Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Fearless Night, New Indie Fighting Game

Here's the log file on Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/V7dycYEc

Most of the lines just say "Declaration must include a precision qualifier or the default precision must have been previously declared." for the fragment shaders.

Maybe the graphics card just requires some different syntax than the norm, so maybe some #IFDEFs or something could fix it, or maybe a different type of declaration would work for everything?

I don't program enough to really have a good feel for it, but it seems like it would be easy to fix if it was know what causes this.

Can you drop this file into your FearlessNight folder, copying over the existing one then post the log.txt again after running the game?

I won't fix your problem, but will tell me if I'm on the right track. Unfortunately I can't test this myself with your specific GPU and drivers.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54811597/data.shp

Here's the new log on Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/5ANj1iS0

I put the data.shp in my Fearless Night folder, ran the game, waited until the screen turned black, pressed down, then up (I can hear the option select sound), then quit the game. Hopefully the log will help you.

Sorry about this, but can you do the same procedure again? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54811597/data.shp

This is the only way for me to debug the poor OpenGL support these ATI drivers seem to have.

Greetings.

So I checked on AMD's website and it looks like there is a more up-to-date driver for my GPU (the auto-updater thought mine was up-to-date for some reason).

When I install it manually, Fearless Night displays properly. Unfortunately, it broke some other stuff, so I'll have to get in touch with AMD's customer support to sort it out, but anyways it looks like it's their software that's having issues and not yours. Sorry for taking up your time and thanks for the fast response.

Also, where does your group like for feedback on the game to be posted?

When I get the GPU stuff sorted out, should I just post feedback in this thread, or does Shobu Games have a centralized location for sharing feedback on the alpha?

Greetings.

So I checked on AMD's website and it looks like there is a more up-to-date driver for my GPU (the auto-updater thought mine was up-to-date for some reason).

When I install it manually, Fearless Night displays properly. Unfortunately, it broke some other stuff, so I'll have to get in touch with AMD's customer support to sort it out, but anyways it looks like it's their software that's having issues and not yours. Sorry for taking up your time and thanks for the fast response.

Also, where does your group like for feedback on the game to be posted?

When I get the GPU stuff sorted out, should I just post feedback in this thread, or does Shobu Games have a centralized location for sharing feedback on the alpha?

Thanks for trying those out! Sucks that it breaks other stuff for you.

As far as posting stuff ,this thread is fine. In the future I want to do something on Green light, so that might become more of a centralized hub.

I dont know if is my computer but www.shobugames.com domain its down, I cant go to the site.

Hmm.. I think this may just be an issue with Tumblr's DNS. Can't even access it through the tumblr dashboard.

Just letting people know, if you're going to be at Final Round I'll be finding a place to setup Fearless Night for casuals. Otherwise if you want to play shoot me in a tweet @CMZinac

While I've only tried the alpha out for a short time, I just wanted to mention that I like the direction the game is going so far.

While I've only tried the alpha out for a short time, I just wanted to mention that I like the direction the game is going so far.

Thank you!

"AT LONG LAST! A NEW RIVAL APPEARS!

Amika “Ami“ Heartome!

Something of a “Magical Girl,” Amika is a warm-hearted, yet shy high school girl in her daily life. Unable to make many friends in her normal life, she has taken to “befriending” various demons by defeating them in battle. Seeing the good in everyone, she usually only slays demons who actively threaten human life. She learns of Poco, a girl with a similar hobby, and seeks to befriend her."

Amika summons demon weapons she's defeated in battle with her book.  Her favorite being the twin guns.  Demon weapons are just part of the lore of our game.  Poco also uses one.

Some background on her design:

http://pewpuupalace.tumblr.com/post/132785764742/creating-a-rival