Favorite Hazama iteration?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Hazama iteration?

• BB:CS
    • BB:CS2
    • BB:CSEX
    • BB:CP
    • ...CT...? Can dream.

Just note that DP from Ragna, Jin, etc. or certain moves like Azrael's 6A beats Houtenjin clean but the opponent has to hard read you in the first place.

Not much BEATS Houtenjin but lots can trade hits with it, sux.

Just gonna leave this here.

EUSIHgB.gif

thanks guys

1 more question, what aspect of Hazama should I practice 1st? Combo, Pressure, Block String, Movement, Drive Usage?

thanks guys

1 more question, what aspect of Hazama should I practice 1st? Combo, Pressure, Block String, Movement, Drive Usage?

Drive usage. Some of hazamas blockstrings have a tiny gap where you could be eating someones DP to as little as hakumans instant 3C.

I believe its because most of us are waiting to get their hands on the actual game and not waste people's time asking why nobody posts.

Sooooooo, it's your fault???

On the American side we have Lich-senpai. He's the only one of us to actually do anything anymore. And for JP we've got Mitsurugi the God and Noze. Both very strong Hazama players.

I think you are forgetting someone. Though I wouldn't exactly blame you considering I have moved closer to Starcraft anyways.

Here's some more optimal combo routes for you all. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwjFRW8cAbc

3C > 214D~B/C > IAD early j.2C?

I tested it and it works on Ragna's dp at least but tbh I'm not very sure whether I'm doing it correctly or not. 

How do you pressure with hazama when youre up close? and when youre mid-range? im a little new to this character and would like some tips/help constructing some pressure/block-strings to use when i get in. Thanks in advance :D

5B > 5B

5B > (miro)dash 5B 

5B > 2A

2B / 5B > tick throw

2A > tick throw / cmd grab / TRM (if opponent barrier then you got to dash to close in the range)

2A > 63214D~(6)6D (tick cmd super grab. iirc the input is this) 

2A > 2A > 2A
2A > microdash 2A

Cancelling into non-charged / charged ressenga/zaneiga from all normal. Mix it up on which normal to cancel from. 3C into stance shldn't be use that often since it's obvious after awhile. Cancelling the stance and dash up throw is an option too if they respect you too much.

Chain shenanigan:
stuff > 2C > jump cancel 2D~D > 2B to catch ppl reacting to jump
2C > IAD > j.2C (not very useful though)
2C > jump cancel backwads 4D~D (very fast) > whiff j.Cxn > land and 2B (again to catch ppl reacting to you in the air)

4 minutes ago, Ourozama said:

5B > 5B

5B > (miro)dash 5B 

5B > 2A

2B / 5B > tick throw

2A > tick throw / cmd grab / TRM (if opponent barrier then you got to dash to close in the range)

2A > 63214D~(6)6D (tick cmd super grab. iirc the input is this) 

2A > 2A > 2A
2A > microdash 2A

Cancelling into non-charged / charged ressenga/zaneiga from all normal. Mix it up on which normal to cancel from. 3C into stance shldn't be use that often since it's obvious after awhile. Cancelling the stance and dash up throw is an option too if they respect you too much.

Chain shenanigan:
stuff > 2C > jump cancel 2D~D > 2B to catch ppl reacting to jump
2C > IAD > j.2C (not very useful though)
2C > jump cancel backwads 4D~D (very fast) > whiff j.Cxn > land and 2B (again to catch ppl reacting to you in the air)

Thanks for the quick response! What should i do if my opponent is mashing/dping in between my micro dashes?

4 hours ago, MangoBlackTea said:

Thanks for the quick response! What should i do if my opponent is mashing/dping in between my micro dashes?

mashing will lose to frametraps/staggered pressure (eg 5B dash 2A, 5B 5B etc)

as for dps you just have to guess, hazama's backdash is fast and long enough to use to bait dp, 214d~a (blocked) > backdash will make ragna's dp whiff for example (midscreen only, sorta, if ragna's is in the corner your spacing has to be really good).

I guess you need to frame trap more to make them respect you. Dash breaking with barrier but you put yourself in a defensive position if they mash 2A/5A. It does great against DPers though.

thanks guys :D

Quick edit: what are some useful chains/movement with chains that i can use to get in on people? preferably some beginner friendly chains D: Thanks in advance!!