Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star-Demon

Star-Demon seeks THE BlazBlue weekly Podcast

I can't imagine how you would insert humor into a podcast like this. I'd rather have no humor at all than forced jokes. And yeah, Mahvel was only funny because it had some context to it. There really isn't any reason to be telling chicken jokes or making crude humor.

Uhh, I don't think he'd be that much of a distructive influence as you worry about Star though I do understand your reservations. I think we could have a good show with him too cause I don't think any single person has the capacity to just ruin the show. If he were to start trolling or being an idiot for no good reason, he'd be making an ass of himself more than he'd be hurting the show and in the end if you really were unhappy with that one episode we could just scrap it and just say we lost 2 weeks and redo it later.

If people wanna hear from him (and aren't, like, mass-trolling the show >_>) I don't think it'd be a bad idea to let him on, as long as you like, talk with him personally before and make sure you feel comfortable he can do the job.

As for "humor", I think the show is about serious matters and serious matters dusted with humor are neither funny nor informative. We can have humor in-between but it is damaging when inserted in the core themes of the show, at least that's what I think. The show is more driven to be informative than entertaining, though, if you're into BB enough, one would be equal to the other. Humor's not the only form of entertainment. :p

Okay. I'll be a man an admit I was kind of wrong, I've carried on listening and it's quite an entertaining show, lots of info. Humour would be great, but you all have a thing going on that makes it entertaining. Keep going as you do and think up some quality topics and I'm be in there every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just crack a joke or controversial opinion in now and then for spice or something haha

Just crack a joke or controversial opinion in now and then for spice or something haha

We try to do this but not like, at the expense of useful information or at the expense of the clarity of useful information. Humor's just...lower priority, you know. I tried to do a joke with the "never let me go FRKZ" thing, that's about as joke-ish as it can get while still being what it's meant to be.

You can maintain a balance of humour whilst staying very informative. You just have to find a good "spot" to do it in. Humour not only gets a laugh from the audience, it engages them and builds a "relationship" between you and them.

Maybe after every topic you could share opinions? Maybe debate? I'd love to hear what players such as you and LK would have to say regarding specific matters.

But this is just me obviously

You can maintain a balance of humour whilst staying very informative. You just have to find a good "spot" to do it in. Humour not only gets a laugh from the audience, it engages them and builds a "relationship" between you and them.

Maybe after every topic you could share opinions? Maybe debate? I'd love to hear what players such as you and LK would have to say regarding specific matters.

But this is just me obviously

I understand that but it's somewhat hard to do with the time constraints in place. Already there's barely enough time to discuss the topic so to have like the debate corner or something would take up time. I think that last thing we did where we went on a circle and said what to never do and what to always do is about as good a funny-themed thing as you can put in this show without turnig it into something else.

Engaging with the viewers at the expense of the quality of a show these same viewers are getting may make them happier but it won't actually do em as much "good" and that "good" is the point of the show. It'd be counter-intuitive to sacrifice that. :P

I'm sure once all these basic important topics are done there'll be more time to do shows with more variety and have debates and other stuff but not for a while longer.

Okay:

I personally apologize first to NeoGio for this - This is something I'd rather talk to you personally about, because it does make me angry, but look at this situation...

You have got to be trolling me or testing my patience or really being assholes to me. I don't understand why, but I feel like the confrontation has been forced and I have to make this post.

So let me get this straight:

You guys want me to have someone on the show who:

- Has previously been on my stream and shown he has no respect for what's being done nor has the capability to not shit on things. His advice ranges from insulting to people who work hard on their character to making no sense or being outright ignorant.

- Whose advice has consistently fallen into the negative and dismissive junk of currently-banned Akira-Shiro. (Who I had also given a solid chance on stream)

- Who isn't funny. This isn't a comedy act, anyways.

- Who doesn't seem to have much respect for me and consistently treats me offensively, if not by obligation every time he sees me or encounters me.

- Who is one of the people who seems to think the show is worthless and tells me I'm not qualified to do it. GTFO of here with that shit.

Why should I let him on when he does this shit?

I have severe reservations against letting Neogio on my show because he's shown me he's not up to the task and his behavior is not something I want to deal with.

Whatever knowledge Neo has - however good he is, I don't expect any amazing turnaround in personality or content to want to have him on a show that's trying to be serious. I feel he would only appear on the show to make it his own personal comedy hour, consistently shitting on everything brought up or trying to hammer in his one-trick idea of humor until the show is over. Waste of my time, and it's a waste of yours. He doesn't fit with show's attitude or objectives.

The answer is No.

I don't care if it makes the show unfunny or doesn't get me sugoi views. I'm trying to do my thing.

You guys really piss me off with this shit. I'm trying to do a good job and you're spending time doing this shit instead of being engaged with the show. I'm very willing to listen to input, but I'm not gonna be jerked around or let a handful of trolls and people with nothing better to do in their lives than shit on the show waste my time or undo the work I and several other community members put in. Grow the fuck up.

Help me out here, Meta-Locke...

metalocke.jpg

Eevee, that's like... More than 5 reasons! :psyduck:

Well since you feel so strongly about it, Dont include him. I personally did not know you guys had a history considering I don't watch streams and I haven't really seen you guys really interact in general. I suppose you don't want to sacrifice your integrity or pride here, that's fine. Again, good luck with the show.

For what it's worth, I like the show as it is fine. When you make something, the important thing is to make the kind of thing YOU would like, so you are passionate about it. If you don't, it'll show in your product and you'll probably quit soon after anyways.

Also maybe you can try to get it on Dustloop's front page.

Okay I do respect mentioning that you wanted to tell me this to my face, but I feel the need to defend myself.

-In terms of you not being qualified for the show that is both my opinion and to a certain extent a general fact. You got banned from Dustloop for complaining and whining about dumb stuff, as well as been constantly told by various people to play another character because you seemed to have a tough time learning the game. How can you honestly teach something you have never learned? Although there maybe certain topics where you can give useful input generally the show is ran by the guest and your primary purpose it to ask questions. it wouldn't be the smartest thing in the world to give advice on something you barely understand; however you have improved from your past self and have gotten much better. So I agree with you serving as a moderator, but letting one of your guest lash out on a member in the audience and saying " whoever ask that question better shut the fuck up" and then just letting the discussion proceed like that didn't happen wasn't the best moderating now was it.

-Respect: You judge how respectful I am based on one time where we streamed Akira-Shiro vs Xntricat. Anyone who knows me knows that I can't miss an opportunity to call Shiro free and Xntricat has always been one of my favorite players based on how he reacts to certain things. That commentary wasn't meant to be informative or funny, but somehow people liked me shitting on mashy games. Xntricat actually had the same problem as you, where he believed I was some huge dick and respect no one; however we talked things through and eventually he even ask me to guess commentate his netplay tournament and we can both agree it went well. I don't see how you can call me disrespectful when you constantly post ignorant post like "Omg I've been playing Litchi for like a year now and I can't even take a round of TD" (played EVERY version of the game since CT). You constantly point out how you can't beat people that have years of experience over you and make it seem like they aren't that good so you should do better.

-Advice: You talk about my advice, but how many people have I shaped to be much better than what they were previously (ex: NemesisEnforcer, Haven, Lich, AJKiller, DontExplain, etc.). Yes I admit that sometimes I can go overboard and just be harsh at some peoples inability to learn. Please refrain from ever comparing me to Akira-Shiro because I can write an entire doctoral paper on how wrong that is alone. You streamed with me once and on times where it was more for amusement rather than giving players insight on what to do. For fucks sake Shiro and Cat were mashing so hard there wasn't anything to learn besides that it was a bad idea for them to FT10 to begin with and netplay is the devil in disguise.

-Respect for you: I barely talk to you! Even offline I don't talk to you because I see no purpose in doing so. The only words I ever say to you is, "Please don't twin machine gun me offline because I don't feel like pulling bullets out my immortal chest". Other than that I have done nothing but defend you by making the StarDemonProtectionAgency (SDPA). Never have I took the time to shit on your, complaining, whining, lack of skill, I don't even try to astral you when we play (don't know the input), the irony of it all is that I thought you getting banned for Amadeous as a birthday present was hella fucked up.

-Being funny: Okay for some reason everyone I talk to thinks I'm funny, but I think the word people are looking for isn't comedy it is charisma. I am charismatic, and that is something your show definitely lacks. If I could compare my speaking to any great leader besides Hitler it would definitely have to be Bill Clinton. Clinton has the ability to make you feel like you are the only person in the room and people believe in what he says. Obviously the show isn't suppose to be a comedy, but one flaw I noticed from watching is that the conversations are dull and the vocabulary is childish/generic so you have no real target audience.

-Watching the Show: Regardless of my reasons for watching the show I still watch it for enjoyment. Although I admit to enjoying the show for all the wrong reasons (brabs, barbier blocking, cave tigers) I am still one of your viewers and always tell my fellow netplay colleague to watch. Never have I said the show was pointless; on the contrary I think the idea is good, but needs help in the organizing part and overall structure in order to truly flourish. Time and time again I have suggested changing the layout and besides maybe the Ragna and oppai thing I'm serious about the layout being rather on the ugly side. There is a reason JP uses Noel, Makoto and Tsubaki as a face for BB rather than Litchi, but that is a conversation for another time.

If in the end you find that I'm somehow not a future positive aspect for the show that s fine by me. All I ask is that if any one of the players I have mentioned previously (Akira-Shiro excluded of course) ask to participate in the show, please don't be bias towards them just because they know me it just wouldn't be fair. I find it interesting how there was a time where you ask TSB to let you commentate Guilty Gear and for the longest time you never got the chance. Now the same situation is present again, but this time the ball is in your court now. Fascinating how the world works, don't you agree?

(i don't know anything about this shit so dun kill me BBUUUUUUT)

Well shit, this is a first from Gio. A serious discussion.

Please refrain from ever comparing me to Akira-Shiro because I can write an entire doctoral paper on how wrong that is alone.

You have until next Monday. I'll be in my office.

Why should I let him on when he does this shit?

I have severe reservations against letting Neogio on my show because he's shown me he's not up to the task and his behavior is not something I want to deal with.

Whatever knowledge Neo has - however good he is, I don't expect any amazing turnaround in personality or content to want to have him on a show that's trying to be serious. I feel he would only appear on the show to make it his own personal comedy hour, consistently shitting on everything brought up or trying to hammer in his one-trick idea of humor until the show is over. Waste of my time, and it's a waste of yours. He doesn't fit with show's attitude or objectives.

The answer is No.

I don't care if it makes the show unfunny or doesn't get me sugoi views. I'm trying to do my thing.

You guys really piss me off with this shit. I'm trying to do a good job and you're spending time doing this shit instead of being engaged with the show. I'm very willing to listen to input, but I'm not gonna be jerked around or let a handful of trolls and people with nothing better to do in their lives than shit on the show waste my time or undo the work I and several other community members put in. Grow the fuck up.

Ummm, doing this shit? I was being quite serious, I think Gio would add much needed help to the show. As far as your opinion, I am not going to argue with it, if you feel you have the experience with Gio to claim everything you are saying, then by all means, say it. But as far as the trolling goes, I was quite serious in my post. The fact that so many people joined, although in a silly manner, just testifies to how popular this decision would be, and how others feel about NeoGio0o, something you should consider before letting your own personal feelings overtake you.

It is your own decision though, in the end. Something we'll all respect.

P.S: Your Gio wasn't funny complaint is like a 1:100000000000 ratio, not even dickriding.

What exactly is this stupid shit your talking about? I piss you off for conveying a opinion that I would like to see a friend on the show? Are the individuals who simply asked to see Gio on the show trolls for expressing an opinion? I would love for you to clear this up for me. I watch your podcast and enjoy it. However, if I am wrong for simply offering my opinion. I will due us both a favor and simply not tune in. Good luck with the show in the future.

Who's trolling??? I think it would be a great idea, Neo is one of the few people who actually knows what he is talking about regardless if it sounds like he is shyting on someone. It's either a joke or him being dead honest and i respect him for that. Like Dreiko said, try it out. You never know what the outcome will be unless you are willing to try. (plus i wasn't trolling when i said his voice was dre...i mean golden >~>)

Oh boy, I missed a whole lot of this thread...

I vote for Gio! At first I thought he was a huuuuuuge dick but he's actually quite a manageable-sized dick, and he does have somewhat dark sense of humor that I failed to notice at first.

-In terms of you not being qualified for the show that is both my opinion and to a certain extent a general fact. You got banned from Dustloop for complaining and whining about dumb stuff, as well as been constantly told by various people to play another character because you seemed to have a tough time learning the game. How can you honestly teach something you have never learned? Although there maybe certain topics where you can give useful input generally the show is ran by the guest and your primary purpose it to ask questions. it wouldn't be the smartest thing in the world to give advice on something you barely understand; however you have improved from your past self and have gotten much better. So I agree with you serving as a moderator, but letting one of your guest lash out on a member in the audience and saying " whoever ask that question better shut the fuck up" and then just letting the discussion proceed like that didn't happen wasn't the best moderating now was it.

Your own defense begins with how I suck? Hoo, boy. Should I even be posting a response?

I've had several people tell me I'm not qualified for the show and that it was a fact WAY before the first episode. I did not listen to them, and I don't care what they have to say about it. Yeah, I'm a really, REALLY bad player, and I'm a REALLY BAD PERSON. If it's a problem for anyone, don't watch that terrible asshole Star-Demon's show.

I really don't care that I'm unpopular, as you must know by now. I'm the most unpopular person in the community! It doesn't matter to me what you think about me. I'm not going to work very hard for anyone's approval or friendship because I don't want fake friends and I don't need the aggravation of trying to please everyone.

-Respect: You judge how respectful I am based on one time where we streamed Akira-Shiro vs Xntricat. Anyone who knows me knows that I can't miss an opportunity to call Shiro free and Xntricat has always been one of my favorite players based on how he reacts to certain things. That commentary wasn't meant to be informative or funny, but somehow people liked me shitting on mashy games. Xntricat actually had the same problem as you, where he believed I was some huge dick and respect no one; however we talked things through and eventually he even ask me to guess commentate his netplay tournament and we can both agree it went well. I don't see how you can call me disrespectful when you constantly post ignorant post like "Omg I've been playing Litchi for like a year now and I can't even take a round of TD" (played EVERY version of the game since CT). You constantly point out how you can't beat people that have years of experience over you and make it seem like they aren't that good so you should do better.

There was also another skype chat where you went out of your way to make the same joke - once again basically calling me a psycho - and then continuously shitting on me with the others. I don't care whether or not you think I'm awful, even if it's true - that shit hasn't helped me one ounce, and it's a drag on everything. Yes, it pisses me off. Maybe I should have just told you sooner. I wish you'd stop. I'd rather be away from you guys. At the least, I don't fit in with you. That's enough for me to know to stay away from you all.

-Advice: You talk about my advice, but how many people have I shaped to be much better than what they were previously (ex: NemesisEnforcer, Haven, Lich, AJKiller, DontExplain, etc.). Yes I admit that sometimes I can go overboard and just be harsh at some peoples inability to learn. Please refrain from ever comparing me to Akira-Shiro because I can write an entire doctoral paper on how wrong that is alone. You streamed with me once and on times where it was more for amusement rather than giving players insight on what to do. For fucks sake Shiro and Cat were mashing so hard there wasn't anything to learn besides that it was a bad idea for them to FT10 to begin with and netplay is the devil in disguise.

As far as I can tell, all of you guys are friends and you all have similar opinions and personalities. I don't see why I should put up with people who regularly put me down over the internet to my face. You know, like you just did. I certainly don't see why I put up with over an hour of that and things like "Litchi isn't real". Stellar. Great. This is what I'm going to be conveying to people about our game? Give me a break.

-Respect for you: I barely talk to you! Even offline I don't talk to you because I see no purpose in doing so.

Super.

The only words I ever say to you is, "Please don't twin machine gun me offline because I don't feel like pulling bullets out my immortal chest".

Yes! FFS - you really think calling someone a psycho every time you encounter them is acceptable? Jesus, I know there's many types of people out there, but at some point they get real with you and you can get to learn they don't mean harm in it and know when to stop.

Never have I took the time to shit on your, complaining, whining, lack of skill, I don't even try to astral you when we play (don't know the input), the irony of it all is that I thought you getting banned for Amadeous as a birthday present was hella fucked up.

You took the time to shit on me a few times and in this post have been making irrelevant and empty arguments to me being bad and a bad person and having no cred in order to defend *yourself*. This is pretty stupid, IMO. Why am I even posting?

-Being funny: Okay for some reason everyone I talk to thinks I'm funny, but I think the word people are looking for isn't comedy it is charisma. I am charismatic, and that is something your show definitely lacks. If I could compare my speaking to any great leader besides Hitler

Jesus...

Anyways, aside from the naturally off-putting way you worded it (it's like you don't even want to convince me), I'll give you the benefit that you are charismatic if not persistent. Between you and DacidBro, I'd take Dacidbro. He's consistently positive, polite, and the times I've been wrong he's been graceful.

The show isn't for lolz. I don't know how many times I have to explain this.

-Watching the Show: Regardless of my reasons for watching the show I still watch it for enjoyment. Although I admit to enjoying the show for all the wrong reasons (brabs, barbier blocking, cave tigers) I am still one of your viewers and always tell my fellow netplay colleague to watch. Never have I said the show was pointless; on the contrary I think the idea is good, but needs help in the organizing part and overall structure in order to truly flourish. Time and time again I have suggested changing the layout and besides maybe the Ragna and oppai thing I'm serious about the layout being rather on the ugly side. There is a reason JP uses Noel, Makoto and Tsubaki as a face for BB rather than Litchi, but that is a conversation for another time.

I said I'd keep it in mind as episodes change.

If in the end you find that I'm somehow not a future positive aspect for the show that s fine by me. All I ask is that if any one of the players I have mentioned previously (Akira-Shiro excluded of course) ask to participate in the show, please don't be bias towards them just because they know me it just wouldn't be fair.

The only biases I'm gonna hold are the things people say to me, do towards me and how I see they do towards others. So far, I'm deeply annoyed with how you've behaved in the past - while I hold out for a time when I see a more real you (because I'm fucking stupid) (your post was a start, although I think it's still pretty bad).

Right now, The best I can manage for you and others is that I'll keep what Dreiko said today in mind - if you end up ruining my show or stomping on me even more than you already have, I'll take it as an indication that my time was wasted and the community has let me down and I can consider stopping the show and stop wasting my time trying to help dustloop, give everyone what they want and just stop doing anything. No Crest text, no Guides, No match videos. Nothing.

TL;DR: Maybe someday. Time will tell. You have a lot of work with me to do, first.

I find it interesting how there was a time where you ask TSB to let you commentate Guilty Gear and for the longest time you never got the chance. Now the same situation is present again, but this time the ball is in your court now. Fascinating how the world works, don't you agree?

I'm sorry, did you just add ", you asshole." to the end of that post? I think you did. That's just super...

I'm not gonna hide it - I'm pretty angry with all of you guys right now. What prompted the sudden turn in support and attitude? I really want to know. I'm forced to believe the tests have really begun and you're either seeing if I quit or seeing what you can get away with and how much you can push me or the show.

I'm not going to post about this anymore - I hope this makes my problems clear, and I'm willing to talk with you about it, but I'm very tired of the trolling and the bullshit I catch around here. I wanted to make a serious venue for myself and others to discuss the show, and instead, much like the OG Guilty Gear Police invading Guilty Bits, I have everyone coming out of the goddamned woodwork - some positive, some trolling, some carrying pitchforks and torches trying to get their hands in the cookie jar. '

I'm going to walk away from this thread for a while. You guys have clearly gotten the better of me - YOU WIN - and it's time I wrapped this up. If anyone has anything real to say, PM me. Next episode involves advanced topics and trying to build that episode around two audiences is going to be difficult. I want suggestions for topics and questions, feel free to send me them. I'm fucking done for tonight.

I just want LK to answer my question ;_;.

I just want peace @_@ like damn why does one suggestion have to become a whole debate.

I feel like you missed some of the points I was making, but I agree that subjectively calling you a psycho can be fucked up. All in all none of this was a troll, it was just my fellow mashing colleagues supporting me.

Personally, i would like to see Gio on the show, he's a rad dude. (rad is a stretch to some people but i pull this attitude every day of my life) DAT TEENAGE ANGST.

He's cool all round, and his metaphors with shit talk are quite cool

You have until next Monday. I'll be in my office.

That gave me a small laugh lol

I think now that this has settles somewhat we should move forward with positive and contstructive talks so as to be in the spirit of the show. :p

Oh and to clarify something, it wasn't "cave" tiger but "caged" tiger. The metaphor works because the tiger needs only but a moment to pounce out of an ill-monitored cage and eat your face and it is like this that you should be in regards to guarding. You shouldn't need more than just the tiniest of oppenings to transition from defense to offense.

I must be mentally switching the right word in when I was listening because I swear I heard caged tiger.

I must be mentally switching the right word in when I was listening because I swear I heard caged tiger.

You heard it right. That's what I said. I think somebody else heard it wrong. :p

I was just clarifying to avoid misunderstandings in case more folks misheard it.