Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Henaki

ACCENT CORE General Discussion

Super duper fun time Potemkin Accent Core changes!

New voice samples! "Jaduja Ganuretto"

Force Break Attacks:

Aerial Potemkin Buster (632146D)

Judge Gauntlet (63214D?) (seems to have MUCH faster recovery?)

FRCs:

Potemkin Buster FRC (allows midscreen combos)

Property Changes:

cr.S pulls in on hit/block.

Longer Pot Buster Recovery (must frc for combos now)

6HS a Level 6 Move (Brand new level of move!)

You can juggle off an OTGed opponent from Slide Head

j.S ground bounces on CH

FDB now knocks opponent to wall on CH.

Heat now drops opponent in place, Extend pushes them back in exchange for more damage.

Although this isn't entirely new, Potemkin's Aegis Reflector works like Urien's now, unblockables and stuff! Yay! If you do a Giganter then slide head on a downed character, they have to reversal out of it or take garunteed damage, and even certain reversals will get hit by the shield.

Combos:

2S -> 2HS Possible

2HS -> Giganter Possible

Megafist and K launch from Slide Head OTG State, 2S possible after both.

Air Pot Buster doesn't cancel from any air attacks, so you have to JC into it if you're in an air combo?

You can combo midscreen on all? characters with Pot Buster FRC, you can no longer combo after Pot Buster in corner.

Aerial Pot Buster allows you to combo if you are facing the corner.

FOR BETTER COMBOS GO TO PAGE 16 OF THIS THREAD, POSCRUB LISTS A SHITLOAD OF COMBOS FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT.

AC Movelist

Specials

236P - Megafist (F)

214P - Megafist (B)

236S - Slide Head

63214S - F.D.B.

[4], 6H - Hammerfall

-- P During Hammerfall - Hammerfall Break

632146P - Potemkin Buster

623H - Heat

-- 63214H During Heat - Heat Extend

Force Breaks

63214D - Judge Gauntlet

632146D - Aerial Potemkin Buster

Overdrives

632146H - Giganter

-- 4123641236P During Giganter - Giganter Bullet

236236S - Heavenly Potemkin Buster

Do you have any idea about the OTG after Slide Head being a move-specific property or if they actually changed the OTG mechanics in AC? Because I've noticed that it seems like you can pick people off the ground with a bunch of stuff in this game, or so it appears. The physics in AC are wacky as hell so there is bound to be a lot of re-learning going on.

I can confirm all of the changes listed above. I didn't nail any PB FRCs though. 2S pulls in. Slide head has a "sliding " effect on the opponent. This is where they look downed but in actuality they can be picked back up off the ground. So if you hit them fast enough you can combo them. Generally speaking, you need to be fairly close hitting with the slide head to combo them(just outside of his actual head slamming range, like maybe 1.5 times Potemkins length when hes fully laying down in the slide head position). Then you just do Hammer Fall Break, 5K->2S->Heat Knuckle. Let them fall. Then apparently( I have NOT tested this) you can do 6H to them on wakeup and cancel it into Slidehead. If they did not perfect block your 6H or counter it like Baiken or something, they cannot dodge it. Again, untested. j.S does bounce on CH. Very very easily comboable. I didn't really notice a lot else, I didn't play Pot that much.

Do you have any idea about the OTG after Slide Head being a move-specific property or if they actually changed the OTG mechanics in AC? Because I've noticed that it seems like you can pick people off the ground with a bunch of stuff in this game, or so it appears.

The physics in AC are wacky as hell so there is bound to be a lot of re-learning going on.

Less related to Pot AC changes but more generally related to your question on OTG mechanics, I think the new "sliding" state that some moves like Slide Head have is the same state that a character is put into right when they get knocked out.

Put another way: you know when you use a move that doesn't normally launch during a ground combo, but it'll pop the opponent up slightly if it's the killing blow? (so that, if you *could* someone keep comboing them after they die, you could do an air combo)

I think that's basically how this new "sliding" state works -- it's kinda like an unrecoverable stagger, but you get a free launch with the next hit.

...well, I hope that cleared things up :sweat:

more on track with the thread, though, one change i've noticed is that when Pot throws the opponent away after doing a PB, the trajectory seems to arc down a bit more sharply, and the opponent falls faster. At the moment, it seems like there's no follow-up possible unless you FRC it, but maybe someone will discover a really tight link or something. oh and is floorbounce on Counter Hit Judge Gauntlet new or old?

oh and is floorbounce on Counter Hit Judge Gauntlet new or old?

It's new Before they just kinda floated back to the ground.

Also I was wondering if the slide effect was relative to head towards face down ,or away face up/down when the opp was knocked to the ground? And whateva move that puts them in that state on the ground. Like if pot air threw and when he landed did standing kick. Basically what i'm asking do we kno what all moves gives the sliding knockdown effect?

On the super jump mixups after Pot buster. I've seen the frc into superjump mixups and the non frc into mixups.The non frc showed he could still get there for mind games. Both were evident in the first batch of pot AC vids. I think it was pot vs Ino actually.

more on track with the thread, though, one change i've noticed is that when Pot throws the opponent away after doing a PB, the trajectory seems to arc down a bit more sharply, and the opponent falls faster. At the moment, it seems like there's no follow-up possible unless you FRC it, but maybe someone will discover a really tight link or something.

Yeah that's kind of the point of it. I said this ages ago, but I'd definitely trade the free followups Pote got with PB for an FRC so he could follow it up at mid screen. It really, really sucked when you'd have 100% tension and land a PB at mid screen and you couldn't do jack with it. Sol or May could get tons more damage off their command throw at mid screen.

Anyone seen Pote air PB someone out of a burst yet?

Gawd damn AC Potemkin looks awesome. =) So about this 6H -> Slide Head thing...I would assume you could cancel to Heat Knuckle instead if you think they'll jump? Still doesn't work with reversals, but it seems like Slide Head usually leaves you safe if they try one. As can be seen in one of the vids, you can also combo 5K -> 2S -> 2H -> Heavenly Pot Buster after a Slide Head. I hear you can combo 2S -> Knuckle after FRC Buster...I would assume 2S -> 2H -> HPB works there also. Counterhit FDB causes wall bounce now IIRC. I forget if that's actually it, but I know it's not the vertical launch from previous games anymore. =( His DAA seems exactly the same. Should still be able to land the 6H from afar, or actual combos near the corner. Someone on here said you could combo from Air Pot Buster. Haven't seen it yet though. The new j.S bounce is a great addition, as you can combo from it even if it hits early. I've seen Pot bait a slow move and perform combos that go something like this: Early CH j.S -> j.H, land, close S -> far S -> Knuckle. These changes look to be for the better overall. The key is getting real damage + close knockdown after Slide Head...that makes his wakeup games much scarier. Potemkin...top tier? =D

So about this 6H -> Slide Head thing...I would assume you could cancel to Heat Knuckle instead if you think they'll jump? Still doesn't work with reversals, but it seems like Slide Head usually leaves you safe if they try one.

i think the idea is that unless they DAA/wake-up reversal/backdash the 6HS, they're in so much blockstun from the 6HS that they can't evade the Slide Head.

When I head back to TGA this weekend I plan to thoroughly test the Slide Head thing(startup if its faster, if you can IB and jump out of it etc). It's obviously reversable but I'll get as many specifics on it as I can. I only played him for like 5 mins last time. He is looking beefy. Just flatout beefy.

6hs is now a level 6 move. And to my knowledge and from what I read the only way out of it after you block the f+hs is to do a move that gets you off teh ground as a reversal, or FD jumpish type stuff. just any regular ol' jump isnt fast enough to get off the ground in time.

I could've sworn I've seen people jump out of 6H -> slide head somehow (probably that FD jump)...hence, why I was talking about cancelling to knuckle sometimes. Also, of course, once they get used to 6H you can just slide head as they wake up. The Japanese use this to great effect. Never knew there was a level 6 btw...

yea they just added it to the game... Only level 6 moves to my knowledge is ex pile bunker, sols fafnir, ky and potemkins f+hs, baikens chain alpha counter and hrmm... well... thats the only I know of lol shrug. Im not even sure if every character in the game has them, it might only be those characters. Or it might not be shrug.

Basically to spot a level 6 you'll hear a huge "THUNK!!!" noise on block as well as a huge blue block animation thing. It sounds like a massive FD except they're not FDing heh.

Some extra buisness... yes you can DP out of 6H SH on a normal block. So I guess you could probably reversal backdash it too. 2S vacuums even on block! That's good news for mixups. Also Heat with no extend drops them close to you now, as opposed to launching them away.

is pot screaming when he gets hit? i keep hearing this feral howl when Pot gets hit by certain attacks, and it definitely seems to be coming from Pot... but i have no idea what it is.

Thanks for the help guys. =) After watching some more, I can now safely say that counterhit FDB is almost completely nerfed. No wall bounce even, it just knocks them all the way across the screen. With all the other crap he's got, though, i am sure we'd gladly accept that. =) Also, can Faust crouch under 6H? Sure looks like it in vids...if so, this could be a particularly tough matchup for Pote. He already seems to have a hard enough time dealing with Faust's zoning, but maybe I'm missing something. You can combo into air Pot Buster - I saw someone perform 6P, j.P->j.K->APB. Better versions should be possible, I figure. Also, it seems to leave you closer than the normal Pot Buster. Here's something nobody's brought up yet: He can combo after throw FRC with 2H -> Heat or HPB...at midscreen. Wasn't this corner-only in Slash? It also seems like you may be able to pull off 5S->2S->Heat and other offshoots. And for one final tidbit, here's a juicy combo from 6K: 6K -> 2H -> Giganter -> Bullet, 2S -> Heat. The full super just barely connects on Testament, so I'm not sure how that would translate to other characters. Maybe on heavyweights, you could even land 2H -> Giganter after a launch...

You can combo into air Pot Buster - I saw someone perform 6P, j.P->j.K->APB. Better versions should be possible, I figure. Also, it seems to leave you closer than the normal Pot Buster.

It's been metioned before, but you can't cancel into APB from any air attacks. You have to link into it, most likely by JCing j.K (sort of an aerial TK).

shinquickman: Actually i didn't realize that. Thanks! Here's something pretty neat from one of the new vids posted today...5K -> 2S -> 2H -> instant Hammerfall Break, j.P -> j.K -> JC, air Pot Buster. Not sure if that's actually a legit combo, but it sure looked damn cool. =P

For those with access to AC who want to try things, I've been wondering a bunch of stuff: - Can you do PB FRC instant air PB? Will it reach? For being unburstable, is doing PB, air PB, air PB worth the damage and meter? - Does air PB grab standing people, or airborne only? (Probably only air, but nobody's answered it yet.) - Does air PB reach and combo after F+P jc, or after 2H instant HF/break, or do you *have* to do j.P->j.K jc first? - What happens if you OTG with Giganter after Slide Head? Do they pop up and get hit by the Bullet/can they tech/can you 6H? How about OTG with Megafist - does the hitstun work so you can combo off it? - It looks like air PB puts them closer to you then ground PB - if so, can you hit with 2P/5P/2D after, even if it's OTG? - If they airblock j.PPPPP can you do j.K jc air PB and grab them out of blockstun, or will it miss? - Can you do PB FRC Giganter midstage, or will it not reach? - Does air PB grab bursts, or not? (Also never answered...) I think that's it for now. :^) Mike Z

You can't combo anything from air PB i think. Comboing air PB straight from 6P should work. 2H -> hammerfall i dunno about. About the only thing that reaches the enemy after pot buster FRC is 2S, as they are already kinda far away and low to the ground by that point. air PB should grab bursts, dunno though. can't answer the rest of your questions. =/ Hope this helps some!