Sign in to follow this  
Henaki

ACCENT CORE General Discussion

In this question I meant in Accent Core, just to clear things up.

What a coincidence, my answers are for Accent Core too! :^) Isn't it lucky they match?

If you get hit out of "sliding" state, the character acts exactly as if they have been hit out of the air. If you want to test if something is techable after sliding and you don't have AC, try hitting someone out of the air with it in Slash.

2k->2s is techable.

6h xx Slidehead is backdashable even without IB, unless they FD'd.

Mike Z

To be more specific, you have to use a move with the 'Level 6' guard stun type. Also they can just IB and escape your setup for big punish too, so you still have to be careful with it.

So, technically, you could use 6HS?

That'd be a horrible idea, but anyway.

So, technically, you could use 6HS?

That'd be a horrible idea, but anyway.

i think you can still reversal backdash out of 6HS slidehead, im not sure if you need to ib it or not.

oh wow beaten but whatever, its bound to fuck them up sometimes. but you can technically mix up with 6HS frc and if they attempt to ib it you can pot buster basically since they'll fuck it up there's all sorts of dumb stuff like that now. pot is hella good now.

"Also, is it possible to do after SH a 2K, 2S, Heat? I've seen in some vids Pots that did SH, then Hammerfall Break, but didn't got close enough to the enemy to do a 5K, 2S. So assuming that the 2K range is bigger, than it would be more safe to hit than 5K in these ocasions. My question is: can the enemy tech between 2K and 2S after SH?"

In this question I meant in Accent Core, just to clear things up. \o\

do you mean K, not 2k? that might be why you think that would work but it actually doesn't.

i think you can still reversal backdash out of 6HS slidehead, im not sure if you need to ib it or not.

oh wow beaten but whatever, its bound to fuck them up sometimes. but you can technically mix up with 6HS frc and if they attempt to ib it you can pot buster basically since they'll fuck it up there's all sorts of dumb stuff like that now. pot is hella good now.

That, and 6HS counts as Potemkin's hitbox [and is vulnerable to moves like Volcanic Viper], while Giganter is not.

Hahaha, most people are a bit too afraid to Instant Block 6HS. S'not a move you want to get hit by.

Henak, I meant 2K because it has a bigger range tnah 5K, so it would be easier to link it with 2S. But it seems it's techable, so, no way. Another thing... I've seen some strang stuff in some matches... Potemkin uses Slide Head, Hits the enemy, then the enemy does a strange fucking fast wake up. What's that? It happened twice in a match that I played yesterday against Dizzy.

If you hit with SH when they're airborne, well first of all it's techable (nobody really techs), but more importantly it randomly(?) causes way shorter sliding. Mike Z

Humm what do you mean by airborne? *badass english comes to scene ^^"*

If the enemy was in the air when you hit them with Slide Head, it would explain the wake-up that occurred.

Another thing guys, I didn't see a single APB in AC matches so far... does this mean that the move isn't safe, or isn't necessary, or hard to be applied?

The actual body SH hit, not the earthquake. Air PB is very useful, it was in early matches, I think they kind of gave up because (except for situations which deserve recording!) the meter from Heat is too good to pass up. Like I said, it makes me sad because advanced combos are passed up in favor of 2s->Heat or Giganter loop. Mike Z

Of course it only works from close :^) but if you are, then 2h Giganter DOESN'T work on: Bridget, May, Baiken, Faust. Never tried on Anji, Dizzy, Venom, Jam, or Millia, but it works on everyone else. I'll check tonight, but I'd guess it would work on Anji, Jam, and Venom. Ky/RK/Eddie/ABA get hit on the way up which makes the followup combos different, but it also means you can do it from much further away. Mike Z

6k->2h only. And specials...cancelling to Slide Head ftw. 2h Giganter works on Anji and Venom, fails on Millia/Dizzy/Jam/Ino. It hits Venom on the way up, as well. As a side note: If you do Heat, you normally need to wait a while to do the Giganter for the loop, otherwise it hits them OTG and does nothing. Well, it turns out you CANNOT hit Ino off the ground with Giganter, ever, so you can do it the moment the Heat is over, and you can't possibly mis-time the loop on her. Whee! Also, many people who get hit off the ground by Giganter don't if you do it after a sweep, like Axl, so you can start the loop off that by doing it early then walking back into SH. Mike Z

Yeah, you can jumpcancel 6k, but that went without saying. Also, 2H->Giganter works on Jam but only directly in the corner. Mike Z

Potemkin can now reflect Overdrive Supers again in AC using FDB. Also I have a few questions: 1.) What are the new possible guaranteed follow-up combos after a CH j.S and CH FDB? Since both moves now have differently new results afterwards on CH. 2.) What are some of his Giganter setups? (if I'm hearing this correctly it's something related to the Slide Head move) 3.) How do you do the Giganter Loop? (again, I hope I'm making myself clear here) 4.) Does the SLASH 6P/CH 6P combos still work in AC? * 6P -> Air Combo * CH 6P (JC) -> j.H -> 6P -> Heat/HPB * 6P / CH 6P -> Giganter Build Also some changes on Potemkin's frame data: 6P = (Startup) 11F -> 13F f.S = (Startup) 13F -> 12F 6K = (SD) "-3" -> "-4" 6H = (SD) "-16" -> "-11" j.K = (Startup) 10F -> 9F Air Throw (Range) 130 Pixels -> 104 Pixels Megafist Forward (Startup) 22F -> 25F Megafist Backward (Startup) 21F -> 25F Slide Head (Startup) 25F -> 22F Potemkin Buster (Startup) 4F -> 3F

2.) What are some of his Giganter setups? (if I'm hearing this correctly it's something related to the Slide Head move)

As an okizeme, throw out a Giganter. With it being a Level 6 attack that doesn't use Potemkin's hitbox, it provides a perfectly safe way of applying a lot of blockstun. Once the opponent stands up, do a Slide Head. The opponent will be unable to move before block stun is over, guaranteeing a free OTG Slide Head combo that should end with Heat Knuckle. The ridiculous amount of tension that you'll gain from the 5K 2S 623HS will allow you to repeat the process one or two more times.

Sign in to follow this