Sign in to follow this  
Sin Fenix

Choose a character for me

So recently I decided to give BlazBlue a try and got Extend in anticipation for Chrono Phantasma.

Now I'm letting you guys pick a character for me to learn and play. I'm not asking which one is the best or what you think I'll like the most, just whatever character you guys decide.

Even though I'm just learning this game, this is just going to be a fun side character that I'm going to put some effort to learning.

Hopefully learning some interesting things and motivate me to play more and have fun while I'm at it.

For those who don't care why can skip ahead, but for the curious I just want to do something different and new. When I got P4A, I decided to play as Kanji just because I wanted to.

Normally I don't really like the grappler type, but I had a lot of fun with him (though Kanji is a bit of an exception when it comes to grapplers).

I got to play a fighting game in a different way than I normally do and I'd like to do the same here.

So go ahead, choose any character at all. No reason necessary for the character, just let me know and whoever is chosen most I'll start learning.

My main right now is Hakumen, and if you want to be generous I would like to play Ragna.

If you want to mess with me (here's a tip, I don't like Platinum's character) and choose a low tier character or there's someone you'd like to see online more then go ahead.

So hopefully people will chime in so I can see people's opinions and a diverse character selection.

Voting is done and Arakune is the winner.

Thanks everyone.

Votes:

Arakune - 3

Makoto - 2

Relius - 2

Taokaka - 2

Jin - 1

Tager - 1

Valkenhayn - 1

Edited by Sin Fenix

Just play who you want.

Seriously, the game is pretty balanced. There's nothing particularly wrong about playing one Character or the other (Although expect much salt to come your way if you play any - one aside from Makoto, and maybe Platinum.). Just look around the Character sections within the forums/ the wiki pages to see what each Character generally plays like, maybe watch a few match videos, and then, finally, actually start learning them. If you don't like them, go back, choose another one and start again. For example, at first, I intended to use Hazama, because I liked the idea of "be somewhat weak without heat" > "get heat > "become insanely dangerous"... But, after experimenting with other people, knowing more about fighting games within general, and some of this one specifically (The entire "He isn't dangerous without meter" thing, to say, is far easier than it sounds.) and looking around the forums, I eventually decided on playing Platinum (I like the anti - angst design, her "augmented rushdown" playstyle created by her versatility.). Just look around, try things within the game, and see what works for you. Of course, some (Carl, Makoto.) take more work than others (Ragna, Hazama.), but, if you honestly like the Character, that really probably isn't much of an obstacle.

Edit:

Tao.

Everyone loves Tao.

Or this. This works too.

Edited by InWithTheAshes

Wow I'm surprised I got so many responses already, this board didn't seem that active. Guess you guys just need something to talk about lol.

Still I'm going to have to give this a couple days to see where it goes.

Just play who you want.

Seriously, the game is pretty balanced. There's nothing particularly wrong about playing one Character or the other (Although expect much salt to come your way if you play any - one aside from Makoto, and maybe Platinum.). Just look around the Character sections within the forums/ the wiki pages to see what each Character generally plays like, maybe watch a few match videos, and then, finally, actually start learning them. If you don't like them, go back, choose another one and start again. For example, at first, I intended to use Hazama, because I liked the idea of "be somewhat weak without heat" > "get heat > "become insanely dangerous"... But, after experimenting with other people, knowing more about fighting games within general, and some of this one specifically (The entire "He isn't dangerous without meter" thing, to say, is far easier than it sounds.) and looking around the forums, I eventually decided on playing Platinum (I like the anti - angst design, her "augmented rushdown" playstyle created by her versatility.). Just look around, try things within the game, and see what works for you. Of course, some (Carl, Makoto.) take more work than others (Ragna, Hazama.), but, if you honestly like the Character, that really probably isn't much of an obstacle.

Edit:

Or this. This works too.

I don't care who gets picked that's the point, this is just a side character for fun. That is why I said so in the beginning so people wouldn't assume I'm just asking for the best character.

I'll take as a vote for Taokaka though.

Hakumen.

welp

Oh you and your silly jokes, guess I should be glad I didn't see who you'd really pick for me.

For the purpose of this thread though, I'm actually glad I started with him instead of having to learn him later.

His combos are kind of annoying as the timing in the links seem pretty small and I keep dropping them a lot.

... Well, fuck. That's what you get for not reading thouroughly, I guess.

Not a vote for Tao BTW.

And no, we're not dead. Never were, as I have seen it. We just have really disparate offline scenes, not inactivity online.

Edited by InWithTheAshes

Side character for fun? Does robbing people of wins and making them mad salty count as fun?

If so, pick Arakune. The world needs more burglary and salt Kune's.

#Anarchy2013 #FuckKune

Edited by WolfCrimson

... Well, fuck. That's what you get for not reading thouroughly, I guess.

Not a vote for Tao BTW.)

And no, we're not dead. Never were, as I have seen it. We just have really disparate offline scenes, not inactivity online.

Yeah I do see people still play online in the forum every now and then. Guess there isn't much to talk about until Chrono Phantasma comes out.

I got to look into the offline scene when I get a chance or I'll keep missing out.

It's too bad about your vote though, would have been the tie breaker so far.

Side character for fun? Does robbing people of wins and making them mad salty count as fun?

If so, pick Arakune. The world needs more burglary and salt Kune's.

#Anarchy2013 #FuckKune

That's entirely up to you guys to decide, I expect someone to be salty at the end of this (hopefully not me).

I've updated the op with the current votes and... seems we currently have a four way tie.

There was a good amount of picks and there were a few characters I wouldn't have tried so that's good.

I was getting excited so I was maybe going to start after tomorrow, but since there is a tie I might make it a couple more days.

If there aren't any more votes I guess I'll have to leave it up to another round for a tie breaker or just roll a die or something...

Anyways, can't wait to see who I get.

For those who don't care why can skip ahead, but for the curious I just want to do something different and new.

Arakune or Rachel to some extend, maybe Amane after CP comes out. Everyone else is more of the same.

Arakune or Rachel to some extend, maybe Amane after CP comes out. Everyone else is more of the same.

It's not that I wouldn't have played overused characters since this game is still pretty new to me (I wouldn't have mind playing Ragna as I've said before), but it is nice to try something new to gain a different perspective.

I was wondering if someone was going to vote for Rachel, she doesn't seem like a character people use.

I figured people would want to see something different rather than Ragna or Jin, everybody likes an underdog so to speak... except maybe to maybe spite someone.

Even though Makoto doesn't seem overused, I've seen people use her online a few times so I'm kind of surprised to see votes for her compared to someone like Carl or Rachel.

I might take your suggestion as a vote for Arakune though since that will break the tie.

With the weekend almost over I can make the deadline for Sunday as the last day, but I'll probably just get started tomorrow evening since there aren't many new voters.

It's funny that you also mentioned Amane, he was the first character I wanted to use and be my main before I even started playing Extend.

Thanks for the voting everyone; there was a pretty good amount of votes for different characters. I'll get started soon when I get the chance.

It seems Arakune got the most picks so I'll try and see how much I can learn about him. He seems like an interesting character so hopefully I'll have some fun.

Hopefully I can use some of his potential to be annoying with his shenanigans.

You people are sending him to his death.

Even if he got good with Arakune nobody would ever want to play him. :P

You people are sending him to his death.

Even if he got good with Arakune nobody would ever want to play him. :P

Well then I guess this thread was a success. You had your chance, but nooooooo, you didn't pick another character for me :blue:.