Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AtTheGates

Venom

Hey bro, can u give me some tips about this match-up? I just happened to run into a Venom player (which is very rare in my community) and every time he got a knockdown on me, balls are everywhere. And if I'm cornered he can totally lock me down, cant jump, cant tele, just block, so frustrating...Well, sorry for my whining but I need help, mod :(

Venom's a strong matchup for chipp, at worst it's 5:5.

He needs space to set up, so just keep pressure on him, and bait his uppercut.

Maybe I remember wrong, but I don't recall any pressure string he has that Chipp can't 6P or beta blade out of at some point...

Also 6P and 2d are really safe pokes vs a great majority of venom's attacks =P

against venom:

do:

teleport or teleport frc when you see him getting reckless (=too many ball summons fullscreen etc.)

don't:

don't use air teleport when he can simply close S (anti air in this situation which beats both the HS and D teleports) or simply air throw you because you're getting predictable

do:

5HS when he abuses mad struggle (j.236S/hs)

don't:

don't try using 6P against mad struggle or j:HS when he is above you

do:

slashback dubious curve (the move where he slams a ball down on your head with a lot of startup)

don't:

...don't attack after the slashback if he tends to frc dubi a lot (unlikely).

do:

FD-block his 2D, punish if the 2nd hit whiffs (if he doesn't cancel it after the first hit anyway)

do:

use your best combos for bigger hitboxes, such as [combo into 2D,236S,HS...] and [corner combo into 2HS,41236K, delay D,\/,relaunch..]

He needs space to set up, so just keep pressure on him, and bait his uppercut.

uppercut? Oô - are you talking about his 6P? if so, yes, you should definitely avoid getting hit by that one - gigantic hitbox, and leads into knockdown + ball setups.

The thing where he dashes forward and spins his stick above his head.

Idk what it is but the local venom player loved that move and I loved punishing it.

The thing where he dashes forward and spins his stick above his head.

Idk what it is but the local venom player loved that move and I loved punishing it.

no venom who knows what he's doing would use that move as abare, you could use that time for ball setups and other stuff. it's almost exclusively used for combos (knockdown) and here and there for some really exotic slashback baits and such.

[corner combo into 2HS,41236K, delay D,\/,relaunch..]

You can relaunch if you j.D someone close enough to the ground? So you'd do something like landing j.D > c.S > HS > IAD combo?

Seems like reply is bugged for me.

anyway, in the combo you posted, 41236K, delay D is the delayed forcebreak, not a delayed j.D.

for relaunch combos after j.D, check out this one:

vs. Sol, corner:

(combo into..)2D, 1f-delay 236S, d.5P, j.D,236P, FRC, wait, j.D while falling, \/, S,HS, iad.j.P,D,alpha.

samitto actually does this in matches. it's really hard.