Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sure, why not, if ky is a king, chipp is the president of USA

It could happen. We've had worse Presidents. *coughcoughgrantandhardingcoughcough*

BTW blade. what do you know about that assissin know as "Volf"? i read it somewhere that he was someone who was working for venom but venom killed Volf because he failled at some assissination attempt.. what was the name of the county where that attempt took place. and who was the persoon that Volf needed to kill but failled doing so? Also.. i think i saw a dojinshi comic with a drawing of Volf on it.. and in that drawing he was caring a pair of guns. could he have been a gunslinger? i hope i can find it somewhere... I"m not sure if he belongs to the guilty gear storyline or some fan make him/her to fit a certain fan based story he/she was making... i read it somewhere on dustloop i think. but that was a very very long time ago... anyway. i hope you can answer my question. if you don"t get it, please say so... :psyduck:

I think Volf was the assassin in "Butterfly and Her Gale", the novel that stars Chipp. if I recall correctly, he was sent to kill Erica, the puppet-president of A Country, but failed 'cause Chipp was there (...or somethin') There's a picture of him in the book; Chipp's lookin' really menacing, and there's a person in the background; pretty sure that's him~

Hmm...from what we know of the regular X2 storylines...which endings there apparently happened to create the AC+ storyline? My theory is actually all of them happening...at once. Another theory: That Man that we currently see/hear is the one from the alternate future. (Made a little Guilty Gear/Fate Stay Night fic somewhere by the way. Sin/Sakura's a pairing.....I'm not saying more. Story needs a lot of work though.)

please my GG fics on the link in my siggy!! don't forget to review it!

Your fanfics are amazing so far. I usually HATE HATE HATE fanfics but yours are quite an interesting read. You did a good job for a 13 year old.

I dunno. Wasn't the picture for the huge Guilty Gear CD soundtrack? I think it's just Ishiwatari fuckin' with the characters and designs, like the girls in Sol's clothing:

Posted Image

Posted Image

After readin' some of these ideas, I want Overture II just so that I can see President Chipp. (Would his Vice be Venom? Hahaha Secretary of State could be Millia oh man)

question: has justice's human form be proven? i believe this could indeed be her human form without a doubt if not...

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h114/Amedo310/ARIA.jpg

I think Catnoir had a diffent view about justice's human form. check her tread for her drawings of her, i think you will like it :keke:

I dunno. Wasn't the picture for the huge Guilty Gear CD soundtrack? I think it's just Ishiwatari fuckin' with the characters and designs, like the girls in Sol's clothing:

Posted Image

Posted Image

After readin' some of these ideas, I want Overture II just so that I can see President Chipp. (Would his Vice be Venom? Hahaha Secretary of State could be Millia oh man)

the picture is from the 2007 artbook of ggxx... where daisuke drew art from accent core plus and slash. come on, the long orange hair is a dead give away. that's justice (maybe after she died or gear human form). what other female is dead in ggxx with long orange hair... also those cd covers are pictures of ino and millia... no one new or no one random...

What do you know about that assassin know as "Volf"?

Not much is really known about Volf except that he wasn't acting alone.

First of all, Tsuyoshi was an undercover IPF (read: International Police Force) agent working under the Assassin's Guild (read: Soshiki) as a mole/spy of sorts till he got found out. It's assumed Venom gave the order or someone further up the chain of command for Tsuyoshi to be removed. But removing Tsuyoshi wasn't the easy part, cleaning up the aftermath would be.

In other words, they had trouble tracking Tsuyoshi down, as he was elusive to begin with, it was during this time he found Chipp and weaned him off narcotics, and took him in as a student.

From what I know, they were training up in the mountains when Volf and a group of his men found Tsuyoshi, Chipp had been sent on an errand for his master when the whole mess went down. I believe nobody was able to successfully "kill" Tsuyoshi without dying themselves, meaning Volf himself was the only surviving witness of the ordeal. It was because of Volf's failure to kill Tsuyoshi that Venom killed him.

Chipp finds a barely-living Tsuyoshi covered in you-know-what and dying, probably from over exhertion. Tsuyoshi doesn't want Chipp to have anything more to do with the Mafia as his dying wish. And that's about all I know (gleaned from BaHG Novel).

Tidbit of info for Johnny Sfondi fans (since I'm bored): Johnny's particular "Iaido" sword style (Iaido = Path of Harmony) is referred to as "Uncho Shihan Jikiden", which is translated as "Cloud Fencing Style" in reference to his Mist Finer and Divine Blade attacks. May likes to copy off his moves when she can of course, but he doesn't give lessons (since his "shows are private"). Johnny seems to know Crow in AC+ story mode, though I'm not 100% sure (translation-wise) but I believe Crow was Johnny's Master's former student and got kicked out for some reason. Little easter egg about Johnny's Iado style is found in his move "Ensenga", "Swallow's Piercing Tooth". Ensenga's Kanji can be pronounced alternately as "Tsubame Gaeshi" "Swallow's Flashing Return" which is a move that a certain Tachibana Ukyo from Samurai Spirits uses...hehe.

I actually want to know more about Johnny's backstory. I'm interested in making my Own "fanfic" about him and the Jellyfish Pirates. . . in video game form.

Most of what I know about Johnny comes from his GGX backstory and a little bit of May's original storyline. Johnny's father had noble ideals and despite this was killed by a Gear. Johnny decided not to live for revenge and instead follow in his father's footsteps and take care of the less fortunate, in this case happens to be the girls of the Jellyfish Pirates. The main crew are these (though there are far more in his care): Janis, Febby, March, April, May, June, July, Augus, Sephy, Octy, Novel, Dizzy, and Leap. In the original Guilty Gear, Johnny was caught and put in prison for his Robin-hood-like antics of stealing and giving to the poor, though he managed to bust out before May could rescue him (which says something of his resourcefulness). He and May would be the first to find the Blacktech and he eventually cuts it in half, making the IPF and Zepp chase after one half while he and May pursue the clues given off by the other half...though not much is said referring to the information stated on the Data Disc they found as it was too damaged for proper use. Johnny's nature is such that he was able to make friends with the likes of Dizzy and Testament (though that relationship is is mostly acquaintance than anything). Testament periodically tests Johnny's ability to protect Dizzy and his friends, though Johnny himself manages fine on his own. In AC+ Johnny is the only one who successfully calms Dizzy down after her reaction to PWAB's Justice-bot, but he has a bad habit of being distracted by women (in this case he tried to recruit Baiken to the Jellyfish), it's unconfirmed but he might have lost track of May's whereabouts since she discovered her Japanese heritage and may have set off on a journey of discovery alongside Anji...though in truth he sets up a search party for her. Alternately, when May catches up with Johnny, she wonders at why he hid the fact she was Japanese to her. In truth he was only trying to protect her, but at the same time he is aware of May's unnatural physical strength (which may have something to do with the Orphanage that was nearly destroyed by the Soshiki at least 10 years prior by Zato-1/Millia in the Night of Knives Arc). Johnny states that it doesn't matter WHAT May is, so much as it matters WHO she is. It's because of this he tests her determination to live by the Jellyfish pirate code. She passes and stays with him.

i was wondering about the backstory of the other guys in GG2. much has been made of just who valentine is and who she's supposedly cloned from (a much dicussed topic over several different threads), but now i'm more wondering about who Dr. Paradigm and Izuna are.

as far as i know, Dr. P is a Gear intellectual who considers himself a dragon (even though Sol thinks otherwise) and is amphibious. He has a fairy helper.

Meanwhile Izuna is a fox youkai who's an exile of some sort.

So anything else on these guys?

Posted Image

It should be noted that there are other "worlds" besides the Guilty Gear "earth". In particular the Underworld which is mentioned in Guilty Gear Judgment, and in particular a place known as the "Backyard" which is supposedly the realm where the discovery of Magic as an energy source originated. It is here THAT MAN placed the Cube, which contains Justice's DNA sequence, a template of sorts for gear construction as weaponry, however, only Justice's own DNA or copies can actually unlock the contents of the Cube...this is why Ky is so desperate to protect both his lover and his son, because she is considered to be a copy of Justice. Valentine manages to manipulate Sin and unlock the cube via his DNA despite the fact he is only half gear (note I say "half" not "quarter-gear" as there is no statement regarding his mother's status as half-gear or full gear). Izuna hails from the Backyard as a Backyard resident, which means he is neither human nor Gear nor a hybrid of any sort. Yokai are spiritual entities (similar to angels and demons in our culture) though it's not known if they are malevolent or benevolent, and in some ways it appears Yokai have a somewhat interesting connection with the Japanese as their cultures are similar and the stories behind most Yokai originate from Japanese, Mongolian, and Chinese mythos. As for Dr. Paradigm, he lives on the island of Ganymede which is considered unknown to the rest of the world but is a haven for lost/autonomous Gears that regained their will after the death of Justice. He is somewhat of an elder there, if only to assist them in living on their basic instincts instead of following their programming given them by humans. Although he classifies himself as a Dragon, it might be more accurate to say he is an artificially-created dragon as he was not naturally born as such but created. To describe this better, Gears are neither human, nor animal, nor magical entity in their totality but a mix of them in some respect. Keep in mind, that Gear development stems from the origin of magic, and therefore to some extent stems from the Backyard (domain of many Yokai). Some appear more human than others, while some do not appear human at all, and some can disguise their inhuman appearance through their abilities (such as Sol's limiter). Dr. Paradigm doesn't share any sort of consideration for humans (not unlike Testament), but he is cognizant of Ky's attempt to reach an understanding with them, which is something he never considered previously, let alone considered the possibility of a human having an intimate relationship with a gear.

Wait, doesn't that rule out the possibility that Valentine is a copy of Justice? The only thing I can think of now would be Aria was used as a template for the creation of Justice. Just like how Valentine is a copy of Aria...as a human, then Justice is a copy of Aria...as a gear. Okay, I'm confusing myself.

Most of what I know about Johnny comes from his GGX backstory and a little bit of May's original storyline.

etc. . .

Thanks for all the info Blade. Is there anywhere else you can point me to for more stuff? :yaaay:

Translated copy of the Guilty Gear Bible maybe?

Wait, doesn't that rule out the possibility that Valentine is a copy of Justice? The only thing I can think of now would be Aria was used as a template for the creation of Justice. Just like how Valentine is a copy of Aria...as a human, then Justice is a copy of Aria...as a gear. Okay, I'm confusing myself.

Read my earlier posts on why I believe that's unconfirmed/unrelated.

@anyone who wants to know: Read your instruction manuals, guys, there's a lot of background info there that you probably missed when you jumped into the game, that and Japanese Wikipedia has a huge article on everyone that is worth the time to run through a translator.

that and Japanese Wikipedia has a huge article on everyone that is worth the time to run through a translator.

first thing i did was check for Sin's mom and this caught my eye

Ishiwatari writes: "whose identity is unknown at this stage, but age is 8 years old, well-educated . . . "

Sin's mom being 8 would certainly fit the time frame for a certain someone, now wouldn't it?

original japanese for those who'd wish to offer a more conclusive translation

木陰の君

ヴァレンタインが「鍵」として狙っている翼の生えた人型ギア。イリュリアの封印の間にて封印状態にされている。

カイの妻でシンの母親。

過去に賞金を懸けられていたようだが、現在は解除されている。また、GEAR細胞がジャスティスのそれと酷似しており、そのためにヴァレンタインに「鍵」として狙われる事となった。Dr.パラダイムはジャスティスのバックアップと考えている。

石渡曰く「現段階では正体は不明だが、年齢は8歳ほど、教養のある真人間である」との事。

source: http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/GUILTY_GEAR_2_OVERTURE

I got something like Dr. Paradigm thinks she's a backup of Justice. (probably true.) Obscured as of now. Approximately eight years old. Cultured or educated... Hmmm....assuming Dizzy was around three years old at the time of X and X2. And assuming X and X2 took place only a few weeks after the first Guilty Gear. Five years after for Overture could mean that Dizzy may be around eight years old as well. Then by educated...doesn't Dizzy have the mental age above twenty? I also heard somewhere that she enjoys reading....