82 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Hazama iteration?

• BB:CS
    • BB:CS2
    • BB:CSEX
    • BB:CP
    • ...CT...? Can dream.

BBCP 2.0 Hazama in the recent stream 

Chain recovers faster or did they just remove the 0.5 cost to retract? [1:20:05]
S version of stance charges faster now [1:20:37]
Ressenga bounces enemy on hit [1:21:28]
Jabaki seems to be able to cancel into stance>b follow up [1:22:06] jabaki>stance pressure?  :v: 
OD JAYOKU HOUTENJIN!! [1:23:13] Abit disappointed with the OD aesthetic though. Wish it lasts longer and has more impact.

Anything else you guys notice?

With OD Houtenjin, you only need the one second from guard cancel, it seems to hit hard enough.
Guard cancel overdrive in general definitely changes the pace of the game.

How do you guys get better with the chains? I understand they can cancel your momentum and whatnot but I can't really seem to get the timing down on it. I either press the button hella late and end up chaining downwards during something like 4D-D or pressing the button or press it early and not get my input at all. It occasionally messes me up, especially when I try to copy all those awesome chain moves I keep seeing Mitsurugi do.

Keep practising. Youll get use to it. Really just focus on D(D/A) during a combo. The others B and C are mostly used for mixups crossover setups.

Just get used to doing instant j.4D~D to zip horizontally and j.6D~slight delay D for a more downward trajectory, it's what you'll be using the most for moving around the screen. The rest of the time you'll be canceling later or earlier with various buttons depending on the situation, there's nothing to be taught here really

I had the same problem (and i still have lol) some time ago when I started playing Hazama.Like Henjin and Putin said,practice makes perfect.Even the most skilled player mess up sometimes.

Anything else you guys notice?

I will list everything I see.

They definitely lowered the chains retracting time when full extended. Really good in my opinion (at least grounded version)

Od Jiyakou seems to do 2.5K damage.

They may have buffed his forward dash.

Our chains recharge incredibly slower then before. Before we waited till the amount of frames necessary hit then we would get full stocks back now it starts recharging in about the same amount of time.

Stances charges so much faster. Probably to make S.Devouring fang hit faster during their falling frames of jiyakou. (yay)

Falling fang ground bounces in both forms. Don't know if this will let us combo with it but it may actually make are level 1 combos stronger if we can.

You can cancel into stances from jabaki at least on hit. (Really good since getting this on counter hit didn't really entire any damage before but may now.) That improves it's usefulness as a poke.

6A seemed fast just my imagination probably.

During the ragna pressure it seemed like the chain stopped recharging as he was being  hit (blocking) and while he started to jump though the chain gauge seemed to take less time to begin charging after the charge was interrupted by ragna connecting hits.

That's about it for things I noticed.

As an ending note I actually really like how hazama plays in 1.1 and will miss him come 2.0

Thanks for the inputs and just in time for some new 2.0 Hazama footage!

http://youtu.be/UxGc3_2IUX8?t=4m19s

-Chains regeneration speed decreases as it moves from the first bar to the last bar.

-6C cancelling into chain is faster now(?)

-6C bounces on air hit

-Jabaki > Stance mixup (confirmed)

Regarding Jabaki > Stance mixup, if Jabaki is still +1 on block, isn't this really good? 

It will definitely make the 5C > 5D > Jabaki frametrap more scary, atm it's only there to condition your opponent not to mash after a point blank chain so you can go into stance mixup instantly. Now we can probably get more out of it whether they block Jabaki or not, ideally getting a J.Zaneiga followup on CH.

Most of these changes look interesting, but we'll need more stuff to make up for the stock nerf.

By the way, they didn't use chain cancel on that showcase video, did they? M-maybe they changed their mind and it won't eat up stocks now :v:

We've only seen the Jabaki>Stance on hit, not on block. So not sure about it.

6C bounce is just weird. They must really want 5D in his combos now I guess.

Also 6C was only done on guard as well if I recall. Either he got really buffed pressure or it's the same but with slightly better neutral with worse chain neutral are normals aren't really suited to playing neutral chains where pretty important.

It's pretty hard to get on Rachel personally I think it's still in Hazama's favour though but her changes could really make that match up bad for hazama if she decided to play zoning because wind affects chains and the bats follow and effect you in some way (forget what) and now she can lighting bolt off of it? That's going to be much harder.

Of course when I make a post saying what I saw in the last video a new one comes out 2min later.

anyone else see that are hirentsu is worse oki? It was kinda bad before. They really are lowering the skill in his combo's it seems if he can't loop and if we lost are proper corner swap combo's.

I really liked 1.1 for Hazama he was pretty fun to use I shall miss it. It required skill to do his combo's unlike 1.0 which was the same thing repeated forever lol.

Personally, as long as Rachel isn't welding Hazama to the wall, I think he'll be okay.

Only thing you focus on lol? It's going to be harder match up then it was before. Still like fighting rachels always ends up in time up with either me chaining up or the rachel flying up.

Alright someone did a translation 6C can be cancelled into "Various Drive moves"

and Jabaki "Can cancel into stance from on hit" so looks like are pressure wasn't buffed in that regard but at least Jabaki may get actual damage off of a counter hit mid screen making it a slightly better poke. Still to slow and has a lot of recovery for a poke though.

6C can be used as a frametrap and dp bait it seems though that's good since it didn't really have any use in pressure currently since it doesn't seem to need to have been a hit to use the drive moves.

Also I said this on the general thread but are third chain takes FOREVER to charge like 5 seconds.

It will definitely make the 5C > 5D > Jabaki frametrap more scary

That's actually a frame trap? I used but always seemed to get punished lol must be delaying then.

Yeah seeing Jabaki cancel into stance only on hit ...

Btw, probably old but I see Mitsurugi doing jC5> chain > Hiren in http://youtu.be/vM2FSRpaBSs?t=9m5s That hit could really help with the last chain stock provided it works in 2.0

I have been using that forever it has limitations usually when you have to end the combo earlier. Like getting an air chain that you wouldn't be able to combo because they're to far from the ground.

Also looks like CHs are possible out of GCOD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DCr1DIzyYY

OD Mizuchi Rekkazan (632146C) at 1:09

Life steal ring is still there after gcod ends.

What I noticed while watching a live stream:

-Airthrow bounce opponent higher

-jC loop is finally dead(?)

-J.Gassshou knockback increased

-Able to combo from CH Ressenga

-Chain on block still gives a stock back

Feel free to correct me since watching on a mobile sucks.

New stuff:

-jC loop x2 is doable in midscreen & corner even with the increased knockback as shown here  :v: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24651170?ref=search_key_video

Or you can go for jCx5 > Jakou

-Ressenga's new bounce can be used to extend combo!

3C > Houtenjin > 66 j.Zaneiga > OD > 5B > 5C > 6D > j.Ressenga > 5C > 2C > 4D > j.Gassshou > Jakou > Mizuchi

Starter > Houtenjin > j.Ressenga > 5C > 6C > 5D~D > j.2C(whiff) > 5C > stuff

Forward throw > 66 j.Zaneiga or j.Ressenga (can't really remember whether this works) > stuff

-j.Zaneiga oki in corner or you can end with j,Zaneiga>6A. 

Edited by Ourozama

OD Mizuchi Rekkazan (632146C) at 1:09

Life steal ring is still there after gcod ends.

What I noticed while watching a live stream:

Airthrow bounce opponent higher.

jC loop is finally dead(?)

J.Gassshou blowback further(?)

Able to combo from CH ressenga

Chain on block still gives a stock back.

Feel free to correct me since watching on a mobile sucks.

Whew that no chain stock on block was a killer. Thank god it got reverted.

jC loop is finally dead(?)

jC loop x2 is doable in midscreen & corner.

Last hit of jC knocks the opponent further  :v: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24651170?ref=search_key_video

I don't... what is it after all, is it dead or not? Also thank god for getting stocks on block, even though eliminating stock usage on the A cancel might've been better. But it's still something I guess

Hello guys! I have a problem with Hazama's backward grab combo featured at 1:17 of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tayKEWE0beI

anytime I try it, I can't get to lvl 2 of Gashokyaku and hit the target, if I get to level 2 it whiffs because the training dummy techs at the same time, and even sometimes when I charge it a little less and it goes into leel 1 it still whiffs, so I don't know how I could do it level 2 and hit...

I'm not sure if I have 1.1 or 1.0 (I do believe I have 1.1 since I can play online w/o patching) but even then I looked at the patch notes and they didn't change Gashokyaku at all...

anything i'm missing?

for info the inputs I do is as follow: 4 BC, 214D, 66B (well I go into stance and dash forward, then press the B)

so any leads?