Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dakanya

Gundam EXVS at EVO 2013

It will likely be on twitch.tv/thebrett and we will get the stream online as soon as we can.

It will likely be on twitch.tv/thebrett and we will get the stream online as soon as we can.

Do we havr a start time for this, yet? I'm signed up for bb, gg, and exvs, so I'd like to know what's up, lol.

Gg everyone. Totally screwed up due to default buttons tho. Got double switch target instead of boost dash in critical moments. Sry@d3k for that. Gonna learn standard layout now.

Thanks to the guys for putting in the work and making this tournament happen!

Hey, sorry about that, I should have mentioned it in the thread but yeah it adds even more delay and hassle when we need to change buttons. We did it last year but decided to forgo it this year.

Thanks to everyone for making it out and putting up with all the delays and issues. I've got half a mind to start a petition and make some demands from Namco Bandai... like how we desperately need a LAN function...

Thanks to everyone who showed up, played, spectated, helped setup/takedown and brought the hype in general to make the EXVS event a huge success!

Special thanks to Shingin, PhaethonH, BBV and Jinbu for being integral parts of setup/takedown!

It was a great experience being able to meet everyone and to see so many new faces - it was pretty overwhelming.

720p footage of the entire event should be posted some time after this Saturday when I get my desktop back.

See you all next year!

Thanks to Brett and everyone else who brought the stuff for this amazing game, Never had a chance to play it before this EVO and now, I'm going to pick it up next payday.

Gonna practice Movement and set up, that way this hand of mine can continue burning red!

that way this hand of mine can continue burning red!

you know youll never hit anyone with that...... lol

yea thanks @ Brett for making gundam hype and taking me up as cannon fodder! WOOOO apologies to whoever's team I fucked up cause I SUCK!

fun game tho-- tiem ta bai

shoutouts to catching Brett as he left and and saying : you did great Marlin pie! ~_~

damn that cool ass asian hair cut

Hey, sorry about that, I should have mentioned it in the thread but yeah it adds even more delay and hassle when we need to change buttons. We did it last year but decided to forgo it this year.

Thanks to everyone for making it out and putting up with all the delays and issues. I've got half a mind to start a petition and make some demands from Namco Bandai... like how we desperately need a LAN function...

We should make some sort of fake network service that just spams positive connection reports from JP PSN from a laptop, lol.

Thanks to Brett and everyone else who brought the stuff for this amazing game, Never had a chance to play it before this EVO and now, I'm going to pick it up next payday.

Gonna practice Movement and set up, that way this hand of mine can continue burning red!

Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! Hahaha.

We should make some sort of fake network service that just spams positive connection reports from JP PSN from a laptop, lol.

What did you guys do this year exactly anyway? I was told that you had emulated PSN?

Can't you just let the PS3 join the "real" PSN and use it for matchmaking, as the game itself runs p2p over LAN/WLAN anyway?

Usually it would have been fine, the last years my sticks all had quick disconnects so I couldve adjusted that way... but I had some problems with loose cables during travel so I soldered everything this time and no chance to adjust the buttons electrically.

What did you guys do this year exactly anyway? I was told that you had emulated PSN?

Can't you just let the PS3 join the "real" PSN and use it for matchmaking, as the game itself runs p2p over LAN/WLAN anyway?

Nah, we didn't have any emulated PSN this year. If we had, I imagine things would've been far smoother.

The issue with the connection to PSN is that, even though the matches are P2P, the game still needs to check its connection status every minute or two, which leads to dropped games when one of those checks fails. An emulated JP PSN service would rectify that, but I doubt it's that easy to actually create that service.

This year, we just hooked the PS3s up to a 4G connection and tried to log on to PSN. It was a pretty unstable thing.

you know youll never hit anyone with that...... lol

yea thanks @ Brett for making gundam hype and taking me up as cannon fodder! WOOOO apologies to whoever's team I fucked up cause I SUCK!

fun game tho-- tiem ta bai

shoutouts to catching Brett as he left and and saying : you did great Marlin pie! ~_~

damn that cool ass asian hair cut

Sure I can, I just have to combo into it or get behind someone, I landed it every time I got a melee strike in.

Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! Hahaha.

Close, but wrong line. You get points for tryin though.

Cause it's loud roar tells me to grasp victory

Cause it's loud roar tells me to grasp victory

Haha, whoops. I like the other line more, though. It's so much more awesome when Domon yells it in English.

Shining Finger Sword was the best move in Gundam Versus NEXT.

Oh I know how it is Tari, Shining Finger Sword is one of my favorite moves, but seeing as EXVS God Gundam doesn't have it, I'll just settle for trying to end a match with Burning Finger so I can yell "AND NOW!!! HEAT END!" as they explode.