Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toanenadiz

[CP] ν-13 Simple Questions And Answers Thread

So I've been interested in playing Nu once CP hits the US(importing is a bit hard). However, from what I've been seeing, you really need to know how the game works and what you can do in order to play her very well. My previous experience in Blazblue is rather limited, since I didn't really have any way to play against other people in past games. Would it be better to try using an easier character to get used to playing before trying out Nu or to just jump in a grind it out?

If I wanted to make an English video tutorial in preparation for the NA release, would this be the appropriate thread to ask?

I keep messing up the TK j214D. I get the ground 214D, bj.D or TK j214 D randomly, even if I perform the same motions nearly the same. I play on pad too, if this little bit of info matters. Does anyone have tips on reliably getting it?

You can do the motion the same and get completely different results. When I first began learning this motion I found it helpful to practice it for everyday for a week, as little as 10 minutes a day. 

It's all in when you push D. You can't buffer the input and you need to make sure you delay it just enough for you to get off the ground; in that sense it's completely different from how you'd input almost every other move (Save Nu's dia 236D in some instances which must be delayed to connect). If you push D too early, you get Spike Chaser. If you push d too late, you usually get super j. 5D. Just keep at it, and once you get the timing down, keep practicing; it will become second nature after a while.

So I've been interested in playing Nu once CP hits the US(importing is a bit hard). However, from what I've been seeing, you really need to know how the game works and what you can do in order to play her very well. My previous experience in Blazblue is rather limited, since I didn't really have any way to play against other people in past games. Would it be better to try using an easier character to get used to playing before trying out Nu or to just jump in a grind it out?

If ya haven't played for a long time, then picking an easier character is recommended - to get used to the game and such. I recommended Jin.

Otherwise you're in for some pain. But, don't lions drop their cubs of cliffs as a mark of passage?

So...after not listening to Toan and returning to Nu (I'm a glutton for punishment), has she gotten better in 1.1 or worse?

A couple quick questions. I'm picking up Nu but I'm having trouble figuring out what to do in a few scenarios.

1. What should I do after a 2B pickup after resetting them for not teching? I tried doing 2B>5C(1)>4B into stuff but everything seems really dodgy and barely works if at all.

2. After 3C knockdown into Luna 236D, if they decide to not to tech and let the 236D blue beat them, what's a good follow up oki option?

Thanks!

... has she gotten better in 1.1 or worse?

Mostly unchanged, her main change is her Astral not being a throw, but strike, and double Calamity combos in corner

1. What should I do after a 2B pickup after resetting them for not teching? I tried doing 2B>5C(1)>4B into stuff but everything seems really dodgy and barely works if at all.

2. After 3C knockdown into Luna 236D, if they decide to not to tech and let the 236D blue beat them, what's a good follow up oki option?

1. try 2B > 2C > Aerial combo part (for example, in Luna mode, 2B > 2C > jC > falling j2C > land 2DD > Spike > dash 6A > Supra)

2. they're not standing up? hit them with 236C! :D in corner just use gravity oki then instead of Sickle

2B pickup combos:

Midscreen:

[Dia]2B(airhit)>2C>9j.C>j.2C>delay j.214D>663C>236D~C~22A>Ender

Enders:

5B>6A>air combo

3C>236B

[Luna]2B(airhit)>2C>9j.C>j.2C>2DD>214D~22A>236D~C>22A>6B>2C>air combo

Corner:

[Dia]2B(airhit)>2C>9j.C>j.2C>j.214D>3C>236D~22A>6A>5C>6C>236D~22A>214D~22A>236C>6A>623C

[Luna]2B(airhit)>2C>9j.C>j.2C>j.214D>5B>6A>623C>66A>6C>236D~22A>214D~22A>236C>6A>623C (this SMPs so they can tech out, another option after the 236C is just to go for 22A>3C>214A)

236C isn't a good starter midscreen and can be rolled through in the corner.

Thanks for the combos! I'm not sure how you're supposed to use 236C. All they have to do is just tech late/roll forwards and you whiff it completely...

Mostly unchanged, her main change is her Astral not being a throw, but strike, and double Calamity combos in corner

1. try 2B > 2C > Aerial combo part (for example, in Luna mode, 2B > 2C > jC > falling j2C > land 2DD > Spike > dash 6A > Supra)

2. they're not standing up? hit them with 236C! :D in corner just use gravity oki then instead of Sickle

Good to know she's unchanged. I can only do some of her basic/intermediate mode change combos. Is there any way to use oki without that flip kick in the corner?

Combos aside, is it better to switch between modes often or stick with one until you have a chance to switch modes mid-combo? I can see the appeal of both strategies.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

You shouldn't switch modes without a purpose. If you are switching in neutral, make sure you do it as safe as possible, otherwise there is a chance you could be punished for it. I would recommend shying away from switching during neutral unless you really need to.

I was thinking less just randomly switching in neutral and more trying to stick in one for as long as possible. The mode you start in(Dia?) seems to be more useful for playing keepaway than for combos, so maybe stay in that and whittle down your opponent's patience/health until they're softened up enough for some Luna(?) combos?

EDIT: I played a few matches this morning and it seemed to me like I had more success when I used Dia to zone them out and switched to Luna and moved in for the kill when the enemy started respecting my stuff. Maybe that will help someone else with my problem?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

The mode you start in(Dia?) seems to be more useful for playing keepaway than for combos, so maybe stay in that and whittle down your opponent's patience/health until they're softened up enough for some Luna(?) combos?

Generally speaking that's a pretty solid tactic in most match-ups, but you can't play like that all the time. Depending on who you're fighting (in terms of both character and player) you might find it more beneficial to stay in Luna form more than Dia. To reiterate what Toan said, you should never switch modes without a purpose and you should try and stick in one for as long as possible either. Since there's really no set rules on when to be in x mode, it's up to you to analyse a situation and decide which mode is best suited to what's happening.

She's not like that anymore, sadly. I miss that Nu. ; ~:

I do and I don't. I'm glad I don't have to worry about getting blasted for using Nu anymore because she's "omg2goodlol" or something stupid like that, which there was a lot of. Honestly I think Nu is much more interesting now, anyway.

Shotanuhmis, while Nu certainly doesn't have those crazy 3C links on knockdown anymore (I don't believe they were even there in CS), some of what you see is still possible, albeit slightly modified (and certainly not as damaging. CT damage is ridiculous). I sincerely doubt most of those combo paths are optimal anymore, however.

The 6A - 2C - j. 5C - j. 2C - dj - j. 5C - j. 2C - 214D  is still possible, although you can no longer follow it up beyond that, as far as I know. The changes beyond that to Nu from CT are too numerous to count, but some off the top of my head would be that 2C is considerably slower, only 6D and 2D and jump cancellable (no longer are 5D and 4D), mode switching, and drive whiff is considerably longer.

As I said though, I personally find her infinitely more interesting than she's ever been. If you liked her then, you'll like her now, assuming you can overcome the difficulty curve.

Actually, in Dia Form, 5D is Jump Cancelable. The follow-up isn't, however.

But I wholeheartedly agree that she does look much more interesting than her previous incarnations (I'm looking at you, EX Lambda).

EX Lambda was the most boring thing ever imo. I like CONSTANTLY pressing buttons, which Nu in CP makes me do. Probably because of 22A.

A big difference now is, if you whiffed a drive move in CT with Nu, it was okay. Now, if you whiff a drive move in CP, you die.

Alright so finally got back into the BB scene after not playing since CT.  Been going through Nu's command trainings and learning how much she has changed.  So far I've got some pretty basic combos down against a standing/crouching/corner opponent etc.  The biggest challenge I am facing right now is what to do in the following situations:

If crouching opponent and in Luna mode when 2B connects you can:

2DD, 214D, 5DD, 6DD, j.DD, j.2DD, jc, j.DD, j.2DD, 214D or 63214D

or

2DD, AB, 236D, 236C, 66, 5C, 6C, 214D, 22A, 6C, 2C, 236C

These are both in her command training so they work.  But I have absolutely no clue what do do after hitting a standing opponent with 4B. 

Ditto with Dia form.  If they crouch and I hit them with 4B, I never know what to follow up with.  Naturally 2DD, but then what? AB? Try the jump combo?  And a standing opponent hit with 4B while in Dia form I got nothing.

First off don't ever hit them with crush trigger in dia mode because you lose 200 base damage (luna mode attack bonus). 

off of 4B if i don't want to use heat or gravity meter i do:

[Luna]4B>2DD>214D~22A>iadj.C>6A>623C>2366D

[Dia]4B>2DD>2147D>663C(2 hits)>236D~C~22A>5B>6A>j.DD>j.2DD>j.214D

First off don't ever hit them with crush trigger in dia mode because you lose 200 base damage (luna mode attack bonus). 

off of 4B if i don't want to use heat or gravity meter i do:

[Luna]4B>2DD>214D~22A>iadj.C>6A>623C>2366D

[Dia]4B>2DD>2147D>663C(2 hits)>236D~C~22A>5B>6A>j.DD>j.2DD>j.214D

Thanks for that.  I will get to work on practicing those, and had no idea that crush trigger had a damage bonus while in luna mode.  I suppose thats why the command training always had you in it when they showed you the combos.

I just realized i made a mistake in one of the combos.

[Luna]4B>2DD>214D>iadj.B>j.C>6A>623C>2366D

Mixed it up with a different one.

(I usually post combos from memory so mistakes are common with me :v: )

This one just gives better corner carry while keeping sickle oki.

If you want an easier one that gives less carry but more damage and same oki:

4B>2DD>214D>66A>iadj.B>j.C>421C(its a 623 but its a subtle crossthrough)>3C>236D

In the combo [Dia] 2B > 6B > 3C > 22A > 6A > 4B > 2DD > 214D > 5C > 2C > 623C, do i have to micro dash after the 214D to land 5C > 2C or does it all just work together?