Sign in to follow this  
Henaki

ACCENT CORE General Discussion

Sorry if this has been posted already but it wasn't posted on the front page. 2H frc time is done earlier now. It seems you frc on the hit or a couple of frames right after it. That is all.

Can someone make a quick list of Air Force Break Pote Buster combos I can use? I'm having a hard time figuring out how to put it to use.

K, S, 2S, 2H, Hammerfall, Hammerfall cancel, jump install to P, K, JC, Buster.

That just seems like too much work. I just use Heat after 2H because I'm a lazy bastard.

You can tiger knee the Air Buster right after a CH 6P. But it is your ass if your opponent sees it coming.

I'm finding Pot's unblockable with Giganter as oki hard to apply on Sol. The timing is just too restrict, if you do the Giganter too early you'll hit as OTG, and if you delay it too much Sol will have time to sleep befor backdash it. Also, Order Sol seems to be invulnerable to it, as long as he defends it with IB. Kind of bugging, eh? And I can't do the unblockable on Dizzy or I-no too. Dizzy falls for it sometimes, but she seems just too light. =/

It doesn't work on everybody. If memory serves, I-No and Dizzy will always get OTG'd by it. And if you wait a bit longer, it'll be too late and they can just backdash away.

Glass loop setup is hard to do on a bunch of people. It helps if you learn to do Giganter as hold 6, 32146H, since then you get to take a step or two forward after the Heat. On some people you have to walk forward because the wall won't hit on wakeup if you don't (ABA, Sol, Johnny, all lights because they fly farther from the Heat). On some you have to take a step backward because otherwise if they IB the wall, the Slidehead will actually make contact with their character and can be blocked (Robo, ...?) Ino is generally no trouble, you can actually do it quite early after the Heat and it'll still work. No go on Faust, though...it's best to just go to Training and get a feel for it against various characters. For the most part people fall into the 3 categories (walk fwd, do nothing but do it quick, and walk back), but it's worth it to learn on everyone if you're into that sort of thing. Personally, unless you do it frame-perfectly everybody except ABA can IB and backdash, or IB and just block the Slidehead low, and I've had too many people do it and punish to think it's worthwhile at high levels. Plus it's boring. (^.^) Mike Z

since there's only one AC Pot thread, I guess I'll post it in here...

I uploaded ~2 GB of Pot matches for raekw0n a little while ago, and I thought that since I still have them up, you guys may as well go for it. Just go easy on downloading (1 at a time, please), it's not even my space ^_^;;

http://www.strokethebigtree.com/rtl_s_movies/AC_Potemkin

Bit of a mixed bag of matches from January to June of this year (I think). Lotta "good" players, but also probably some players/matches you may not have seen already.

P.S.: If you really really want to know player info before downloading, just PM me and I can probably figure it out (I still have the matches on my laptop).

--Someone please tell me if this is known already (here or in Japan) or not. It was new to me...-- If you do PB hold 6, FRC, keep holding 6 and at the last second slide the stick and do 3s (smaller slide than 2s), you can do PB FRC 3s 2h Heat on Eddie AND Testament. The tiny walk fwd is all it takes. It's kinda hard on Eddie - not harder than on Bridget - but it's braindead easy on Testament. Even with no Extend, you do more damage than previously with the Extend. Why is this awesome? Eddie: - PB FRC 2s Heat = 189 dmg / 219 with Extend. - PB FRC 3s 2h Heat = 228 dmg / 256 with Extend. The difference is, with just 2s Heat, even if you Extend every time and throw away your wakeup mindgames, you need to do it 3 times to kill Eddie. With 3s 2h, you can do one NO EXTEND (still get wakeup stuff), then do another with Extend and it'll kill him. Testament: - PB FRC 2s Heat = 179 dmg / 207 with Extend. - PB FRC 3s 2h Heat = 215 dmg / 241 with Extend. Again, with 2s Heat, you need 3 combos with the first 2 being Extends to kill him. With 3s 2h, you only need 2 combos if they are both Extends. And like I said before, it's really easy on Testament. Plus, since normally if you do 2s 2h the 2h completely whiffs, this also lets you do 2s 2h HPB on Testament, which is new. :^) IMO this improves both of these matches a lot. Mike Z

Useless but interesting: On Faust, you can OTG after Slidehead with nonstandard things like 2s or 5h (we knew), but you can also use 6h. Midstage, from close, you can do walk up or HF/Break 6h heat etc., which is the most you can do for no tension. In or near corner, you can do 6h Giganter 6h Giganter 6h for full stun. If it comes up, it comes up... Whee double post, Mike Z

--Someone please tell me if this is known already (here or in Japan) or not. It was new to me...--

If you do PB hold 6, FRC, keep holding 6 and at the last second slide the stick and do 3s (smaller slide than 2s), you can do PB FRC 3s 2h Heat on Eddie AND Testament. The tiny walk fwd is all it takes. It's kinda hard on Eddie - not harder than on Bridget - but it's braindead easy on Testament. Even with no Extend, you do more damage than previously with the Extend.

Mike Z

you can do this on order sol too. ^_^ just tried. i did a PB FRC 2S 2h Heat.

-AHDES

Well, you could do it on most people without moving, just not Ed/Te before. :^) Mike Z

Hi...I'm still new here and also new in GG. And I choose to use Potemkin as my character. I'd to ask. If I succesfully hit the opponent with 6P Which one is better? 6P>63236HS Or 6P>j.p>j.k>dj.Air Potemkin Buster Maybe U know a better combo.... Please let me know. THX

After 6p, it depends on how much tension you have and what your plan is - do you want tension, mixup options, or straight damage: - If it's a character you can Heat/Giganter loop, you might want to go with a simple Heat and do that if you can keep yourself from throwing up at the thought of doing it. - If you have no tension and it wasn't a counterhit, Heat is still the best option. If it was a counterhit, you can jump and do a falling H, land 2S(->2H)->Heat. This applies to all situations if you want wakeup options and extra tension. - If you have 25% tension, you can choose between Heat (for getting over 50% tension) or Air Buster combo for decent damage. You can also do a Judge Gauntlet after a CH 6P for um...some stun... - If you are going for damage and you have 50%, in midstage a Giganter (632146H) + Bullet (the followup) into 2s(->2H)->Heat gives good damage, you get back a lot of tension from the Heat, and you get good wakeup options. If you are close to the corner and you have 50%, your best option is combo to fwd-moving Air Buster then 5s(close)->5s(far) Air Buster, which is actually pretty ridiculous damage and still gives you wakeup games. ** Keep in mind that 6p->Giganter combos against jumping chars, but also combos against standing chars (letting you do Slidehead or HF/Break Buster) and is safe on block, meaning you don't have to react very much to how they get hit by the 6p. - If you have more than 50% tension, in midstage after the Giganter either Air Buster or Heavenly Buster are good for damage, but he's had the HPB stuff since forever. In the corner if you're repeating 5s->5s->Air Buster (like on Faust), the 3rd one is worth the tension but the 4th one is not (only 10 damage or something), to me it's better to let him drop after 3 and do wakeup games. Near corner you can you do Giganter+Bullet, 5s->fwd Air Buster and do crazy damage plus be right next to them on wakeup. Edit: Also remember that tradeoff of the tension+knockdown vs. damage also applies to Heat vs. Heat/Extend: You get much more tension for a simple Heat, plus forcing a knockdown, but if you combo into Heat/Extend you get more damage, less tension, and they can usually tech. On chars who take high damage, the Extend may be worth it simply because it hurts a lot (see: Baiken!), or if you are near the corner it's possible to Extend then have them tech and re-Heat. Mike Z

Wow... Thx for the info. It still quite hard for a begginer like me. But I'll practice hard. THX anyway....

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but i landed this on Zappa: PB, FRC 2S, slidehead, *dash*, K, 2S, heat Does 60% or something for 25%. Midscreen. I tried to land this on other characters but i haven't been able to.

12:51 - Even if the Slidehead hits them after the 2s (it's too slow to really combo), if you hit them with Slidehead out of the air or as OTG they can tech immediately, so no followups are possible. Boo. Greedy - If you are having trouble timing the close S, try holding forward after you do the APB and hitting S the moment you see Pot start walking. You have a slight bit of leeway to be able to hit the button before they hit the floor. You could also try using 5p and just learning what the timing is with that, then moving to 5s after you already know. Mike Z

Yesterday Indonesian Guilty gear Community held a match. And I joined it. To fight the overall character, It's not too difficult. Except AXL! This is the character I hate the most! It's fell that my potemkin became a kite u know. Very hard to get close to him. If I use slide head he just do IAD and TOKEK!!! (I don't know the move's name , this is what my ear heard) If I try to press him he'll just run away and do his damned 5P or 2P....etc And he got a counter move. aw...and if I get hit, wow! Combo ! And the damage is really pissed me! In Slash it's not that difficult because his attack is only 1 hit. So I can use hammer fall to attack him. In AC, we can't do it again because axl's attack is 2 hit now. This make me very frustrating! Even if I use Ky fight Axl I still find it difficult. What should I do?

Just jump and FD to get in on Axl, not much if he can do. If he tries to meet you in the air, and he's really close, he's probably just gonna air throw you to counter all the jump ins. Axl is a really average character in every respect, so you basically fuck him up in a mid to close range scenario. If he's IADing your Slide Heads, don't be nearly as predictable with them. Mixup with a 6K here and there and AA him to death. He bites it really fast off a CH 6P. Also, FDB after he sweeps, which completely destroys one of his most important pressure strings. Remember to just walk forward a lot too, you gain a lot of tension from walking as Potemkin, which can be extremely useful if you jump in. Axl also has no way of escaping a properly timed Slide Head on wakeup AFAIK, but he might be able to do crossup move, reversal backdash or reversal jump (I think his ground invul from dust has startup) Axl also has PISS poor damage options from his non-anti-air pokes. Walking forward and blocking a lot will not only give you a lot of tension, but deny him a lot of combo options. Oh and remember, if he EVER jumps, his hittable box during his pokes is HUUUUUUUGE, you can just 6P Heat/Heavenly him to death if he makes a bad move in the air.

Weks...FDB on his hold 4 > 6 S ?? good idea but very hard to do. I'll try but honestly I'm scared to do it. Walking get a lot of tension??? oh...I don't know that! THX. I though it's also very hard to do an okizime on Axl. Axl has something like an uppercut for reversal. And also his super move that really2 hurt! If I block him, my hand still don't reach him for potemkin buster. hmmm....Any ideas ?

his uppercut is only upperbody in slash and ac iirc, so stick to lows that will trade, or block and own him with a pot buster. proper slide head timing will also beat it clean. also, you need to work for space, if he's keeping you out like that, keep working your way in, and throw in a slide head to keeping him scared.

Ok...Thanks for your tip. What I scared about Axl is His Downed Axl Bomber 2P (4)>6 S (4)>6 HS His attack which is always contains 2 hit so I can't hammer fall him. FDBing (4) >6 S Need more and more practice... Do you have a good pressure and the trick using hammerfall(FRC)? Maybe I can get closer to the enemy with this, but still don't know how. And what kind of moves I can do for pressuring. If U have one please let me know. THX Aw one more thing. how to input APB correctly? If I do 9632146D...It's never worked. if I do 632147896D potemkin will jump back not foward.

Sign in to follow this