Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Henaki

ACCENT CORE General Discussion

POscrub - Thank you! Most of the actual combos are pretty obvious, but the notes are helpful.

14 - I land that combo on Dizzy sometimes. :^P

17 - You can do it in the corner on a few people...midstage is probably out though.

Mike Z

Thanks POscrub. The notes were mos def what I was looking for. Thanx again bro!!! I dont mind working hard on execution , but any help is gladly taken. Also Thanks Mike for your help and offering.

Hmm. POScrub (or raekwon), any advice on PC FRC 6h? I can do all the APB stuff, but my execution for this is terrible, or I'm not figuring out the trick. :^) PB FRC 6h Giganter 6h Heat stuns Sol (whee, back to #R!), I just can't DO it! I want to be able to stun off any variation of the corner mixup - he's already got 5k and 6k, now I just have to be able to consistently do it off PB. Corner PB FRC back jump APB is easy-ish on May, Faust and Sol, and totally doable on Anji, Axl, and Dizzy. No bursting! Mike Z

Mike Z: Hmm. I'll take a guess. 46: Literally what's on there: Potemkin Buster FRC 6H FRC cancel bear in mind delay 0 double tap. Practice hard, and it maybe it could be a practical combo? Guess at filling in the blanks: Try immediately double tapping HS after the FRC. Yeah, pretty lousy advice, but this sounds like 1F window kinda timing, so use whatever consistency tricks you have to get it out more often. But it's still haaard. Probably a showtime combo only.

POscrub, once again, thank you very much ! You definitely aren't a scrub. :keke: Even as a non-PO player, I really appreciate you taking the time to translate/transcript and share it. I was hoping to see the movie at a friend's I don't know when but really couldn't wait about it, now you bring the transcript and what seems to be a translation of the players notes. Now I can imagine how the combos look like and feel Potemkin's wrath, heh. :psyduck:

Hmm. POScrub (or raekwon), any advice on PC FRC 6h? I can do all the APB stuff, but my execution for this is terrible, or I'm not figuring out the trick. :^) PB FRC 6h Giganter 6h Heat stuns Sol (whee, back to #R!), I just can't DO it! I want to be able to stun off any variation of the corner mixup - he's already got 5k and 6k, now I just have to be able to consistently do it off PB.

Corner PB FRC back jump APB is easy-ish on May, Faust and Sol, and totally doable on Anji, Axl, and Dizzy. No bursting!

Mike Z

I could only do it 3/4 times out of 7 on testy. I frc'd wit k,p,s and slide to hs while holding 6. Kinda like doing the rom infinite in mvc2 lol. Remembering sliding was faster than tapping.

On the Apb stuff(2hs>hf break>APB) is giving me the most probs. Some times I will get it like 4 times in the row then miss it like ten.

Whats the trick here, I've been delaying 2s as much as possible. or Is it my choice of back,neutral, or forward apb? I maybe just missing something.

Are you talking specifically about the timing or APB not coming out at all?

Timing

The opponent is just able to tech.

So really its just any APB after HF>2s>2hs>HF Break>APB

or

PB>2s>2hs>HF break>apb

They can tech before the buster.

Basically 2HS>HF Break>apb combos are giving me trouble.

Also for any character 6k>2hs>HF break>2hs works on you can k>2s>2hs>hf break>2hs too.

151 on axl

PB FRC 6H - Yeah, I got it with a method from another game too; hold 6 and piano PKSH in that order. If you treat it like a 3s super (where you want to press and release each button on its' own frame) you've let go of P by the time you hit H, and it still counts the differently-timed PKS as an FRC. --- PB FRC 6H Giganter 6H Heat Extend is full stun for 75% tension on everyone lower than 70. If you end with 6H HF FRC (2s) Heat you can stun 70's sometimes. Feels like XX/#R days again...only now you can stun off any part of corner mixup - 5k, 6k, or PB. (remember, ~ means kara-throw timing, so H~P is H then quickly P) 2H HF/Break APB - what worked for me was, learn to do 1 6H~P 32147 6D as one continuous motion (figure it's like Dizzy's super or something, ha). Just practice it by itself and make sure the APB comes out every time as fast as you can. Then when you hit with 2H, right as hitstop ends, do this motion and you win. Also practice on Eddie or ABA or anyone that 2H Giganter will hit on the way up, they're easier to APB. Some people (i.e. me before) used to try to do 1H then during hitstop 6H, then P right as hitstop ends, but since hitstop can happen at different times I found it a lot easier just to figure the entire thing was one motion. Mike Z

Some people (i.e. me before) used to try to do 1H then during hitstop 6H, then P right as hitstop ends, but since hitstop can happen at different times I found it a lot easier just to figure the entire thing was one motion.

Mike Z

Iight thats wasup.

I was doing it that way also. Even though I thought I was being consistent is was hitstop that was changing.

Thanx bro , I'm trying it now and already getting better results.

I can't figure out a use for 6K. I see it being used as oki but I can't figure out why.

It's an overhead. It looks like Slidehead startup so it confuses people into blocking low a lot if you do it with the timing for a Slidehead. It's also throw invincible before it hits, which means it baits wakeup throws or Pot Busters. As well, it gatlings into 2H for combos then 2D if it was blocked, which leaves you safe.

It's an overhead. It looks like Slidehead startup so it confuses people into blocking low a lot if you do it with the timing for a Slidehead. It's also throw invincible before it hits, which means it baits wakeup throws or Pot Busters. As well, it gatlings into 2H for combos then 2D if it was blocked, which leaves you safe.

Ah, I knew that people use it to fake a slidehead but I had no idea it was an overhead, thanks for all that info about it, I think it'll help my game a lot.

do you mean the direction of the air PB? because i think that goes the opposite direction from the direction you jumped.

For me it's really hard to do in the corner PB FRC 6HS... I just can't xD BTW I've started doing in midscreen PB FRC Hammerfall FRC f.S 2S Heat. Good damage, and a pretty combo! The problem is the timing, because I play using a ps2 pad, and the combo have to be done using negative edge. So I just cancel PB with P, K and HS, then I hold P and K and release a ]6HS[. It works most of the times, but as it costs you 50% of tension maybe it's not worth it, as you can do basically the same damage for a normal PB FRC f.S 2S Heat on Slayer for example. But it's always good to know one or two different combos, right? ;)

For me it's really hard to do in the corner PB FRC 6HS... I just can't xD

BTW I've started doing in midscreen PB FRC Hammerfall FRC f.S 2S Heat.

that doesnt beat does it bro? It's a one frame tech I think tho. 2s after HF frc does against everyone tho.

How can I lead into PB? I sometimes do 236P, 632146P, but that's stupid because 236P is -4 on block. Hammerfall, PB suffers the same problem. I notice that many command throws can't be canceled into from certai[finput][/finput]ll normals, but 5P, PB seems to work fine. Should I use this? I really want to get offensive with PB, but the more I play and the better my opponent gets, the more defensive I have to be, and the more I lose control of the match. It seems that I just have to rely on PBing in gaps or as a punish, but I'd really like to learn to play more aggressively with Potemkin. How should I get in, and then how should I put my opponent in a guessing game so I can PB him/her?

How can I lead into PB? I sometimes do 236P, 632146P, but that's stupid because 236P is -4 on block. Hammerfall, PB suffers the same problem. I notice that many command throws can't be canceled into from certai[finput][/finput]ll normals, but 5P, PB seems to work fine. Should I use this? I really want to get offensive with PB, but the more I play and the better my opponent gets, the more defensive I have to be, and the more I lose control of the match. It seems that I just have to rely on PBing in gaps or as a punish, but I'd really like to learn to play more aggressively with Potemkin. How should I get in, and then how should I put my opponent in a guessing game so I can PB him/her?

If you cancel the Hammerfall to a Hammerfall Break you can PB, lots of people block if they see HF coming so they just stand there. It's a bit tricky to get the timing down but once you do it's awesome to get them off.

My favorite personally is backdash buster but it's not exactly aggressive.

If you are 5P, bustering you actually have to wait a little because if you do the buster too soon it will whiff. Not too long, but you can't do it instantly basically. 5P doesn't actually cancel into buster, it just has such a short active time it looks like it does. Basically, any quick moves can be used in place of 5P as well, lots of players expect to be thrown after a 5P though.

I love to use hammerfall break, PB. i.eg j.S, 5S, 5S, HFB, PB. If you guess they are going to escape, finish HF, HFB heat or continue string. 5K, PB c.S whiff PB (not that good against people that try to throw alot on wake up though) Also you can try some shenanigans ^^

For me it's really hard to do in the corner PB FRC 6HS... I just can't xD

BTW I've started doing in midscreen PB FRC Hammerfall FRC f.S 2S Heat. Good damage, and a pretty combo! The problem is the timing, because I play using a ps2 pad, and the combo have to be done using negative edge. So I just cancel PB with P, K and HS, then I hold P and K and release a ]6HS[. It works most of the times, but as it costs you 50% of tension maybe it's not worth it, as you can do basically the same damage for a normal PB FRC f.S 2S Heat on Slayer for example. But it's always good to know one or two different combos, right? ;)

i just do pb hold 4 and cancel with 6 p+k+hs and a hammerfall comes out instantly

IMO PB FRC HF FRC combo should be used when u have like 75% tension and want to go for a midscreen air PB combo, which can most probably put your opponent to the corner. PB FRC, HF FRC, j.S, j.P, j.K, JC air PB (if you are in corner and still has 25% tension, c.S, air PB) Then again, is it worth it to blow 100% tension on the above combo?