Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

woppels

Hey I'm New and Want to get better with Tager

Learn combos first lol. Then learn to block.When I was playing old CT...the thing that I used to do is play against my friend and I used to spend the entire match blocking and IBing everything.

nah, blocking is more important than combos. well, you need both but you can be a training room hero and do all the combos and be terrible at the game because you just die.

learn to block, learn to punish, learn to capitalize on those punishes.

You should learn to Instant Block people's attacks and do Tager's invincible command grabs inbetween the gaps in their attacks.

Genesic Emerald Tager Buster (spin the stick twice and press C) is fully invincible while Gigantic Tager Driver (spin the stick once and press A) is invincible from the second frame onwards (It has a very brief moment of vulnerability at the start of the attack).

^ Using stylish mode makes doing these motions easier because you only have to press one button to do the grabs.

Instant Blocking (IB) is when you press back just before an attack hits (you will flash white). This lets you recover faster and can create punishable gaps in a long string of attacks.

Genesic Emerald Tager Buster (spin the stick twice and press C) is fully invincible while Gigantic Tager Driver (spin the stick once and press A) is invincible from the second frame onwards (It has a very brief moment of vulnerability at the start of the attack).

360A is invincible from the third frame.

aka it's useless against meaties.

360B has no invincibility but it's almost twice as fast, and recovers much much faster. Not to mention it does a good chunk more damage. Always use 360B to punish instead of 360A when possible.

A key aspect of Tager is never failing to magnetize an opponent with your combo. You should never end a successful string of attacks without magnetizing them somehow. Without magnetism, you lose. (unless your opponent is really really bad)

Get used to backstepping and punishing with a command throw.

Get used to blocking on wakeup as well. That's right, blocking. Tager still has to know how to block things. You can only really improve this by getting MU experience with all the different pressure strings out there. Tager's 360A is a powerful tool for forcing opponents to make all their pressure strings gapless, which is usually not very difficult to block either. If they put a gap in their pressure, 360 or 720 their ass to oblivion. A lot of people hate Tager for this reason (they call it 360 spamming instead of asking themselves what they're doing wrong)

Is doing 360A as a wakeup reversal really a bad idea? I rarely see anyone doing legit meaties, probably thanks to delayed techs and techrolls etc.

Also, I hear busters do more damage if you mash the Xbox360 home button.

Is doing 360A as a wakeup reversal really a bad idea? I rarely see anyone doing legit meaties, probably thanks to delayed techs and techrolls etc.

depends on the player. on one extreme, there are those who arent so great/dont know the matchup/made an error somewhere, and then there's the complete opposite of those points. either way, someone is going to be in serious pain, and it could be you.

@OP with tager you want to know some spacing and footsies as well as how to get and keep momentum. you dont get many chances to hit a decent player and you usually get only one chance against a good one. you must think about everything you do and if it'll net you an advantage, and the risks (only somewhat mitigated by his high health and comeback factor), this matters to tager because most of his matchups tend to favor his opponent.