pretty bad mix ups/blockstrings though).

you can use chains as oki tools after a very close to the corner 3C 236D, just end something into 3C 236D and then dash 5D~D/C/B, most of the times most characters will be able to 5A you out of it (or roll away) though

It's mostly if they respect you a lot. I have better ones but I haven't tested them out in an actual match so I'm not sure how well they work.

The first one is 2C, jc, 2D-D, 2B. Basically you jump into a low. It can be done really fast but I have yet to actually use it so I'm not sure how it works with reaction times.

The second is basically the same thing but with a different cancel. Use 2D-C instead for the cross up.

Both work well if you get your opponent to respect your chain approaches via proper spacing, AA baits, or A cancels since both can be used on approach by just jump cancelling what ever attack you used to go in. I'm mostly just trying to get the forums going though and to see what others have learned to do with Hazama's chains.

Jump cancel 5B/5C when?

ASW has pretty much only taketh away at this point.

Them taking away jcable 5B/5C, along with the stupid cp barrier pushback, have been the worst Hazama nerfs ever imo.

In previous games I could sit in their faces all day, now you either have to attempt a mixup right away and that's it, or you risk whiffing one of your normals and getting shat on.

There's also 5B/2A staggers of course, but his pressure is still nothing like it used to be. rip

And yeah xDB "mixup" isn't worth it.

5C > 5DD > j.2C fake or real crossup, or 5DD > crossup j.A whiff > air backdash j.2C and stuff are ok to use once in a while only after you've conditioned them with 5D > Jabaki cancel which CHs them if they mash it.

You can also go for stance mixup after 5D if you've conditioned them.

B cancel is really good in the corner after a Jabaki wallbounce tho

Jabaki > 2DB > j.2C; if you slightly delay the B cancel, j.2C will come out normally hitting overhead, if you do it immediately j.2C will get canceled by the landing animation allowing you to 2B instead.

It's great because it's not easy for the opponent to tell whether you delayed it or not, and j.2C's startup animation will always come out confusing them.

If they start differentiating between the two, you can go deeper by doing land > 6A and stuff, even though you shouldn't allow them to. You need to sacrifice damage in order to do the mixup anyway, so it's only worth it every once in a while after Gasaishou or a weird confirm into Jakou > 63C > Jabaki

I wonder what kind of options Jabaki > S.Zaneiga will give us in 2.0, since even old uncharged close range Zaneiga has always been good in the corner, but very situational.

Taking away jc'able 5B made baiting counter assaults pretty much impossible unless the only frame trap you are doing is 2A 2C, old 5B was SO strong, ch 5B xx 214D~C linking on crouchers was pretty cool.

No jc on 5C is w/e, it really isn't that big of a deal since you can pretty much swap it for 2C for frame traps/pressure (it was much better in CP1 where you could actually hit confirm ch 2C into 4k without mindlessly cancelling into iad though).

When it comes to pressuring with Hazama you really need to figure out quickly your opponent's tendencies when he's on defense (does he ever fuzzy guard? does he know how to properly OS tech or is he just mashing standing throw? does he have a 6fr 2a/5a(that hits crouchers)? dp?) and find the best way to score a b.throw as that's pretty much Hazama's most threatening option.

Most good players know to mostly look out for 5B anyway since IB'ing it drastically reduces Hazama's pressure options and forces him to either go for a late gatling to catch chicken block/fuzzy guard/2a mash or "back off" by ending the blockstring with a (tight) gatling into jabaki.

You really want to get in and try to land a throw quickly, otherwise just back off and play neutral, fixating too much on running endless frame traps is pretty much useless.

Just look at that recent Tetsuwo vs. Udon CP2 set, Udon pretty much lost a lot of games because he was too afraid to go for throws, instead he stuck to just doing frame traps and Tetsuwo capitalized on that by just sticking to barrier blocking/fuzzy guard to get out and then looking to space himself at 2/4 ~ inside Haz's 3C range.

Compare Udon's playstyle in that set to ANY of Mitsurugi's matches, unlike Udon he will always keep his blockstrings extremely short and go for 214D~A/throw/command throw asap to try to score a knockdown or push the opponent to the corner (where longer blockstrings are much better because of how easier it is to convert them into meaningful damage w/o meter).

It was a bit less obvious in CP1 because of his gorilla damage, but Hazama's gameplay has drastically shifted from CSX to CP1/2 forcing us to focus on playing a better neutral/keep away game, unlike CSX where it was pretty much: score a throw/try your best to ib everything > score a hit and confirm into hountejin > 214D~B corner setplay > land anything > bait burst(s) > "the wheel of fate is turning!" * n, this kind of gameplay put a much bigger emphasis on rushing the opponent down as soon as we had hountejin stocked and thus made frame traps/blockstrings more "appealing", in CP I swear I use my meter more for CAs than confirming into hountejin.

I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say.. ...I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY WITH EXTEND HAZAMA THAN CP HAZAMA. When I saw jc 5B nerf I thought it meant on block only, guess the joke was on me, why ASW, WHY???!!!

They want him rolling around at the speed of sound toward and away from the opponent with the chains above all this time.
His pressure is 'there' but not, since you are going to want to go straight for his mixup options more now.
My hope for an Hazmas Eve miracle is where ASW start to see their errors and at least give him back jc 5B and Houtenjin is worth using in combos again.

Maybe bring back his CS series meter gain back too? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

CP meterless combos with CS meter gain... Terumi would hide in shame

After getting used to the idea of the stock change, the worst and probably silliest 2.0 change seems to be the uncharged Zaneiga one.

It's so sad seeing people hit stuff with it not at point blank and not be able to do follow it up. Even if you do confirm it the damage is no different from a normal starter too.

Meh and situational reward from a 27 frame low... just why. I guess it's slightly faster now though, but still too slow for a low. Pachi pls

Also why are we still using this thread