Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toanenadiz

[CP] ν-13 Simple Questions And Answers Thread

What exactly is the timing for following up 236B in combos in Luna mode.

Like in 5DD > 236B > 5DD

5C > 236B > 22A > 5C in the corner.

It should be 5DD > 236B > 22A > 5DD > 4DD > 236D

For the second one you can try 5C > 236B > 22A > 5DD > 236D > 22A > etc

Well hello again guys.

I wanted to get back into learning Nu, because she's Nu. But I don't even want to bother considering I'd get bodied online for not knowing how to zone. What's the best approach to start learning how to zone well with Nu? I've been watching a lot of Yoshiki.

Something I struggle with a lot is 6D. I run by the old tactics, just 6D when they are in the air. But my 6D whiffs a lot, usually when the opponent IAD's. I've been thinking of using 214D to stop air approach sometimes, but I can't do that all day. And simple anti-airs like 6A won't work because I'm talking about when the opponent is much further away than that.

Thank you.

Some basic principles I think applies to zoning with Nu.

First off, to actually zone with her you have to know more about the opponent's character more than you do Nu. In order to be good with Nu, you need a lot of match-up experience so you can tell what another character can do during any situation. It's easier to zone if they're full screen away. Gravity seed as often as you can. It gives you more chances to zone and poke.

Next up, your spacing tools. 214D~C is really good at this. It often acts more along the lines of preventing the opponent from moving across the ground, thus their only option is either block it, or jump over it. That's why you'll see a lot of Nu's do 2D or 6D right after 214D~C.

Now if they're fairly close to you and its at neutral, one of the scariest things Nu can do is IAD j.2D. It covers the ground pretty well and stops your opponents approach, plus the recovery isn't as bad as 5D, plus j.2D covers more area than 5D. If you look at the animation for j.2D, it attacks at a downward slant, so it can hit someone running at you and IAD toward you. If they do something like super jump, you can easily just land and run under them. Nu is faster than most characters.

Another parts that's a bit daunting about Nu's zoning is her mobility. Effective zoning uses her mobility to get around opponents and keep poking them away with swords. Nu's best defense and offense is her mobility. Which is a really difficult thing to master.

If your 6D is whiffing a lot when they're in the air, consider using 2D. Often times, 2D covers the space that 6D can't. Knowing when to use which is important as both can go into a mode change combo into oki.

The best approach to learning how to zone well with Nu is playing a lot of matches (in my opinion). Zoning and neutral game isn't something easy to learn. It takes a lot of practice. And even then, it's never perfect, and you're always learning something new.

214D doesn't stop air approach, it's meant to stop ground approach, so it's not an anti-air. Try using 2D or 6D instead. If you're unsure, then you can IAD back to get into a better position, or even run under them.

Anyways, those are my two cents, and I'm by no means a pro Nu player or anything. Take my advice with a grain of salt. :)

like say AchedSphinx, you need a lot of match up expériences. If you sure you whiff your 6DD or 2DD you can instant dash for more chance to hit and dash cancel with a Jump back dash if its block or you can combo. for noticz that you must have a lot of match with her with a lot of player. i have 1410 match with nu-13 and i gain a lot of experience for the Match up

Me vs a rachel player. I knew when a rachel jump she try to zoning so my reaction is to instant dash 2DD or 6DD for counter.

Exemple: http://youtu.be/KX5hd8ni6I4?t=2m18s at the end of the first round you can see I ID 2DD and counter hit.

Nu has a weak defense so you must be careful when you use this drive because nu doesn't have reverse (in dia) and a low vita.

You must move non stop if you want to zoning because if a player send nu at the corner its really difficult to release.

You must move non stop if you want to zoning because if a player send nu at the corner its really difficult to release.

This might just be what got me killed every single time. I noticed that I'm just throwing out all of her specials and drives while I'm at the same place on the screen. If I do move, I only end up air backdashing and putting myself in the corner. AchedSphinx also mentioned something similar too, thanks for reminding me of this.

And by what you have both said, playing a lot of matches might be what I actually need.

Uh huh, thanks.

You can jump if the pressing is stop or you can CA

Both are terrible options in most matchups (there are some exceptions). Lots of people will stagger pressure a little to catch upbacking and nu kind of needs her meter. Just learn where to 5A or 2A out of blockstrings. Backdashing is also an option.

You only really need counterassaults against rachel, carl, relius, and tao.

Upbacking really helps against kagura, bang(Pre-4 seals), and tager. due to you being command thrown otherwise.

(NEVER upback against bang when he has 4 seals or else you eat 2.7K guarenteed for it)

Upbacking really helps against kagura, bang(Pre-4 seals), and tager.

Yup, I just got bodied by Nu using Kagura. Pissed me off when I couldn't keep Nu in the corner because of her jumping out of command grab setups.

Does all this mean that I can actually press buttons (not carelessly) during blockstrings instead of breaking my thumbs blocking Valkenhayn?

if valk does a forward wolfdash, you can 5A it, no matter what. If he does a diagonal down or straight down one into wolf.A, you are fukt though since thats gapless.

I've seen some people Zone in Luna. Her Drive is essentially the same (minus being able to follow up the attack on Block), and she still has access to Gravity Seed and Spike Chaser (albeit, the latter is quite lesser when compared to the Dia form version). That said, I think the easiest way of looking at it, in terms of Nu's zoning in Luna Forma, is that it's somewhat lesser than Lambda's was, but overall still better than what most characters are capable of.

Also, I've heard that switching forms in neutral was very risky, however, I've seen people do it in their Block-Strings, and of course combos, so I think you really just have to pick and choose when you want/need to change forms and be aware of the risk that comes with it outside of combos.

Hope this helps.

I personally like ending my combos in luna because of the 50/50 setup after x>[Dia]236D~22A

if they do actually guess it right, you just treat her drives like a poke instead of a zoning tool.

I personally like ending my combos in luna because of the 50/50 setup after x>[Dia]236D~22A

if they do actually guess it right, you just treat her drives like a poke instead of a zoning tool.

Whaaaaat? You said you end combos in Luna for a 50/50 setup, what is the setup!!!??? Guessing what right?

But uh are you saying in Luna you would rather treat her drive moves as a poke instead of a zoning tool? I generally don't zone in Luna because of having no act parser 66 or 44, neither cresent cancel for a blocked j.2D > j.2DD > 214DC.

It helps if you can train yourself to not always do 5DD in luna mode as there is a chance you will waste a few frames realizing it was blocked before performing another action. It could just be me, but I have a habit of always, regardless of opponent block state, 5DD'ing. Try to follow each sword as it comes out and react to the initial 5D if you realize they are blocking. For me personally, mastering that has helped me utilize Luna mode more effectively so perhaps it can do the same for you.

If you want a good example, watch how gentarou plays. His "zoning" in luna consists of purely reacting to what his opponent does. That is more or less how you should be treating luna drives.

I don't know if this was discussed in the General thread but in the Changelist article, this was mentioned:

"Astral Heat - Is now an strike attack instead of a throw."

What does that mean?

So, it's Similar to some of Bullets Grapples? I,E, A strike attack that leads into a Grab the same way a regular Command Grab would?

If you want a good example, watch how gentarou plays. His "zoning" in luna consists of purely reacting to what his opponent does. That is more or less how you should be treating luna drives.

Thank you, after some games, I realise that reaction is WAY betteer than prediction if you got the opponent in gravity seed or fullscreen regardless of what mode you're in. I think it's best to predict in certain situations, for example when your about to die and the match is extremely laggy :P

And now that I have this sorted... It's official.

I. Can. Officially. ZONE!!! (Except I'll learn more tricks on the way while watching vids.)

Oh hey, what's this? ANOTHER question!? Yeah this is a quick one. Who's the better Nu player, Gentarou or Yoshiki? I've been watching Yoshiki all this time.

Make sure you are actually pressing 22A. If you press 23A or 32A, it won't work. Check your inputs in training mode to see what the game thinks you are pressing.

If I wanted to make an English video tutorial in preparation for the NA release, would this be the appropriate thread to ask?

I keep messing up the TK j214D. I get the ground 214D, bj.D or TK j214 D randomly, even if I perform the same motions nearly the same. I play on pad too, if this little bit of info matters. Does anyone have tips on reliably getting it?