Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Honestly I don't think any character is truly "Gay" unless it's stated as obvious, even someone like Venom. Oh sure, it's implied like HELL...but that's what you call a "writer's mind-fuck" where they mess with your head and cause you to "ship" your pairings.

Hey guys. I'm a girl. I like yaoi. Stop being mean. ;.; [not directed at anyone but the person whose post started this] xD Honestly, I never choose just one possible pairing I like. I like a few different possibilities for each character to be with... Like: SolKy <3 - [umm... yeah... xD] Why? There's too many reasons. Let's not go there. Jam x Ky - I like this as a one sided thing with Jam trying to get Ky's affection in d;aww or lulz ways. Ky x Dizzy - Honestly hadn't really thought about it until it happened so I was kinda WUT when it did. xD But it's adorable and makes sense. Plus they're each my favorite character of their gender. That's just a little blurb. BlazBlue is kind of completely different though so I'm not gonna even go there... >>

I agree with dancel-chan ^^ KyxDizzy is still controversial since most fans of guilty gear hate them. But if you really look into it, you might just see how the pairing fits so well with the story (I'm not saying that SolxKy don't fit). SolxKy is a pairing that will never die out, since to fans (fangirls especially) Ky is vulnerable and Sol has all the manly power and their role in the storyline somewhat implies the possible love-relationship between the two. As much as I love KyxDizzy, I believe that other fans should be respected for their choice in couples (unless they're like total asses, then that's a WHOLE other story). I don't mind SolxKy or some SolxDizzy and KyxJam, since most of my friends are absolutely not KyxDizzy fans. Some people just don't like KyxDizzy cause they think other people look "better together." Well some people like Dancel and myself I guess look at the story more and see who's more likely to end up together, and it turned out our assumptions were correct ^^ I also agree with Neo-kun that some fans hate Ky for no reason but some other hate him for valid reasons as well. Most of my Sol fan friends say that "Ky steals the spotlight from Sol and that his role as a main character is starting to overshadow Sol's" - well it's half true. In the 90's anime/games, the main character was strong, muscular, and uber manly (e.g. Street Fighters, Tekken, King of Fighters have MOSTLY muscular characters) in which Sol fits into this category. Well now in the 21st century, the image of a hero in anime would be the bishounens where Ky fits. Guilty Gear was not too popular until like 2000 - 2002 so when people see a cover of Sol and Ky on the video game, they'd be like "Aww, that blonde boy is sooo cuuute~! he's probably the main character" <---- as stated by one of my Ky fan friends in school. well art of Ky now, does kinda show Ky being more of a bishounen than a macho man. Compared to Sol.... ya, Ky's basically bisho (especially since Ky is 16 in the first Guilty Gear game). Ky's role does get more and more important in every game and Sol's seems to be just the same throughout the series. To most fans I've met, roughly 75% of them say that Ky does steal the spotlight apperance-wise. Then again Sol seems more important once you've got a hold of the entire storyline. Some people just probably don't like Ky for being a goody-goody-two-shoes, and they prefer the badass macho dude with the red headband. But I agree with Neo-kun, that Ky and other characters should have some respect, since we all know that every character in the game is a work of art and must be treated like the Mona Lisa hanging upon the wall (lol my own little art comment). In conclusion of my . . . thoughts . . . well you don't need a conclusion, but Dancel-chan and Neo-kun have wonderful views on the fans and it's nice to see what people think of the characters in Guilty Gear. Then again, every character has their own positive quality, and most people tend to look at the negative ones ^^ Enough of my blabbering and let's get on to a VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION OwO: When does the next Guilty Gear game come out??? :3 P.S. sorry for not being active but i want to say that I love and miss everyone (Dancel-chan and Neo-kun especially, Blade-san as well as many more others)

Enough of my blabbering and let's get on to a VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION OwO:

When does the next Guilty Gear game come out??? :3

Probably two years from now.

I know this is not appropriate here, but...

There REALLY is gonna be a sequel of BlazBlue!!

And Tsubaki Yayoi is gonna be there!!

The Title is: BlazBlue - Continuum Shift

Here's the proof:

Posted Image

Jin Kisaragi no Baka!!

I love you, Jin!!

I'm tempted to draw a JinXTsubaki Fanart, now!! Shimmata!!!

I agree with dancel-chan ^^

I agree with you too with most of your points about macho men of the 90's and Ky's role :)

(especially since Ky is 16 in the first Guilty Gear game).

Err...I think he's at least 22 in the first game. If you base his age from the GGXtra Manga he's 25.

P.S. sorry for not being active but i want to say that I love and miss everyone (Dancel-chan and Neo-kun especially, Blade-san as well as many more others)

I miss you too. Been lonely for a while, losing my fandom...:(

Awww my opinions are ignored lol. xD

But yesh. You guys are cool and I agree with you all... :D

All you have to do is ask me what I think about yours :)

Well KyxDizzy is my fandom, but actually KyxHarem is fun. I actually love it when Jam flirts with Ky and gets ignored, pure fun. One-sided is good. I love torturing characters.

Yes SD. You do. NAO PLZ KTHX. I'm never really that decided with pairings. If it looks good and is somewhat feasible, I'm down for it. xD

I know this is not appropriate here, but...

You're right, it's not. Keep your excitement in the appropriate threads please.

Err...I think he's at least 22 in the first game. If you base his age from the GGXtra Manga he's 25.

That's impossible.

We know that Ky became Commander of the Order when he was 16 years old. The War ended in 2175. And, according to the Drama CD, Ky wasn't yet Commander at the Battle of Rome (2173), he was still just a novice Captain.

So that means that Ky couldn't have been older than 16 in 2173, and was at least 16 in 2175.

The first game is set in 2180, so Ky must have been 21 at the youngest and 23 at the oldest. In GGX, he must be 22-24.

If Ky were 25 in the first game or in GGX, that would make him 18-17 at the Battle of Rome. If he got promoted to Commander at 16, how could he still be a Captain at 18-17?

Personally, I think Ky is 22 in GGX/XX/AC+. Because both Roby-Ky and Johnny refer to him as "kid", because Ky specifically points out that he is just a novice Captain at the Battle of Rome (so it would most likely take him a while to raise in the ranks), and because it seems to me like Ky's original profile in the first game implied that he led the Knights to victory shortly after he became Commander. In any case, he can't be any older than 24.

The manga does state that Ky met Kliff Undersn for the first time "15 years ago", but it doesn't say anywhere that Ky was ten at the time.

I've seen the "Ky met Kliff for the first time when he was 10 years old" line in many fan-made profiles, like Wikipedia and TVTropes, but I've never seen it mentioned anywhere in canon. It's not in the novels, not in the manga, not in the Drama CDs, and not in the official profiles of the games. I think it's just a fan theory that got repeated enough times that fans started believing it as canon.

As for the "is Ky gay or straight" argument, I don't see why he should be either gay or straight. Two words: Kinsey Scale. Human sexuality is much, much more complex than "100% homosexual or 100% heterosexual".

As for the "is Ky gay or straight" argument, I don't see why he should be either gay or straight. Two words: Kinsey Scale. Human sexuality is much, much more complex than "100% homosexual or 100% heterosexual".

Common sense and reason in a Dustloop thread for two days in a row. I should buy a lottery ticket tomorrow.

That's cuz new blood is good blood. /me has no ulterior motives for making the above statement EDIT: Well, shit, I'm not new blood anymore. Ignore the above statement.

Sorry, I forgot to mention this in my reply.

Ky curses sometimes "Shimmatta!"

"Shimmatta" is actually an extremely mild curse, it's not considered vulgar at all. It's the English equivalent of "oh, darn" or something to that effect.

That's impossible.

Whoah. Thanks a lot for clearing his age. Actually, I'm really relieved to find out that he's around 22, 25 is too much so I was worried. Anyway, I admit my mistake for believing the "Ky was 10 when he met Kliff."

Darn it, this has been argued for centuries. Just some closing remarks: EVERYTHING IS CANON IN FANFICTION.

About the "shimmatta," well, I was at the mercy of people who know Japanese.

Play bingo. You'll win more often.

Here's a card.

I won with 3 posts. What do I get?

EDIT: Make that 2. I'm sure there's at least one in this thread that can single-handedly win the game twice over.

Play bingo. You'll win more often.

Here's a card.

"Blade's word is law" is quite possibly my favorite space.

And...

<33333333

I'm in love with you. Please have my lezbo babies.

=D

Is it bad if I second this? xD