Sign in to follow this  
Henaki

ACCENT CORE General Discussion

ok nice i appreciate the feedback. got to play for a bit last night and that 4-6-4 motion with my HF helped me a good bit, atleast i could notice a small difference.. even in my already HF spammy play style. got alotta practice IBing, but i didn't get ballsy enough throw out some SB's. i must say, PO's dead angle attack is retarded on counterhit with that wall bounce.

i have another quick question though: as a nasty air combo and usually to finish the round (and assuming i go for an overhead) i like to 6k-2h-HFbreak-j.p-j.k-APB. last night though, i was playing a sick eddie and a sick testament and when i would go for ^ i kept black beating it or missing the j.p on the eddie but nailing it everytime gold beat on the testament. what would be the correct way to gold beat that combo or make sure my j.p always hit against eddie? any wierd superjumps or one of those 2h-HFbreak-tkAPB deals? i just did the same thing like 4 times, missed the first, then black beat the other 3. i stopped doing it after that and just switched to 6k-2h-Heat cuase it was pissing me off.. help please!

Yea u missed it 6K>2HS>tKAPB works on everyone. Remember to break as fast as possible. thats where the combo is beat or not beat at.

it works on eddie, i'm just guessing u missed it. but on eddie, if u can manage it, u can go straing from 2H into HFB > tkAPB

haha truth, but if u got the tension do 6K>2HS>gigantor plus follow up>combo/wake up shenanigians.

Charge partitioning ppl

when u do your HF's Back>Forward>back>HS.

So u can do HYPE shit like K>S>HF>FRC>HF>Break>??????>Profit

thats a charge buffer not a partition!

but yeah you should always do that :)

aaand dead thread again :keke: any tips on johnny? my buddy 10stars was wooping me the other night, but i was also falling for alotta his gimmicks. and walking right into his wakeup specials (SRSLY WTF DID IT LIKE 10 TIMES :FACEPALM: ) anyways. anything safe to do as oki when he's got special? besides maybe like, 5p (blockspecial). if i do an early 5p will it recover before the special comes out?

aaand dead thread again :keke: any tips on johnny? my buddy 10stars was wooping me the other night, but i was also falling for alotta his gimmicks. and walking right into his wakeup specials (SRSLY WTF DID IT LIKE 10 TIMES :FACEPALM: ) anyways. anything safe to do as oki when he's got special? besides maybe like, 5p (blockspecial). if i do an early 5p will it recover before the special comes out?

lolz, na when he has special u gotta respect that. Your best options are pre get up stuff to bait , or jumpin cross-ups.

5k seems to have alot of active frames and stuffs out wakeups

yea 5k is mad good, cept against anything invincible on first frame and throws(when too close).

safe jump, if jump and do a move that hits as hes getting up, but recovers before his super goes active, you can block reversal super. after heat knuckle you have enough time to safejump slash very easily. you can also do ambiguous superjump mixups too.

From my experiences with Johnny, you really have to watch out for his corner pressure. I have a couple of replays from #R that show a good amount of what he can do if you want them. As far as what to do as oki when he has special, try faking him out. Backdash + Perf guard if you think he's going to do his overdrive, follow up with a slidehead into K, 2S, Heat Knuckle. I guess the most important thing to remember when fighting johnny is to not fall for his golden shower (whatever that move where he can throw down a gold fire thing when leaping in the air) by blocking low. That is high guard ONLY! I can't tell you how many times I get pooned by that on oki or when he's playing keepaway by staying in the air all day (and me without tension to HPB him >:| ). Overall you just have to play mind games with him and play the "time my hammerfall" or "time the slidehead" game. Don't be afraid to rushdown if you force him into any defensive situations, and a well timed PB can turn the tide in your favor very rapidly.

My only experience isn't online reload. I was offering replays to help gauge what a good Johnny player can do. It's not the best, but it's something that's easily transferable (it's like an 8K file) and can show some of Johnny's combos. I found out yesterday when playing around with Johnny in AC that the golden aerial thing doesn't overtake low block anymore. Other than that I didn't notice too many changes to his staple combos aside from the addition of dead angle attacks.

I was checking the frame data, and did the air pot buster never prorate dizzy? I assumed it did half because the other pot busters did.

ok, i was just wondering if anyone got this strangs feeling of the fact that most of their matches only last for somewhere around 3, maybe 4, combos? or is this some weird thing that only happens to me? on another random note, i need some help with my friends Jam. i can pretty much stuff anything he tries to do to me OTG, but he always seems to get me with a low airdash. i heep trying to get a 6P in there but no matter waht i seem to just eat whatever it is he does. i even tried some HF, but to no avail. any advice on low dashers in general would be helpful. and to indulge by random need for lolcat, KThxBai:kitty: ~12uby

does anybody else experience the random slide head missing when you dizzy somebody? Make's no sense.

when / where are you doing it? rarely happens to me, but i'm not getting dizzies that much anymore ;( plus if you're close enough to do it right ontop of them there's soo much better options instead (personally i love to flick-pb or flick-hf-frc)

when / where are you doing it? rarely happens to me, but i'm not getting dizzies that much anymore ;( plus if you're close enough to do it right ontop of them there's soo much better options instead (personally i love to flick-pb or flick-hf-frc)

I 6H'd a Sol to the other end of the stage, and when I realised that I wasn't going to get close enough, I just figured I'd SH > HFB > stuff. I do the slidehead, and nothing happens. Sol just sits there holding his head.

i know nobody posts here anymore but i have a question :

Can slidehead not knockdown the opponent if he is standing? what i mean is i'm practicing against a May right now, and i found out that if i 5HS > Slidehead (slidehead not hitting May physically but hitting the ground) slidehead does absolutely nothing....

is that normal? i'm playing AC+ on ps2.

thanks in advance if anyone sees this :P

just tested it and ye, it seems like the end part of her reeling animation is somewhow invulnerable to slidehead since it does work with longer/shorter hitstun attacks. Prob just one of those many, many guilty gear quirks :vbang:

how to do 6K > hammerfall

i've seen fab do it

It is similar to the way slayer does his 5K into Mappa. Except Slayer does it because he can not special cancel his 5K. So he jump cancels his 5K, then special cancels the jump start up into Mappa.

So for Potemkin, you do 6K, 4 (hold) 9HS. Don't rush it.

For Potemkin he can special cancel his 6K but, he can not delay the special cancel. He needs that extra time to charge hammerfall, so a delayed special cancel is needed. But as mentioned earlier, he can't delay it. So instead he jump cancels his 6K, then cancel the jump start up into hammer fall when fully charge.

Sign in to follow this