Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star-Demon

Star-Demon seeks THE BlazBlue weekly Podcast

My suggestions:

Remove Litchi (When people see her they think of Daisharin and CS1 j.C, that shit depressing)

Add Ragna because everyone thinks he is cool apparently

Add a Radio tower in Tager colors (America loves grapplers)

Look for that Noel picture where she has headphones (niggas love them dumb blondes)

Add Jin ice swords

Replace the BB:CP logo with Hakumens face

Consider using another color (Dark blue is depressing especially with Litchi)

Just add a bunch of tits everywhere (Keeps the viewers watching)

Replace Dreiko with someone that knows English (Foreign ass nigga)

Xie is in japan, he said he didn't feel like he could do it.

Huey is a good idea - I'll ask.

I like Spirit Juice but IDK - He might not be a good fit for the show - too old and salty. :P *Kappa*

What about Severin.

get neo on the show

(also i think i should be okay to do next podcast as well if you need more people)

My suggestions:

Remove Litchi (When people see her they think of Daisharin and CS1 j.C, that shit depressing)

Look for that Noel picture where she has headphones (niggas love them dumb blondes)

Add Jin ice swords

You just wish you had my sexy accent, don't be salty, I shall teach you if you really need it for the ladies or something. :D

Oh and I'm actually not foreign, I'm a dual citizen, been that since 2004~.

Severin: I'm not sure - But I'd be willing to let him on.

SKD: If SKD wants to be on the show, I will let him on the show. He'd be very good for the Izayoi segment in about 8 weeks.

Mynus can't make it, LK is interested - looks like a maybe more than a yes. Huey is down for it.

I'm doing more content work for next's week's episode - if anyone has any serious concerns for the topic of fundamentals post up or PM.

Looking good. I'd like to know what LK was thinking when he said Lizzie vs Mitsuru is "Not so bad."

(Or so I've heard.)

One day I'll come on the show and talk about D mashing fundamentals. Every Lambda and Haku will have to take note.

One day I'll come on the show and talk about D mashing fundamentals. Every Lambda, Noel and Haku will have to take note.

Fixed that 4 ya ;-)

Star I'm interested in being on if you need a Relius rep on one of your episodes. I'll support this now that I've seen it!

A Relius with a been had tournament win? Did you counter pick round two? Yeah man, I'd consider a good relius for the Character episode.

My suggestions:

Add Jin ice swords

REAL ADVICE NIGGA!

I refuse to remove Litchi just because certain people are butthurt about CS1 and have nothing real or positive to say about the character. That's my character, she's the reason I still play this game and find it interesting and challenging.

I will, however, change the character when we get to themed episodes. I want to plan those carefully. I don't expect the same level of nonsense that's attacked other shows since this is BlazBlue LOLFORBABIESKUSOGE, but I refuse to put up with it, if it happens.

There's just no excuse for anyone to not have the level on technical input they want into this, not that this show is a tutorial or a technical reference. It's a discussion show. It doesn't need a committee.

As for Dreiko, forget it - He's proven himself. Anyone can go make their own show or STEP IT UP if they don't like it.

Speaking of the character episodes - There's been efforts to do these by others and have either never materialized or fall short or and up in drama.

I might take on a weekly schedule to get all 20-something characters done. This is a big job, so I need the community to step up and represent this game and their characters in a manner befitting the positive and collaborative nature of the show.

For later, since I'm already up and working on the show:

I'm not sure how to organize this. Depending on availability and time I might just have to wing each episode.

I want to finish all of them by the end of summer. This is a huge task, which may require going off my typical schedule. Perhaps multiple sessions per day?

CHARACTER EPISODES:

Calamity Trigger Era:

Ragna The Bloodedge

Noel Vermillion

Jin Kisaragi

Rachel Alucard

HAKU=MEN

Bang Shishigami

Taokaka

Iron Tager

Litchi Faye Ling

Arakune

Carl Clover

NU-13

Continuum Shift Era:

Tsubaki Yayoi

Hazama

MU-12

Makoto Nanaya

Valkenhayn R. Hellsing

Platinum the Trinity

Relius Clover

Chronophantasma Era:

Izayoi

Azreal

Amane Shiki

Bullet

Still waiting:

Yuuki Terumi

Kagura Mutsuki

I think you could do a couple of characters per episode. It's an hourly show so splitting it in thirds (or halves if 20 minutes is not really enough) should work. Altenratively you could have like a "char discussion corner" segment of the show with a specific structure for the last 20 or so minutes. My only hiccup would be gauging exactly how much time would be sufficient for a character. Maybe do a char-episode first and then take that as the base and divide the other episodes based on how long it took in that one.

I'd just increase the length of the show rather than make multiple ones a day. Making it a half hour longer so as to add the character discussion would be fine I think. You could also make it a surprise who we'll be talking about so as to make the live viewers wonder about it and stick through to the end. There's lots of potential and options. :D

I think you could do a couple of characters per episode. It's an hourly show so splitting it in thirds (or halves if 20 minutes is not really enough) should work. Altenratively you could have like a "char discussion corner" segment of the show with a specific structure for the last 20 or so minutes. My only hiccup would be gauging exactly how much time would be sufficient for a character. Maybe do a char-episode first and then take that as the base and divide the other episodes based on how long it took in that one.

I'd just increase the length of the show rather than make multiple ones a day. Making it a half hour longer so as to add the character discussion would be fine I think. You could also make it a surprise who we'll be talking about so as to make the live viewers wonder about it and stick through to the end. There's lots of potential and options. :D

I'm definitely thinking of extending the length of the show for these, but even if I were to have a triple recording session each week (three chars a week), it means I'm still spending 8 weeks - the whole season - talking about characters, and that means I either have to coordinate a lot of people or have substandard episodes where people don't have as much to say as I want them to.

Taking time to discuss a character at the end of a show may not really do them justice or be informative more than vague or misleading. I'm not sure that would work out.

The surprise character thing kind of puts people on the spot - I like the surprise part of it, but not everyone that comes to the show is going to be prepared outside of a few people in our community - and these people don't seem very into the show right now or have other obligations. If my show was more popular and respected, then maybe. Maybe I need to get past episode 5 or 6 before I consider that.

Then again, taking an entire hour to talk about a single character is really tiring and hard to digest. Maybe I should consider a way to get a mix of guests that can cover 3 characters an episode?

I'm definitely thinking of extending the length of the show for these, but even if I were to have a triple recording session each week (three chars a week), it means I'm still spending 8 weeks - the whole season - talking about characters, and that means I either have to coordinate a lot of people or have substandard episodes where people don't have as much to say as I want them to.

Taking time to discuss a character at the end of a show may not really do them justice or be informative more than vague or misleading. I'm not sure that would work out.

The surprise character thing kind of puts people on the spot - I like the surprise part of it, but not everyone that comes to the show is going to be prepared outside of a few people in our community - and these people don't seem very into the show right now or have other obligations. If my show was more popular and respected, then maybe. Maybe I need to get past episode 5 or 6 before I consider that.

Then again, taking an entire hour to talk about a single character is really tiring and hard to digest. Maybe I should consider a way to get a mix of guests that can cover 3 characters an episode?

You can tell the guest, just keep it secret from the viewers. Tell the guests to not say who it's gonna be in a private message.

As for covering characters, while it's a good thing, I don't think the entire show focusing on it for months on end is a good idea. It'd be the "character show" too much if you did that. I think splashing some variety and different concepts and topics of discussion and keeping it fresh is something you have to do and because of that it's gonna be a struggle to cover all those characters in that period you list. I'd reconsider the need to just get them done by summer and instead put more focus on having a more overal-balanced kind of show.

Some characters are really simple and just get over complicated if you talk about them over a long period of time. A perfect example is Hazama, who honestly just mashes into Houtenjin, does a loop and moves around with chains. Despite having 4 chain cancels Hazama players only use like 2 at best.

If you go down the route of having character episodes you need to make sure your guest actually main the character to avoid misinformation, biases and just a ton of generic talk/general conceptions. An example would be asking Lich (Considered a top player by most) for his opinion on Bang vs Platinum. Why the fuck would he care about a match up that he will probably never play? Not only would his opinion be insanely irrelevant, but it would be bias as hell because he hates Bang.

Finally as for the show in general I think it is a great idea, but you honestly have like zero credibility given your history, you lack the qualities of being a great leader like Hitler, and you really should replace that BBCP logo with Hakumens face and add the Tager radio tower because the layout doesn't pop out enough.

Think of the audience and don't take removing Litchi as personal it's just business! Niggas love them dumb blondes and red heads!

As for covering characters, while it's a good thing, I don't think the entire show focusing on it for months on end is a good idea. It'd be the "character show" too much if you did that. I think splashing some variety and different concepts and topics of discussion and keeping it fresh is something you have to do and because of that it's gonna be a struggle to cover all those characters in that period you list. I'd reconsider the need to just get them done by summer and instead put more focus on having a more overal-balanced kind of show.

To be honest - That might be the case. Like you said, I'd be spending months trying to knock that out and we're not talking about the game more than characters and situations and buttons. Maybe I'll just limit character discussion when it's incidentally brought up in later conversations.

To be honest - That might be the case. Like you said, I'd be spending months trying to knock that out and we're not talking about the game more than characters and situations and buttons. Maybe I'll just limit character discussion when it's incidentally brought up in later conversations.

Yep, character discussion can fit in certain things and can emerge organically, I think limiting too much or having the show be about just one small group of things isn't such a good idea yet. There can be like, a spinoff series once this becomes somewhat large and in that one people can go more in-depth about specific characters if enough people express interest for such a show. We have ages till CP is out anyhow (at leastin the US) and a lot of stuff will be changing with it so there's quite a bit of time to get other topics out of the way in the meantime.