Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toanenadiz

[CP] ν-13 Simple Questions And Answers Thread

Weird... something wrong here. I used to play Jin on CSX, and I can control between 623C and 236C just fine. but just like everybody complain now. I can't do this on Nu 's Runa form at all. Or barely be able to do it. I think the game may not tell you but the key is different on Runa. definitely no longer 623, because you can change to Jin, who has both same set of 623,236 move and you will be able to do it all fine.

it look like either a bug or wrong button show in the menu (for luna form)

It has already been discussed in the CP gameplay thread. The input is correct. It is because you aren't being precise with your inputs. You are inputting 6236C rather than 623C. In previous games the former was allowed for DP motions but it is no longer the case for certain characters.

If you're playing on pad just do 6232C to avoid the 6 input(or y'know, practice more precise inputs).

Now, linking after Luna Supra in the corner, that's tight.

Some specific question :

-how to deal with Bullet Drive?

I can't run from it, because it is quicker, and if I guard it, she can get advantage on combo pressure, and then continue it again, when I find my chance to dash back. (which usually get up that I would got hit by that drive)

-is there any good way to avoid Amane zone with cloth and drill?

I wonder if I should combat him in melee mode? his zoning is quite fast, and whenever I m corner, he will use drill combo that can easily break barrier.

Little addition :

Is there any trick on how to use 632146D after air combo? Since CP, I can't do air DD > with it to end anymore. I rarely be able to do it, without understanding reason. Most of the time it come out as 214D instead.

Aside from ending combos, what other uses are there for 623C? Thanks

Dia 623C can be used as an anti air. You can use Luna 623C midcombo to extend combos, such as Luna 4B > 2DD > 214D > dash 6B > 2C > 623C > dash 6DD > 2DD > air ender. Other than that, you can use it as a frame trap I guess since it does Fatal and is easy to combo after but it is hella unsafe.

Any help with [Luna] 4B>2DD>214D>stuff?

Cant connect that 214D most of the time and can't figure out whats wrong.

Try to connect the 2DD when the green bar is around 40-45% full. Then cancel into 214D as fast as possible.

I want a combo that uses an immediately techable TK crescent in Dia that is RCed immediately into a 4B/j.66B/3C for oki.

Can someone with more time on their hands try to find one that works? and is netplay friendly?

(Luna) 5DD > 236B > 22A > 5DD > 4DD > 4B > 2DD > air ender

Does this one works on all characters?

Because i really can't get 4b to connect on platinum and noel (too far) while it was ok with some others i tried.

(Luna) 5DD > 236B > 22A > 5DD > 4DD > 4B > 2DD > air ender

Does this one works on all characters?

Because i really can't get 4b to connect on platinum and noel (too far) while it was ok with some others i tried.

Its character specific.

Though another one you can do on some characters is 5DD>236B~22A~6DD>IAD j.B>j.C>665A>5B>2B>3C

Kind of a general question, but it seems like input lag hurts us more than other characters. How do you deal with online connections that are 2 bars or less? Finding other players; playing on the Altar stage, making sure your buddy is wired and not streaming, etc., when you've done all that and it's still 2 bars how do you shift the way you play to compensate for it? When it happens to me I basically just start falling apart, because I want to block, but netplay is like, "Eh, I'll think about it."

Thanks

Making your neutral so incredibly awesome that you never need to block. Also do easy mode combos. Alternatively, get your reaction speed up so that you can block just fine in a 2 bar. As long as the connection is stable, my defense is typically as good in a 2 bar as it is in a 4 bar.

Also we need to play.

Kind of a general question, but it seems like input lag hurts us more than other characters. How do you deal with online connections that are 2 bars or less? Finding other players; playing on the Altar stage, making sure your buddy is wired and not streaming, etc., when you've done all that and it's still 2 bars how do you shift the way you play to compensate for it? When it happens to me I basically just start falling apart, because I want to block, but netplay is like, "Eh, I'll think about it."

Thanks

Most nus play neutral by guessing so input lag is a distinct advantage for them. It sounds like you are blocking too much. Let's play sometime.

Input lag destroys my play. It makes 22A an even more pain than just netplay and makes reacting to simply punishable things like an IAD impossible to do...not to mention I'll eat a full combo for trying to 6D on reaction.

I'm pretty much dropping drives entirely against some characters and just using straight up rushdown or gravity keepaway. I find it works better against characters like Tao, Kagura, and Koko

Sometimes drives completely whiff on smaller hitbox characters after an air throw. When that happens, I want to cry. It's mostly bad timing though because it should always work.

Okay, my copy of CP unexpectedly arrived today! Yay!

Nu-13's execution seems a little hard for me if it involves 22A. It's not inputting 22A, it's what I do after it. Like 3C > 22A > 5A. Or 236D > 22A > 5DD. I'll have to get used to that. Other than that I'm liking her a lot, she's fun to play, unless it's just the game. I think I'll main her and sub Izayoi! I've also managed to keep track of what mode I'm in when I'm doing certain things, and I've already done a lot of her practical high damage combos.

QUESTION:I don't want to list the inputs yet, but I will after the question. You know Nu's new special that can only be done in Dia, the one with the uppercut command, I think it's called Supra Rage and it has FC. Yeah in the corner I've done this: (Luna) 236C > 22A > 5C > 2C > 623C. In videos I've seen that move cause knockdown, but whenever I use it my opponent goes flying high into the air and tech. The whole combo is like this.

(Dia)

5C > 236D > 22A > 5DD > 2DD > 6C > 236D > 236C > 22A > 5C > 2C > 623C

(Luna)

5DD > 236B > 22A > 236D > 2AA> 5DD > 2DD > 6C > 236D > 236C > 22A > 5C > 2C > 236C

Help!

2DD > 214D > 22A > 6C input in Luna mode is soo fun

Her new special can be done in both modes so you should stop doing 22A after 236C. Luna 623C causes knockdown, not Dia 623C (unless it is FC). If you get 236C instead of 623C in Luna mode, you are inputting it wrong. CP is stricter than Extend with respect to inputs.

What exactly is the timing for following up 236B in combos in Luna mode.

Like in 5DD > 236B > 5DD

5C > 236B > 22A > 5C in the corner.