Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Someoneman

E's Laf

First complete B-Serena combo, 1 bar:

(Starting position) 2B > 5C > 6D > 214A(w)~D > 214A > 5D > 6[6]C > j.214A > 5B > 5D > 6C(3) > 214A > 5B > j.D > dj.IAD > j.B > j.C > 5A > j.B > j.D > dj.IAD > j.B > j.C > j.D > j.214A~C= 3.1K (Performed against Cecil)

I'll upload a video in the morning. I'm still working on some meterless stuff, but it's harder to get good damage that way. :/ She's super fun though.

EDIT: Literally found this as soon as I posted:

(Starting position) 2B > 5C > 5D > 6[6]C > j.214A > 5B > 5D > j.D > dj.IAD > j.B > j.C > 5B > j.D > dj.IAD > j.B > j.C > 5A > j.B > j.D > dj.IAD > j.B > j.C > j.D > j.214A~C= 3.1K

This one causes a orange dot to appear under the combo counter though, so I'm not sure if it's completely legit or not, though they don't tech out with the ground/air tech settings on. :v:

I think Alcott might actually be the heaviest. All my Cielo combos work on everyone else, but they tend to whiff on him because he hits the ground so early.

I put a bunch of info on the A-Serena wiki page: http://eslaf.wikia.com/wiki/Serena_A

Not many combos there. I spent most of my time learning the properties of her moves, and all of her TC movement options. I think the midscreen combos are pretty good though. Translation still needed for a couple of her moves (I no can haz kanji).

This game is so deep. @_@

You can hold C and hit forward or backward to throw faster during a blockstring, or in a combo. (Example: A-Serena 2A(2) > 6C doesn't combo, but 2A(2) > [C]6 does) This only seems to work with throws though.

Turns out B-Serena can kara-cancel her 214A into B/C, which lets her do a meterless 214A T-Cancel, but you can't do it after a gatling, as it will T-Cancel automatically.

A-Serena also has an odd kara-cancel, doing 214C~B you get 214B, but with 214C startup. This let's things that normally wouldn't combo into 214B combo, like 2C.

Also, has anyone COMPLETELY confirmed what the dots under the combo counter specify? I assumed it meant the combo was techable, and that the training dummy couldn't do it, but I noticed some moves cause them to show up automatically. (A-Serena's 2C) And that makes me wonder what they really mean, and if combos that cause them to appear are actually legit or not, as it opens up a lot of combo paths I thought were false.

I still have no idea how combos work in this game, to be honest. You apparently keep your combo count through all of the recovery frames of the opponent's tech, so I was finding crazy combos where I could keep picking them up OTG in the corner regardless of whether they teched or not. Starter doesn't appear to affect hitstun decay at all, nor does counterhit status. The main limitation appears to be the SMP system, and the fact that burst gauge builds pretty rapidly while you're getting hit, so at some point it's better to end the combo for 300 less damage and not give them the meter.

"Falls asleep" and "Lays down" are different descriptions, though. I assumed at when you wrote "lays down" something more akin to Fei Long's taunt in SFIV, personally.

Yes but Rachel just falls asleep in place, Qdora actually lies down (as opposed to falling asleep crouching in place) and completely changes her hurtbox, which is why I (tried) to make the distinction clear.

I think Alcott might actually be the heaviest. All my Cielo combos work on everyone else, but they tend to whiff on him because he hits the ground so early.

Oh that wasn't for weight, that was for height, because some High attacks affect crouchers differently.

Also, has anyone COMPLETELY confirmed what the dots under the combo counter specify? I assumed it meant the combo was techable, and that the training dummy couldn't do it, but I noticed some moves cause them to show up automatically. (A-Serena's 2C) And that makes me wonder what they really mean, and if combos that cause them to appear are actually legit or not, as it opens up a lot of combo paths I thought were false.

Hmm, I always assumed it was Extended Stun (like Stagger and Slide) as with Tae the only time I got them was when I used a move that gave off those properties in the middle of combos, but Serena A's 2C does seem to have Stagger... Curiouser and curiouser... Sisca A gets 2 from her 2C, which is the better of her launchers D:

Also in additional to j.D it seems Tae can TC her j.2D on hit too~ Which is awesome since it one of her few moves that give hard knockdown and I can see some interesting things done with it = 3=

Also Counter Boosts are crazy, you can do them during throws and supers, but if your attacks has good recovery you can actually block the strike. And my god...the damage display, so many numbers and moonrunes @.@

So, now that I've actually played 1.0, Alcott seems to have changed a bit.(Characters changing throughout patches? Blasphemy.) I'll have to tinker some more with him, but it appears the old days of 5K midscreen meterless are gone. I've also been tinkering a bit with Cecil. He seems interesting. Best I've been able to get meterless with him has been 2600ish, though. I feel playing Alcott has warped my concept of what average damage is. That might not actually be all that bad.

So, now that I've actually played 1.0, Alcott seems to have changed a bit.(Characters changing throughout patches? Blasphemy.) I'll have to tinker some more with him, but it appears the old days of 5K midscreen meterless are gone. I've also been tinkering a bit with Cecil. He seems interesting. Best I've been able to get meterless with him has been 2600ish, though. I feel playing Alcott has warped my concept of what average damage is. That might not actually be all that bad.

Highest damage I was able to get with Alcott in the corner the day I downloaded it was 5.3K (I think, it might've been 5.2K) from a 5C starter and with two bars. =/

5C > 5D > 4C > 236D > 4C > 5C > 5D > 6D > 5A > 5B > 6A > 5C > 2C > sj.AxN > j.B

Interesting...

You can Counter Boost the moment you are Guard Crushed, originally wasn't sure how useful this would be, but it seems you can still preform like normal after a crush with the exception of being unable to guard until the meter goes down. What's interesting is the character gains a neutral crush frame which replaces their standing neutral frames during the condition. Although it doesn't appear you can crouch you can still do crouching attacks. Also when you get crushed from actually guarding you are knocked back regardless of the properties of the move that crushed you, however if you are "crushed" from a Counter Hit (which fills the gauge some, initial hit only) you react the normal way (Push back, Stagger, Slide, etc). Getting crushed by CH while crouching also doesn't force the neutral crush frame on you at all, you just remain crouching with the stars. (oh and it seems Caligula will sometimes loose his remaining neutral standing frames after recovery, making him appear frozen, but he seems to be just fine and reacts normally)

Also it seems everyone but Main, Cielo, and Cecil are in a crouch state during their neutral crush frame, this may also be a special crouch state for some as Reviel could evade High attacks he normally wasn't while Cletia was able to evade a Mid she normally couldn't...

Also Counter Boosting an opponent's Counter Boost, legit lol.

I'm never going to get a chance to actually play this game ; w;

EDIT: Oh you can do TCs with any direction, this has come in handy now that I'm doing stuff with Tae's j.2D making it easier to just hold down lol. Seems you kind of have to roll it to get the maximum use out of diagonals (like jumping immediately or crouch blocking immediately without having to transition from neutral to those states)

By the way, this might be already known but I don't think it's been posted yet, many moves deal different damage depending on whether the opponent is crouching/standing/jumping. Good luck finding all of those values if you're a perfectionist.

many moves deal different damage depending on whether the opponent is crouching/standing/jumping. Good luck finding all of those values if you're a perfectionist.

I'm...never going to play this game .__.

Later today I was going to examine properties of crouching, so good to know to look out for dmg values...

Cecil isnt on the Wiki ;_;

Id be willing to add the info I have but I can't add him myself.

Wow, how did I miss that lol!? Well consider the issue fixed :3

Yeah also fixed something that was bothering me about my base templates lol

But if you have any questions you can check out the Tae and Serena A pages as those are the only ones that have been filled any, or just ask = w=b

Probably will fill in the system pages this weekend/next week since i want to take updated pictures.

cecil's a monster, 6c>(walk)6d>236b~a>walk 2c>(walk)5c>66c>c.b>6a>j.b>j.c>j.d>air dash>j.a>j.b>j.d>delay 214aaa does 4.8k meterless lol

Yeah, Urichinan, he used to be able to do stupid stuff like 5C6CC 236C 6CC 6C(Whiff)C for like 4800 meterless. I guess it wasn't midscreen, though. He needed one bar for EX Brick Wall.

this seems like fun

reinhard looks the most fun to me so far. but since apparently no one has even mentioned him as far as 'heres a combo' im on my own for figuring it out.

this will be a fun side thing to try out. :D - is there an irc or something where people talk about the game/try to netplay?

this seems like fun

reinhard looks the most fun to me so far. but since apparently no one has even mentioned him as far as 'heres a combo' im on my own for figuring it out.

this will be a fun side thing to try out. :D - is there an irc or something where people talk about the game/try to netplay?

(Corner vs. Serena) 5B > 6A > 5C > j.C > 5D > j.214C > 5D > 6A > 5C > 236A > 5D > 6A > 5C > j.B > j.C > 2D > 2C is like 2.8K I think.

hot damn, so thats how you combo into 5c without using a d to fix the gap.

alright then, neato. thank you.

lol cecil ch 6c>6c>6d>66a>236236a>2c>5c>66c>c.b>j.b>j.c>j.d>delay 214aaa>236236b does 8.2k

Holy shit this character is lol.

I just found out the air version of A-Serena's 214A is jump cancellable on block, so you can TK it during pressure and it's a completely safe instant overhead. JC it then 2D to fastfall into j.D / 2B mixup, or airdash away, or airdash forward, or both!

Also, 214B is seriously the best move in the game. I have to believe it's either bugged or the designer is on drugs. Unfortunately, Uri, I haven't found a midscreen combo that utilizes the kara trick you mentioned because it looks like you don't retain your air movement options after kara canceling it that way. 214C~B > 214A > D does work, but it costs meter and ends the combo I think. Have you found a way to use it?

I thought you lost your air movement options after the kara 214B as well, but if you wait for a split second you can still use them. The timing is really awkward on it, but it's possible. I didn't really test much further on it though, as I've been working on B-Serena stuff.

Here we go:

2B > 5C > 214A > 5B > 2C(3) > 214C~B > j.B > (land) > j.6A(2) > j.B > JC > j.A > j.B > j.C > j.D >214A - 2531, corner to corner carry

2B > 5C(FC) > 5D > 214A > 5B > 2C(3) > 214C~B > j.B > (land) > j.6A(2) > j.B > JC > j.A > j.B > j.C > j.D > 214A - 3554 1bar, corner to corner carry

I can't figure out what to do in the corner yet, her gatlings aren't great and she doesn't have many ways to get them into the air.