Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Fearless Night, New Indie Fighting Game

Color me 120% interested in this game then. I'd love another fighting game where I could find near lagless matches on a constant basis with my cruddy connection.

Is roll back like GGPO?

basically, roll back is one mechanism to keep synchronization. If you are using roll back together with the more traditional synchronization system (imput delay), you probably will need a much smaller imput delay to keep things synchronized. With it, even when the ping is kind big (like 300ms), if it`s stable it will be a good experience. And yes, this is how GGPO, Supercade and RollCaster works. http://mauve.mizuumi.net/2012/07/05/understanding-fighting-game-networking/

SHUT UP

AND TAKE MY MOONIES!!!!

Just tell me how much I have to toss at the screen to get Kappa officially playable ; -;

But definitely when you guys go for this I'll use the fullest extent of my powers to shove it into everyone's face and ears .o.

Now with a 4 character minimal goal, [science forbid] you only hit that mark, will the finished product be released with a small installation fee or as a free title (possibly backed by donations, "hey you enjoyed the game? Why not show appreciation?" this type of system actually works fairly well as people will support what they like)? Also do you have any/enough startup capital to fully complete 1 character (Poco I'd assume) and possibly 1 stage (doesn't have to by anything too fancy) I ask because investors love demonstrations, the more polished your initial pitch is the more likely someone is to get behind it, so I think it's paramount to have at least that much to ensure maximum output from a crowd sourcing campaign. Speaking of incentives, what rewards would you offer backers? Sometimes this is just as important (if not more) in pulling in the randoms and getting the already on board to be...more on board! This is something to keep in mind since the rewards have the potential to come up for more than you initially anticipate.

Also you need to think of your preemptive strike, as this is a fighter you have a firm source to tap into as the FGC is alot more tangible than most other genre of games for indies to advertise to, you need to get some sort of article on SRK, IPW, Eventhubs, whatever will have you that the FGC public will see you, it'll be good to make your stance before the actual campaign in order to get people already thinking about your project. I know that there was an SRK article back during PAX East, but obviously some things have changed since then, so you need a modern, more direct message to the masses.

Think that's all for now, if you've already got all these angles covered than please ignore me ^^;

basically, roll back is one mechanism to keep synchronization. If you are using roll back together with the more traditional synchronization system (imput delay), you probably will need a much smaller imput delay to keep things synchronized. With it, even when the ping is kind big (like 300ms), if it`s stable it will be a good experience. And yes, this is how GGPO, Supercade and RollCaster works. http://mauve.mizuumi.net/2012/07/05/understanding-fighting-game-networking/

My one experience with GGPO(Skullgirls) was definitely a pleasant one. Even the matches with high ping felt stellar. I'm surprised not many fighting game devs try to work with rollback netcodes.

Rollbacks were a target for my engine since day 1 of Fearless Night. It already works great (even internationally). Obviously it'll continue to be tweaked to improve performance up until release.

SHUT UP

AND TAKE MY MOONIES!!!!

...;

Thanks for your advice! As far as charging after the potential kickstarter, the idea is that you would basically be buying into the alpha and receive the finished game at no additional cost. After the crowd funding campaign, anyone could still buy into the alpha, but obviously not receiving any of the rewards from the campaign.

I hope there is a character like Hilda from unib mixed with orie and eltnum......that would be interesting.......might as well put puppets into the equation as well. Ok soo Hilda + Eltnum + Orie + Puppet......intense.....

Saw what the final lineup for what the complete game would look like today. I'm getting pretty excited about our character variety!

post-1016-139515175943_thumb.jpg

You tease~

I wanted to show something else, but I got out voted. This is all I can give you for now.

Is she holding...a men's restroom sign? lol

I have a feeling that the sign is indicative of this character's true gender.

Who knows...I hope I'm wrong lol.

STICKMAN CONFIRMED FOR FN!

Ahem. Good thing that you guys have your roster fleshed out this soon, even if it's only character concepts.

I have a feeling that the sign is indicative of this character's true gender.

Who knows...I hope I'm wrong lol.

It's nice to guess, but I'm going to go ahead and say you're way off base haha.

We've made to 100 followers on Twitter so we'll be announcing a date for our 24 hour stream packed with announcements sometime soon!.

Awesome! Can't wait to see the 4th character! .o.

Also I hope one of the announcements is the definitive name of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon lol

Looks like something out of Gainax/Trigger anime. I suppose the rest must be even better if this one got rejected.

His suit sorta looks like it has a face on it, haha. Pretty fun looking design.

Looks like something out of Gainax/Trigger anime. I suppose the rest must be even better if this one got rejected.

He really wasn't rejected because the design bad necessarily. It's just that we had characters that were better suited to the game's world.

Friday, August 31 at 5pm (EST) it begins...

24 hour stream where the 4th character and no doubt other surprises will be revealed! GET HYPE!

#fearlesskappa