Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dakanya

Gundam EXVS at EVO 2013

Gundam EXVS at EVO 2013

Hey everyone, let's get started on planning the logistics for having Gundam EXVS at EVO again. Last year we somehow managed to run a successful event and but it was almost a fiasco. Now that we've done it once, we can be better prepared this year but we'll need thorough planning.

For starters, I'll list some points of discussion, things we'll need in order to run the event.

Internet connection - How are we going to get on PSN? Can we get a real wired connection? Will we able to stream?

Supervision/shifts - Everyone wants to have fun but someone responsible needs to be watching our equipment at all times. Let's talk shifts and meal breaks.

Equipment - Who's going to bring what? If we're going to have a stream, who and how?

If anyone has anything to suggest or questions to ask, please don't hesitate to post!

Tenative equipment list

Myung - table

Brett - ps3 + game + all DLC

Things I can bring or can have brought:

• PS3
  • Game
  • Full DLC
  • Streaming PC w/4 BMIs
  • ~2 Monitors (One does not have speakers)
  • Audio Mixer + 3 Microphones
  • 8 Port Gigabit Switch
  • Samsung Galaxy S3 w/4G LTE
  • Avermedia C281 (For recording raw footage from a BMI)
  • Laptop for use with an HDPVR/HDPVR-like device for recording raw footage from a BMI (Maybe Tsubasa's HDPVR?)
  • Many HDMI/Ethernet Cables
  • 3 Logitech Webcams

I'll be flying in so there isn't a lot I can bring with me but I can at the very least bring 1 ps3 + all dlc and 1 asus monitor. Evo hasn't said much about the byoc yet but apparently the byoc area is larger this time around. I'm pretty sure if ask around with the socal scene I can get a couple of guys to bring their setups too.

I'll also have some prizes and stuff I can donate into the pot for tournament too.

Well I'm going to Evo. I'll definitely be up for some EXVS. Unfortunately I can't bring anything besides a stick / : I'm open to share if your hands are clean ; )

Hey guys. Ok, so it sounds like between everyone here, we'll get 4 setups with all the DLC. That's great, as that significantly reduces the load I need to bring. In that case, I can bring a spare folding table (more handy than you'd think) as well as Magz's streaming equip in my car. That might mean we've got just about everything accounted for.

alright this is the part where I go hey if you have a team or need a team, please post so I can start coordinating signups/brackets for EVO but...

did you guys know that just spectating the entire event or just going for BYOC now requires a badge? I didn't and now it's too late to register for one.

However if you know someone who did buy a badge and isn't planning on going anymore, you could use their badge instead... I'm in the process of trying to do this right now.

Best way is to probably transfer ownership of the badge and talk to MrWizard about it.

I didn't and now it's too late to register for one.

Ignorant people unite! ./I'm still freaking out

Anyway, if you guys need even more gear, I can bring my monitor, laptop, and bmi shuttle. I sorta doubt we'll need it, but let me know if something comes up. I don't have an hdcp stripper (looking into buying one of those converters on amazon) at the moment.

I'd offer my PS3, but it's not got all the DLC, nor am I planning on buying most of it (might get Arios). There'll be a million sticks there, so me bringing mine is sorta unimportant.

This thread is fine but post anywhere you think you'll get a response imo to increase your changes... itsnameisgundam in this thread is looking for a partner. For anyone looking for a partner, you should probably write down your main suits~

We will be taking individual signups at Evo for people who would like to be placed with other players who are looking for partners.

Friday is signups/casuals/equipment test and Saturday will be the tournament.

If the 4g connection seems stable we'll run the whole thing in the BYOC but if it tends to drop matches like last year then we'll be running top 4/8 in Gamecenter's anime suite.

We will be taking individual signups at Evo for people who would like to be placed with other players who are looking for partners.

That's great.

So just appear on site friday evening?

That's great.

So just appear on site friday evening?

Friday or Saturday before the tournament starts should be fine. If you are running late or what not tweet @kazmadan @dakanya or @theloafingone

Edit: Entry looks like it will be $5 per person = $10 per team.

Edit 2: Also, if anyone would like a square avatar shown next to their names on the stream layout (see the box here: http://puu.sh/3zhCr.jpg), please e-mail it along with the entry name to theloafingone@gmail.com

Thanks!