Sign in to follow this  
Beat_By-X

BBCP on PS4 ?

I have heart the PS4 can read PS3 game.

So it will be possible to buy BBCP on PS3 et play with PS4 with fantastique online speed ???????????

PSN compatible on PS3 et PS4 ???

Last time I checked PS4 won't have retro compatibility with PS3 games.

However, if they also release a PS4 version of CP, I can imagine you'll be able to play with PS3 fellows with no problem. Or well, just a guess, since Vita CSEX has no online play with PS3 players

They specifically said during the PS4 reveal presentation that it won't read PS3 games.

I really doubt ArcSys will port the game over the PS4. Accent Core came out long after the PS3 came out in Japan and it took until 6 months ago to get a port to PS3.

Also the game being on the PS4 wouldn't instantly mean solid online. If it was compatible with the PS3 version, then netplay would have to be exactly the same.

It would be very easy for them to port it to PS4. Arcade was written in PC code. That said unless they announce something at e3 for it then maybe they'll give a digital release for PS4 being the console release for BBCP is around the time we are expecting the new consoles. Like others stated netcode would be the same, but it running on a better system might improve any lag caused by CPU spikes (we all noticed that if you have too much shit on the screen at once). BBCP is going to have a in game chat so we don't have to worry about any lag cause by using PS3's horrible chat program while playing online.

Apparently PS4 has dedicated memory solely for the GUI so opening the PS menu during gameplay or recieving messages etc. will no longer have any effect on the actual game, at least according to Sony.

I like the fact that last few hours of any game being played on the ps4 will be recorded automatically...everyone will expose everyone else. It shall be awesome.

I like the fact that last few hours of any game being played on the ps4 will be recorded automatically...everyone will expose everyone else. It shall be awesome.

Did you see how a feature will be implemented for developers to block video capture of specific sequence in games? All games will be recordable except ones with AH in them.

You'll probably be able to stream it on PS4 through Gaikai, but... I think there are decent odds of that being a nightmare.

As has been pointed out, PS4 will not read PS3 games. In fact, odds are it will never be able to play them except as a "Cloud game" via Gaikai, which would be horribad for a fighting game. Take all your internet latency and multiply it by 4! Woo!

Since they haven't announced BB for PS4, it seems a safe bet to say that this version, at least, will NOT be coming to that platform. EOA.

It would be very easy for them to port it to PS4. Arcade was written in PC code. That said unless they announce something at e3 for it then maybe they'll give a digital release for PS4 being the console release for BBCP is around the time we are expecting the new consoles. Like others stated netcode would be the same, but it running on a better system might improve any lag caused by CPU spikes (we all noticed that if you have too much shit on the screen at once). BBCP is going to have a in game chat so we don't have to worry about any lag cause by using PS3's horrible chat program while playing online.

Not necesarily true, if the architecture of the hardware is different enough it can be quite complicated to make a port, the ps4 uses amd while the nesica uses intel iirc.

Did you see how a feature will be implemented for developers to block video capture of specific sequence in games? All games will be recordable except ones with AH in them.

AH?

Edited by Hecatom

Exactly what I was thinking. They should make it a digital release on PS4.

Je crois pas que tu vas pouvoir jouer a tes jeux de PS3 sur la PS4, pour jouer a BBCP il te faudra une PS3 malheureusement. Et le PSN va aussi etre offert sur la PS4 mais pas gratuitement, tu peux toujours te croiser les doigts sur une sortie pour le Playstation Store.

Edited by Bibiquadium

Exactly what I was thinking. They should make it a digital release on PS4.

Yea i'm sure they can do digital download like Microsoft tries to do day 1 downloads and PSN has been known to do that before so i think we can see a PSN title like a year down the line, but then DLC becomes questionable.

If the franchise continues to create income and valuable increase for the company I see no reason why they would allow it to die prematurely instead of giving it the Xrd treatment or something along those lines-- why do you think there are forever amounts of call of duty? constant sequels of movies and reboots?

RIP Megaman Legends. You were mistreated by a horrible horrible company.

Anyway I don't see CP coming out on the PS4, this version at least. Perhaps by the 5th or so installment.

^ mostly what I meant --

@ Yukikaze -- thats more of an exception than the rule--- there are far far more examples of a series being lived out as long as they can by the respective companies that own them