Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Henaki

ACCENT CORE General Discussion

Some few more Potemkin AC info: -It seems like the travelling distance of Hammer Fall has gotten shorter in terms of its range. Apparently no more ghetto dashing on okizeme while in mid-screen to get near to your opponent. Any info/news about his "super jump"? Still the same jump height/travelling distance? @Cyringohn: Hey thanks for the info. Hopefully Potemkin can still be played like he was in Slash to some extent at the very least. I don't like the idea of his new gameplay heavily revolving on the Slide Head/Giganter okizeme tactics. @raekw0n187: Pretty much you can still link 6K into HF. This is coming from the one Potemkin match video that I have seen doing the said link. So I guess that's plausible enough.

Hopefully Potemkin can still be played like he was in Slash to some extent at the very least. I don't like the idea of his new gameplay heavily revolving on the Slide Head/Giganter okizeme tactics.

Unfortunately, the Slide Head/Giganter combination is guaranteed damage against all characters, so it's extremely difficult to pass up.

2S now has a vacuum effect, so it can combo with 2HS. In general, Potemkin has more combo potential.

Potemkin Buster cannot be followed up with a combo without using its FRC.

Potemkin is a bit similar to how he was in Slash, but for the most part, he's decently different. Slide Head/Giganter is a staple now. It feels dirty to do it to an opponent, but having that guaranteed damage feels so delicious.

Basic Potemkin combos: Taken from the Potemkin Wiki ttp://www23.atwiki.jp/potemkin_ac/pages/23.html ============= Combos off 5K: ============= Note: BJP Air buster = Jump back Airbuster (so it travels forward). K2S2HSGiganter Easy to way to remember it is it works on everyone except for Bridget and the female characters (It works on A.B.A. though) 【SO、KY、JO、AB、VE、AX、PO、AN、RO、TE、CH、ED、ZA】 ※It's possible for this combo to fail against FA, so he's left off the list for now. K2S2HSHF break JPJKBJP Air Buster. Works on all of the above listed chars. K2S2HS(HB)BJP Air buster. Works on BA、JA、DI K2S2HS(HB)BHJ Air buster S2HSHeat knuckle. Works on SO、KY、TE、AX、BA、AB、PO、BL、SL、OR、RO ================= Combos off of 6K: ================= 6K2HSGiganter This list is unconfirmed, but it should work on the following characters. 【SO、KY、JO、VE、AX、PO、AN、RO、FA、TE、CH、ED、ZA】 6KHammerfall (FRC)c.S2HSHeat Knuckle Should work on everyone except Millia (unconfirmed). 6KHammerfall (FRC)2HS(Hammerfall break)Air Buster 【 Confirmed to work on everyone, see Ryuu's thread 】 ==================== Combos off anti-air 6P: ==================== In Slash, the standard combo off AA 6P when you had no tension went something like this: 6PJHS6PHeat Knuckle However, because 6P was slowed down in AC, attempting to 6P after the j. HS will result in a black Beat counter. So... 【0% 】6PHeat Knuckle 【25%】6PJPxnJKBJP Air Buster 【50%】6Psomething that goes into Giganter These combos are about right, subject to minor variation. ==================== Combos off Slide Head: ==================== Slide Head 2Kf.S2SHeat Knuckle. JA、MI、DI、BL、JO、KY、RO、AN、BA、IN Slide Head HF breakGiganterWalk a bit S Heat Knuckle If you recently did an RC or something that affects tension gain so you can't do the 【Giganter loop (?)】 (since the Heat won't build back enough meter) Slide Hame HF break 6KGiganter + Bullet 5K 2HS DI、SL(others unconfirmed) (get to this one later) Slide Head sj. SSf.SHeat Knuckle BA、DI、SL Slide Head sj. S6PGiganter FA、BA ==================== Off a CH Judge Gauntlet ==================== Judge Gauntlet (CH)2S Heat Knuckle MA、JA On Jam, when close, it's confirmed it's possible to do f. S Heat Knuckle. Makes you wonder if it's possible with strict timing to do S2SHeat Knuckle? If they float up high enough from the Judge CH, it might be possible to do this on characters with a long horizontal hitbox? This combo seems like it should work on other lightweight characters, but confirmation is required. =================================================== Basic combos off Potbuster FRC plus some character specific stuff: =================================================== Thanks to Abegen (Ed note: For us, it's MikeZ!) for finding the following information. FJC=Forward jump cancel BJC=Back jump cancel VJC=Neutral jump cancel. FJC air buster moves backwards. BJC air buster moves forwards. VJC air buster goes straight up and down. So clearly, BJC Air buster is the best. ■Potemkin Buster (ground)■ 【Midscreen】 Potbuster (FRC)2S xx Heat Knuckle SO、ED、TE ※(Sadly, this is the best that's been found so far for these characters, cuz of their weird falling hitbox. Timestamp: 2007/1/29) 【Midscreen】Potbuster (FRC)f.S2SHeat Knuckle PO、SL、JO、AN、FA、MI、JA、DI、MA、BA、BR 【Midscreen】Potbuster (FRC)2S2HSHeat Knuckle PO、RO(※1)、AB(※1)、KY(※3)、VE(※1/※4)、OR(※3) AX、ZA、CH、IN、MA(※2/※3)、BR(※2/※3) ※1 You need to hit with the 2S as soon as possible (just frame). ※2 You must wait a bit before pressing 2S. ※3 You need to delay cancelling into the 2HS a bit (do it by feel) ※4 You need to wait for the full vacuum effect from the 2S to take place before 2HS can connect. 【Midscreen】Potbuster (FRC) >Hammerfall (FRC)Giganter + follow-up AX (Ed note: Because everyone hates Axl.) If you want the latest in character specific combos off of Potbuster FRC's, please visit Kain's site, Zeep. ZEEP I> 【ttp://zepp.fc2web.com/】 ====== Omake: ====== Supers that Judge Gauntlet can autoguard through: Johnny's "That's My Name" Faust Scalpel Super. Whether this holds true for the Slash version of Judge Gauntlet or not remains to be seen. Weird thing you can flick: Johnny's Mist finer. People who have backdashes that can be caught by Heat Knuckle: SO、OR、IN、VE、DI、ED、CH、JO Air Potbuster apparently has some from of invincibility to air throws (exact amount of invincibility pending further study). So if you suspect someone will attempt an air throw, you can counter with an air Buster. People whose backdashes you can grab with Air buster: SO、OR、IN、VE、DI、ED、CH、JO (ED note: Why does this matter? Well, backdashes have traditionally been the best way to escape from an Angry Potemkin . Used to be sometimes the best thing you could do was 6H them for trying, if you had advantage, you could gatling before they could attempt the BD. Getting hit by an Air PB can lead to some serious damage...I would rank the usefulness of this to be something like aiming for CH 2HS. Don't expect to hit it often, but if you do get it, it may turn the tide or end a match)

CH JG, on anyone you can hit out of the air with 5k, you can do 5k 2s etc. Much easier than 2S, but you can do 2S on pretty much anyone if the CH JG hit an airborne move. Air Buster does indeed have some kind of airthrow invincibility, it's really useful for getting out of tech grabs. There is more, wait a bit. :^) Mike Z

To do a Airbuster, the distance between you and the enemy chara is like the distance (and angle) when you do an airgrab?

From Zepp [ttp://zepp.fc2web.com/combo.htm] Fudged a couple of the notes. Meh, like anyone will ever notice :P. Full credit goes to カヰン, awesome Potemkin player, it's his site and he put it the work to compile the list. I'm just copying out what's on his site. Here's to hoping I didn't make too many mistakes on the notes. Character specific combos: ================================ Follow ups for a midscreen Potbuster FRC: ================================ ・Potemkin Buster FRC >2S>2HS>Heat Knuckle Works on: Ky ・May・Potemkin・Axel・Chipp・Venom・Slayer・I-no・Zappa・Bridget・Robo-Ky ・Order Sol・ABA For most characters, you need to wait before pressing 2S。Bridget and Order Sol you need to wait. May is wait quite a bit 2S>wait, 2HS. Against Potemkin, you need to gatling immediately into the 2HS after the 2S or he'll be able to tech it. Ky, I-no, Robo-Ky, and ABA are easy to land this combo on, no need for explanation。 ・Potemkin Buster FRC>f. S>2S > Heat Knuckle Works on: Millia・Faust・Jam・Anji・Baiken・Johnny・Dizzy(Slayer・May・Potemkin・Bridget) For most, you need to walk forward a bit before pressing f.S。Against Johnny, you need to do the f.S immediately. Against Anji and Millia, you'll get c.S instead, which makes the combo easy. ・Potemkin Buster FRC>2S>Heat Knuckle Works on: Sol・Eddie・Testament Presently, no other follow ups are known for these characters. But it does set-up Pot's wakeup game loop well, so it's ok. ========================== Follow ups off a Midscreen Throw ========================== ・Throw FRC>HS>Heat Knuckle Works on: Sol ・Faust・Slayer ・Throw FRC>2HS>Heat Knuckle Use this combo on Millia This combo can work on Anji, but the timing is too hard for it to be practical。This combo can work on Johnny, but it's not reliable. ・Throw FRC>f.S>2S>Heat Knuckle Works on: Anji・Jam・Johnny・Dizzy ・Throw FRC>2S>2HS>Heat Knuckle Works on: Everyone else =========================== Follow ups off of 5K>2S>2D RC: =========================== Up till now, all the listed gatling have been something into 2HS -> Heat Knuckle. However in some cases, the distance is too far (2HS wont' reach), so you're forced to use 2D instead。Use 2D mainly as a kill combo, or if you want to do that extra bit of damage. ・2S>2HS > Heat Knuckle Eddy・Potemkin・Axl・Chipp・Venom・Testament・Zappa・I-no・Order Sol・ABA ・5K>f.S>2S>Heat Knuckle Ky・Millia・Johnny・Anji・Jam・Bridget・Robo-Ky ・5K>2S>Heat Knuckle Dizzy ・f.S>2S>Heat Knuckle Sol・May・Faust・Baiken・Slayer ===================================== Ground Gatlings into Air Potemkin Buster Combos: ===================================== ・5K>2S>2HS>Hammerfall Break>Back High (super) Jump>Air Potemkin Buster(>c.S>2HS>Heat Knuckle) Jumping back before the Air Potemkin Buster causes Potemkin to jump forward while doing the move, which allows for follow ups. The trick to getting this combo to work is to break the Hammerfall as soon as possible, and during the break, starting with stick at forward, swing the stick a full 360. (ED note: clockwise, assuming you're facing right. This completes the hcb motion for the potbuster, the going from 1 to 7 quickly causes the super jump, and finishing the motion at 6 completes the potbuster motion.) You need to make sure you start the motion exactly at forward, and end it on forward, or you'll fail。If you did it right, you can only barely see Potemkin's jump, before he grabs the opponent with the air buster. ・6K>2HS>Hammerfall break>Back high jump>Air Potemkin Buster(>c.S>2HS>Heat Knuckle) The previous combo starting from an overhead. ・5K>2S>2HS>Hammerfall Break>JP>JK>JC back jump Air Potemkin Buster(>c.S>2HS>Heat Knuckle) Including the JP and JK makes for an easier combo、builds a little more gauge, and covers a little more ground (ED note: get them closer to corner!)。However, this combo will not work on light weights (except Millia and Dizzy)。The damage also suffers (since j. P and K remove a chunk of guard bar, for little damage)。 If the previous combo is too hard, then use this one instead。The trick to doing this combo is to do everything as fast as possible。 ・6K>2HS>Hammerfall Break>JP>JK>JC>back jump air buster(>c.S>2HS>Heat Knuckle) The previous combo starting from an overhead. The listed follow up to the Air buster (c. S ...) is character dependent. See below for details. ※All of the above listed APB combos work on the following: Eddie・Axl・Chipp・Testament・Slayer ※If it's the back high jump (combos 1 and 2), then both the 5K and 6K versions of the combo will work Sol・Ky・Potemkin・Baiken・Anji(6K starter APB follow up is K>2HS>Heat Knuckle)・Venom・Zappa・Bridget・Robo-Ky・Order Sol ※Heat Knuckle finisher will not combo on these characters Millia・Faust・Johnny・Jam ※No follow up exists for 6K>2HS>Back High jump Air potbuster ABA, Dizzy ※Only 6K>2HS >Back High jump Air potbuster can be followed up. May, I-no Even when you land an air buster outside of the above listed combos, this list is still useful for deciding what follow up is appropriate for a given character. For some characters, the above follow-ups work just fine、but against some characters the follow up is difficult, you may wish to use a few j.P's to adjust the positioning of the characters・・・sometimes, you just have to wing it (ad lib). [Ed. note: check this note for accuracy] ・6K>Hammerfall FRC>2S>2HS>Hammerfall Break>Back High jump Air Potemkin Buster>c.S>2HS > Heat Knuckle A fairly useful combo. Works on, Eddie・Axl・Chipp・Testament・Dizzy (need to delay the back high jump Air Potbuster a bit)・Slayer・Zappa(walk a bit c.S). ======================= Follow ups after a Slide Head ======================= ※Far range, reliable followups compilation ・Slide Head>5K>f.S>2S>Heat Knuckle Works on: Ky・Millia・Baiken・Jam・Anji・Johnny・Testament・Dizzy・Bridget・Robo-Ky。 Depending on the character and distance, the beat counter might turn black。You want to get as close as possible before doing the 5K. ・Slide Head>2K>f.S>2S>Heat Knuckle Works on: Ky・Millia・Baiken・Anji・Johnny・Testament・Dizzy・I-no・Bridget・Robo-Ky。 Use this combo for I-no。Again, if you did the 2K from too far away, the beat counter will turn black。 ・Slide Head>JS>c.S>f.S>Heat Knuckle Works on: Sol・Ky・Potemkin・Faust・Baiken・Dizzy・Slayer・Robo-Ky。 For Sol, do c.S -> Heat Knuckle instead。Ky・Potemkin・Baiken・Robo-Ky, you shoul do c.S>2S>Heat Knuckle for slightly more damage。 (※2S lowers the guard bar quite a bit。Does f.S actually lower the guard barmore?) [Ed. Note: no it doesn't. 2S removes 9, f.S removes 7. Both do 36 damage. f.S produces better damage I think]. ================================================= ※Close range・Max damage compilation [Ed note: No tension used] ================================================= ・Slide Head>Jump forward>c.S>2HS>Heat Knuckle After the Heat Knuckle, the opponent will be in range for the actual Slide Head hit。With practice, you can insert a forward jump in between. [Ed. note: Head Knuckle, jump forward, Slide Head again, timed well so that the actual hit misses them, but the earthquake gets them as they wake up. Point blank Slide Head hit allows you to land some stupid good stuff) Works on: Ky・Potemkin・Axl・Baiken・Testament・Dizzy・I-no・Zappa・Bridget・Robo-Ky・Order Sol・ABA This is the best damage you can do with no gauge。People you need to do jump forward against at close range: Eddie・Venom・Chipp。 ・Slide Head>Jump forward>5K>2HS>Heat Knuckle Works on everyone except Millia。Use this on characters that the previous combo doesn't work on。 ・Slide Head>Jump forward>c.S>f.S>2S>Heat Knuckle Works on: Ky・Millia・Potemkin・Jam・Testament・Zappa・Robo-Ky。 Use this combo on Millia。 ・Slide Head>6K>2HS>Heat Knuckle Works on Potemkin・Slayer。 Best damage on people who you can't jump forward against。 By the way、before the Slide Head, you can do 5K>2S>Giganter or FDB, and all the above combos will still apply、 except due to increased gravity from adding the extra hits, sometimes the Heat will not combo. In that case, use K>2S>Giganter>Slide Head >Jump Forward>c.S>2HS>Heat Knuckle, works on people like May and such。 ====================== ※Follow ups that use tension ====================== Basic idea is to hit them with a Giganter and follow it up。Needs to be a relatively close hit with the Slide Head in order for these combos to work、 Mix-up on their wakeup between 6K combos、and point blank Slide Head [Ed note: hit with earthquake? will check this lane later] in order to land the follow-ups listed below。 ・Slide Head>Giganter>2S>2HS>Heat Knuckle Works on: Ky・Zappa・Robo-Ky・ABA。 ・Slide Head>Giganter>Walk a bit c.S>2HS>Heat Knuckle Works on: Potemkin・Order Sol。 ・Slide Head>Giganter>Walk a bit 2HS>Heat Knuckle Works on: Sol・May・Millia・Baiken・Anji・Johnny・Slayer。 ・Slide Head>Giganter (appears)>5K(Giganter hits)>Hammerfall break~ [Ed note: see ~ follow ups below] After the Slide head, the giganter won't hit them while they're down but、5K(2K) will kick them up into the Giganter and you can combo from there。 Everything must be done as quickly as possible in order for this combo to work, so it takes practice. ~2S>2HS>Heat Knuckle Works on: Eddie・Venom。 ~Walk a bit c.S>2HS>Heat Knuckle Works on: Chipp・Axl・Testament・I-no・Bridget。 ~2HS>Heat Knuckle Works on Jam。 ・Slide Head>5HS>Giganter >Bullet~ Use this on Faust。Faust is pretty wide, so you can even land stuff like 5H -> Heat Knuckle on him. However after the bullet, getting the Heat out quickly enough to connect is a problem. ・Slide Head>HS>Giganter>2HS>Heat Knuckle Again, Faust only。Use this if you landed the Slide Head really close to him。 [Ed. note: for example, hit with the earthquake of Slidehead right on top of Faust while he's getting up] ・Slide Head>6K>Giganter>Bullet>5K>2HS>Heat Knuckle Use on: Potemkin・Dizzy・Slayer。This combo is limited by the reach of 5K [Ed note: depends on how they wallbounce]. ・Slide Head>HJS>6P>Giganter>Bullet>Something>Heat Knuckle [Ed note: HJS = high jump S, sj. S] 「Something」 is whatever it takes to combo。Normally 5HS fits the bill nicely。 Works on: Ky・Potemkin・Faust・Baiken・Dizzy・Slayer・Robo-Ky。 Hitting with the Giganter while the opponent is high up allows for a combo。This combo does the most damage for using 50% tension。 However、getting the JS>6P to combo is quite difficult。Probably should avoid using this in tournament play unless you're just that manly. ・Slide Head>2S>2HS>Hammerfall Break>Back super jump Air Potemkin Buster. Omake。 Faust only。25% tension used for half life。 ・Slide Head>c.S>2HS>Hammerfall Break>Neutral or Forward High jump Air Buster Works on Dizzy and other characters like her。Probably works on a fair number of the other characters in the cast, but needs further testing.

Since ive posted about stuff like this before in a thread, say potemkin doing bounce bugs etc to random ass tiger knee combos etc... I think that acctauly might not work beacuse, it seems they may have taken that bounce bug out of the game. That is unless someone else has seen it. Ive seen video of people bursting bounceing moves, and now it seems to count as a OTG burst. So you cant be punished. However thinking of that, does that mean that characters that have OTG only moves like kys lighting bolt, can you do that when the character bounces now if you time it? I would assume its possible to do so with timeing. So maybe something fun with that eh? Light saber RC, downX3 +hs right when they bounce then.. well what happens??????!?!???!?!??!?!?! That is of course unless someone has seen characters like potemkin/slayer/ etc etc still doing bounce bug combos....

~.~updated da op~.~ posted unblockable setup and poscrubs combo posts for better reference, rather than rip them off myself (since they are a) already somewhat ripped off, b) im too lazy to copy paste c) i did not actually post them in the first place d) there is no actual d but i like cheesesteaks a lot they are delicious :)) i like that potemkin has combos now though~

Mike Z version: http://www.zachd.com/magnetro/PotegamanIV.wmv

and

Bebop Version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvS0bt2v_nc

Supreme Potemkin player Mike Z and the ever-tardy Emperor Bebop unite to make two super hot combo babies. Get 'em fresh!

N

PS: Shoutouts to Magnetro for holding the camera, Sanchez for crazy mashing skills, and MikeZ for collaborating with me on this one. Hope you like it, ladies.

I havnt played the game to much but a few observations.... Seems that stick to the ground bug is gone for the floor below you. So I guess counter hit jump s, stick to ground glitch random ideas I had wouldnt work. However they did leave in sticking to the ground for the corner still. So it still might be possible. Also jump dust apperently counts as on the ground closer then other games. Weather or not this makes it easier to get potemkin stuck in unblockable loop bugs I guess is up to interpretation, on how you think about it. Probably easier id think since when id think shrug. Also although air potemkin buster lands like dust, apperently it doesnt get stuck in the unblockable bug loops. Maybe obvious maybe not. also it seems you can FDC jump dust and air potemkin buster. I havnt been able to recreate though(again I didnt test much)but deffintly was happening. I didnt have any first gaurd training mode bugs on ethier, so I would assume it wasnt a training mode bug ethier a real thing. Again not sure how I did it though shruuuuuug.

Anybody know if the upper-body invincibility for the 6K has changed again from Slash? Need something to keep them guessing now that Slide Head is so much more dangerous.

Whee, training mode. You can Slashback air PB, as well as still being able to Slashback Heat. Training dummy won't Slashback Heat, however. Also, after a Slashback, there is a small period of throw invincibility, it seems, because if you cancel your move into a PB it'll whiff. Also, if you RC or JC your air move into an airthrow attempt, unless you wait you just get a j.H. If they air Slashback something, though, a HPB has enough startup that you'll still get them. Mike Z

i remember seeing a glitch video a while ago with HOS FDing the slide head when it's supposed to be unblockable (head doesn't hit), and SBing the Heat. But i can't find the video now. Can anyone upload it?

I've been reading all this new info about Potemkin and have a few general questions. First off, I've been watching a lot Potemkin players in Accent Core, my favorite being 9B and Gin as well as some others and have been noticing "Tick Busters," are no where to be found. In many situations where I see that a Potemkin player should Pot Buster on wakeup, I see a general combo being used instead. For example many times now I see Potemkin players using 5k (I believe 5 represents neutral, please correct me If im wrong) into 2S then into 2D. This combo seems to have replaced the Tick Buster as no one really does the common 5P into Buster anymore. To add to this I've notcied that the Potemkin Buster is now usually used after a backdash or even randomly at some points. I believe his buster is Pot's staple move and I can't see why it is not being used as often. To sum this all up I just want to ask the simple question of why the "Tick Buster," is being neglected and why players have chosen to stray away from the buster and rather focus on his other moves such as Slide Head now. I understand Slide Head is defintley a lot more deadly then in the previous Guilty Gears, but hey I'd still rather settle for a couple easy "Tick Busters," dealing approximitley 134 damage each I believe, even without the new FRC added. :)

Japanese players, in general, favor normal combos to Potemkin Buster set-ups. There are literally no prominent Potemkin players in Japan that revolve their game around Potemkin Buster, for whatever reason. Most of them seem to have a major boner for Slide Head. Sure, Slide Head is severely pimp now, but some of them borderline spam the damn thing. And lose because of it. A lot.

Japanese players, in general, favor normal combos to Potemkin Buster set-ups. There are literally no prominent Potemkin players in Japan that revolve their game around Potemkin Buster, for whatever reason. Most of them seem to have a major boner for Slide Head. Sure, Slide Head is severely pimp now, but some of them borderline spam the damn thing. And lose because of it. A lot.

Your absolutley right with the comment on Slide Head spamming. It gets to the point where I want to stop watching the players because it becomes ridiculous. The spamming and constant reliability on Slide Head I think causes a lot of Potemkin players to play more on the defensive side rather than the offensive side. Thats what I tend to see a lot now, but thankfully you have players like Gin and 9B who tend to mix things up and arent afraid to try new things other then common boring tactics .

Option select! Not sure if this is old news, but I couldn't get it to work with specials not using Dust, and we didn't have any of those last game. Since you can kara-cancel H with D, and now we have Force Breaks with D, you can option-select throw attempt or Judge Gauntlet with QCB+H~D. If they did a throw-invincible move you get JG which will punish accordingly, otherwise you get a throw. Slide Head makes matches pretty boring, yeah. Mike Z

Even FAB, imo the most destructive Pot Player, is using less Pot Buster setups. I guess the pro pot players are opting for combos and something more direct instead of pot busters setup. 2S now is a great weapon for that kind of combos I mean, and the Slide Head stuff is boring but Killer. When I play AC (yeah, fighting for a ps2 -_-) I'll try to use Potemkin's tricks from slash combined to AC's stuff. Top players should be doing that, I just don't understand why they don't do.

Even FAB, imo the most destructive Pot Player, is using less Pot Buster setups. I guess the pro pot players are opting for combos and something more direct instead of pot busters setup. 2S now is a great weapon for that kind of combos I mean, and the Slide Head stuff is boring but Killer. When I play AC (yeah, fighting for a ps2 -_-) I'll try to use Potemkin's tricks from slash combined to AC's stuff. Top players should be doing that, I just don't understand why they don't do.

landing a pot buster is 40% damage, landing a slidehead with more than 50% tension is the match

landing a pot buster is 40% damage, landing a slidehead with more than 50% tension is the match

Hmm... You make a good point there Henaki. The thing is though, what is the real percentage your going to always have 50% tension when landing Slide Head?. Instead of constintley playing mind games with Slide Head isn't a nice Pot Buster a more simple solution? To land that Slide Head is also going to cause you to play more on the defensive side as seen in most of the videos I've watched on Youtube.

Maybe I'm just ignorant or not seeing the full picture, but Potemkin has so many new options to land easy Pot Buster's in AC. He can 2S then do a Hammerfall break and catch them, off a Heat he is litterly inches away from the opponent to set up a "Tick Buster," and that FRC on the Buster set's up Heat and even Heavenly Pot Buster combos. I have to admit though that playing around with Slide Head is fun. Being able to Slide Head then doing Pot's Gigantor Mirror super to pick them off the floor and juggle them makes me laugh :keke: , but it doesn't make me wanna rely on Slide Head as my main source of damage. :mad:

Landing Slide Head pressure strings is guaranteed damage, yes, but that's not reason not to do Potemkin Buster set-ups. If you have two options readily available, which you can mix up with adequate results, why not do it?

If anything, attempting Potemkin Buster set-ups will help make your Slide Head set-ups seem less obvious.