Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arent there forums for anime shows as popular as Fate is?

Why degenerate this one meant for its fighting game?

Just so you all know gil being broke has nothing to do with his infinite.

Burst = 2 bar

5k dmg gives you over 2 bars (in that linked vid)

1st inf looks to be light chars only.

Infinite seems damn useful against the female characters for some reason.

Really? But I've seen players do it in the middle of a combo... :psyduck: I thought that it was something to help extend a combo by making your moves have less recovery or something.

Or the Shirou vs. Gil fight.

Gil: LOLOLOLOLOL MONGRELS LOLOLOLOL

Shirou: Shit, what do I do? Oh right, UBW, duh.

Gil: LOLOLOLOL FUCK MY ARM'S OFF.

That fight was so dumb. Hell, Rin chasing Shirou at school was better.

Really? But I've seen players do it in the middle of a combo... :psyduck:

I thought that it was something to help extend a combo by making your moves have less recovery or something.

it ALSO does that

Really? But I've seen players do it in the middle of a combo... :psyduck:

I thought that it was something to help extend a combo by making your moves have less recovery or something.

That would be Reflect cancelling-ish. You can usually do that easily on a special move and cancel into a different move due to the opening created by the reflect guard.

Unless I'm missing something here.

EDIT: Beaten to it.

Okay there's a few things I don't get: WTF is Sakura? Is that a bloody dress or something? Also this. Shiro + ??? = Archer And this. Shiro + ??? = Archer + A Dip in the Holy Grail = Gilgamesh HOLY TIME PARADOX, BATMAN.

Okay there's a few things I don't get:

WTF is Sakura? Is that a bloody dress or something?

Also this.

Shiro + ??? = Archer

And this.

Shiro + ??? = Archer + A Dip in the Holy Grail = Gilgamesh

HOLY TIME PARADOX, BATMAN.

For Sakura, think of her like an evil version of Bayonetta. Instead of clothes as hair...it's...something else.

Shirou and Archer...I'll link you here: (Spoilers for the VN though.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRyxNCJ22I

As for Gilgamesh...: (Spoilers again.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M7nyIY5Vrs&feature=related

Also look at the F/SN section of this: http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8725/typemoonrelations.jpg

Blade, I already directly linked you to the English patch of F/sn. You don't have to buy the original game. Just download the patch and read the text files within. I even linked you to the CGs and sprites in case you want 'em anyway. Can't ask for anything more than that.

farranpoison: The basic system is explained here. You're referring to mana activations. That page is a little inaccurate about defensive activations but the basic idea is there.

Fuyuki-wiki is more accurate when it comes to details about the Servants, but the TM Wikia will give you the basics of the storyline, I guess. Nonetheless, you're better off reading the patch to which I linked you. That way you get the full experience, including the wonderful marine analogies.

I assume you mean a pseudoinfinite, anywho: enough to kill the opponent, so it's effectively an infinite. Can't see Rin actually pulling off a jewelless infinite, and using jewels automatically makes the combo limited in duration. D'ya have a vid?

Also, you have the Luviagelita loop at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KSb7hv5qb8 but I'm sure I've seen it loop _way_ longer than that. Has there been a somewhat recent (last 4 months) discovery, or was the loop I saw not a true combo?

rin infinite = otg punch over and over, it can be seen in lots of recent mikado vids.

as for the luvi combo, read the description. as i said, much longer loops possible (12k damage).

farran: The voices aren't in the original version, ya know. That's the PS2 version. Anywho, the way I described was the completely free and slightly-more-legal-than-torrenting-the-game version of reading F/sn, that's all.

ATG: Wow. I called my friend and told him to test it out, and he burst out laughing after a few minutes. And thanks for the Luvia clarification. Also, lol @ 3:32, Berserker pseudoinfinite.

I know that the voices are in the PS2 version. But there's a patch that allows you to put the PS2 voices in the PC version. It's awesome. :cool: I think the Fate/Unlimited Codes people might be worse than Arc Sys in terms of gameplay mechanic balance is characters are starting to get infinites all over the place. :psyduck:

Can someone tell me where you guys are finding these combos? I mean, the game suggests a few, but that's not what I usually see in vids.

Can someone tell me where you guys are finding these combos? I mean, the game suggests a few, but that's not what I usually see in vids.

matchvids @ nico. "fate unlimited codes" written in english (!) yields the best results. game41 and mikado up matches from time to time. on youtube, "gameacho" has some new capcom historical 2010 tourney casuals as well.

I think the Fate/Unlimited Codes people might be worse than Arc Sys in terms of gameplay mechanic balance is characters are starting to get infinites all over the place. :psyduck:

no, the tier list goes from S to B, with the bulk of the chars in B. that's pretty balanced (hnk balancing, but still, balanced).