Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Henaki

ACCENT CORE General Discussion

I was thinking about it, Cyringohn... most of times when you do a setup for pot buster and the enemy escapes, he jump or do a backdash. In case of a jump, you can fool the enemy and do an APB, that will be some "WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?!?! FUCKING AIR THROW!!!" LOL And I hope FAB dont leave his setups behind because of the Slide Head stuff... His setups are the best ever o.Ô

I was thinking about it, Cyringohn... most of times when you do a setup for pot buster and the enemy escapes, he jump or do a backdash. In case of a jump, you can fool the enemy and do an APB, that will be some "WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?!?! FUCKING AIR THROW!!!" LOL

Got a friend who screams "THROWS ARE SO FUCKIN' CHEAP!" every time he gets nailed with a Pot Bust. It's so hilarious.

The funniest Pot Bust set-up has to be the okizeme where you sit there and do nothing, they 'block', then you just grab them. Priceless.

Man, that's the most important setup HAHAHAHAHA In the end of a fight, the tension of the players because both lifes are in the end, you do a 2D, wait, and PB! HEHEHEHE that's FABulous. That's gotta be still valid in AC! It's my main weapon! :(

Is it possible for example: earthquake, 5K, 2S, 2HS Hammerbreak, jump j.P j.K Air Buster? and can you cancel air pote buster? Since people talk about setups, here is my favorite potebuster setup: JS/JHS, 2k, Potebuster, Strange never saw this setup in match video's When i play against people i dont know (sometime whe organize little tournements) You can abuse this setup, because they are used to other setups, thinking your going to presure combo them 2k, D, or Mfist etc.They always reply with WTF can you grab me at that distance....! believe me its a big distance between 2k then PB. Cant wait for the ps2 version!

2K c.5S is also a good one, as Potemkin's c.5S ends fairly quickly, letting you simply throw in a Pot Bust. Also enjoy doing Air Dust immediately after leaving the ground, as it works as a bastardized 'instant overhead' with very little block stun, allowing for a good Pot Bust.

But is it possible for example: earthquake, 5K, 2S, 2HS Hammerbreak, jump j.P j.K Air Buster? or is the combo only possible without the earthquake? and can you cancel air pote buster? Did you posted those match play videos of yours Gwyrgyn Blood, if so where....link

Im to lazy to click the links, so sue me or something. But wait so potemkin buster IS faster? Or not im confused... If it is faster, I dont remember who it was sorry, but way back durning gamecombos days I remember someone posting some hella ghetto set up like... Poke string, to freeze super, then potemkin buster hits before the freeze acctauly touchs them. If its faster maybe that would acctualy be a bit easier eh?

Slidehead, 5s, 2s, 2h HF/Break j.p j.k APB doesn't work on light chars, does work on Pot etc but is hard. Easier to do 2h FRC sj.APB. PB FRC 2s 2h HF/Break works on ABA, hella hard though. Knockdown, Giganter from far away HF/Break buster before mirror reaches them seems easier, but is still pretty impractical... Mike Z

That setup with 2K I use a lot, but on a wake up. For example, you do a PB, than a super jump with j.S almost getting on the ground, than a "fake" 2K (that doesn't hit, so the enemy will wake up blocking) then pot buster. It's really good if well done! I've seen that combo tigerfist said in a combo video, I believe it's the tougeki's first exibition combo video or something like that. Kinda hard to be done, though.

Well thanx Mike Z thats all i wanted to know, to bad it won't work on all characters, would have been a goog setup though. Yeah fake (2)k seems a good setup for potebuster, sadly for me it doesnt work no more, well if i fight aiganst those who know my style. They tend to "flee" at every cost or just super me on wake up or another great wakeup move.

Tiger, what that happens, I try to guess the enemy's next move. For example: you do a fake 2K, than you can alternate to a 6HS, in case of the enemy try a backdash, or Heat, if he jumps. Those variations can be killer (to both sides -_-).

You got that right when you say: Those variations can be killer (to both sides -_-). it's a 50/50 chance. Trying to ques will bring you only to a certain point, when you quessed wrong then youre screwed, since some of the setups dont work for me most of the time. I tend to master Instant block then PB, backdash PB, or retaliate with PB when someone makes a mistake. But yet again if you play against people you dont know then all the above setups will work fine, atleast i think so. What i heard of potebuster in accentcore, its faster now perhaps better opportunity's for setups to PB without the opponent escaping so easy as in the other guilty series. Hope as fast like in Alpha 3 with zangief piledriver setups....

Yeah, whiffing attacks as okizeme is another good strategy for throwing game. Used that a lot as Hugo in Street Fighter: Third Strike. Whiff a double palm slap, then go into a Moon Somersault.

IB potbuster is something beoynd my reach, hehe. It's really hard to apply it in real combat, at least for me. But it's important to master it, it's a good (and beautifull) thing to use. I've come to another conclusion after reading a little about Pot in AC: His Hammerfall Break now is faster, about 3 frames faster if I'm not mistaken, so Hammerfall Break - Pot Buster must be kickin' ass now. Can't wait to see some FAB vids! Another thing: Does 6HS still have a FRC? If so, that's one more setup for us ther. Think about it: Pot's new source of damage is Slide Head, 5K, 2s, Heat, right? So, if you do this, than on the enemy wake up you do a 6HS - Slide Head, and repeat the scene... on the next time you can get closer to the enemy's waking up and do a 6HS FRC. He'll probably wake up blocking waiting for a 6HS to come, so you FRC it and Pot Buster! Good to use one or two times by fight.

6HS a FRC... . Why should you waste tension on 6HS except for PB? Or did you ment only FRC for PB? You can do without FRC, You can cancel 6HS into hammerfall, FRC, 2HS, HPB (corner), You have to practise it though 6HS, hammerfall. But it will reward your efforts, very effective thanx to Gwyrgyn Blood. A nice setup for slidehead wich most of the time works very well: (JS), P, K, S, (HS), slidehead. Unless they perfect guard it wich doesnt happens alot. IB is a pain to master so practise, practise, see it as parry in third strike....

Im to lazy to click the links' date=' so sue me or something. But wait so potemkin buster IS faster? Or not im confused... If it is faster, I dont remember who it was sorry, but way back durning gamecombos days I remember someone posting some hella ghetto set up like... Poke string, to freeze super, then potemkin buster hits before the freeze acctauly touchs them. If its faster maybe that would acctualy be a bit easier eh?[/quote']

Where did you see that? I recall that the Mook was wrong for #Reload, it suggest PB had 4F start, however it only had 3F. I did some testing to discover that a while back. So assuming the Mook is now correct in saying it has 3F startup, it wouldn't have changed at all from #R days.

Tiger, I was saying that 6HS can be FRC to fool the enemy, so you can do a PB, and that's it hehe. I think there's no use to 6HS besides that. The same for 2HS, the FORGOTTEN FRC lol. Don't know about AC, tough.