Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinjin

[Xrd] News & (Theoretical) Gameplay Discussion

You guys dooooo realize all YouTube videos are at 30 FPS right? Unless you're watching it on nico it's gonna feel slower than normal :V

It's a trailer, calm down about 'speeding it up'.

I died and came back to life because this news, though i am kinda disillusioned that the game is in 3d, hopefully they wouldn't dumb down GG

It doesn't matter: After so long, it will never meet a lot of people's expectations and you know it.

That's just how gamers are. Especially older ones - including myself in some ways.

Just try to enjoy it. It's a new fucking guilty gear

I like what I see, TBH - they actually showed us quite a bit with just the announcement video. There's a lot they can do with this as is, and if they do it right they can benefit from everything they learned in BlazBlue.

This is nuts - really. How is this company so productive?

It's 5D. The camera Changes during 5D launch.

yeah, I forgot this was GG we were talking about and my brain got stupid =P post deleted

So now I wonder if this will take place before or after GG2 or both. Ky's got longer hair again.

Then again with 3d models, they can just swap costumes for different time frames.

Very exciting.

I've probably watched this trailer about five times in a row right now, this looks too amazing. I like how the trailer's subbed in English from the get go. I wasn't sure how serious Arc really was about establishing their Western presence, since their NA website was pretty much barebones, but now I know they really mean it.

Now the inevitable wait for the release upon which old heads will condemn the shit out of this game because it wasn't the one they asked for.

I think we can definitely see this forum become more active over the coming months.

I'm open to the aesthetic change as long as the gameplay remains good.

I just hope the system is the same, while updating it as well.

Also, they better dub this. GG is long overdue for one.

I'm open to the aesthetic change as long as the gameplay remains good.

This.

3D, 2D, I don't care as long as it's just as deep, varied, and thoughtful within terms of the actual game as AC.

My body was not ready for this at all.

But still, hype levels through the roof.

So now I wonder if this will take place before or after GG2 or both. Ky's got longer hair again.

Then again with 3d models, they can just swap costumes for different time frames.

Very exciting.

Ky's costume really looks like it's halfway between GGX and GG2.

Then again, you have to wonder if it's just that the designs are meant to feel like the original designs.

So, I'm thinking that they're getting this perfect cel-shading effect by using individual states for each frame of animation, with none of the tweening you usually see in 3D animation, except for when 3D effects are actually being used. This gives it a hand-animated look. Couple that with each model (and frame) getting individual lighting (which doesn't interact with environment lighting or other models) so that the shading is always precise. And the FX and hitsparks appear to be 2D, though sometimes rotated at angles.

And let's give some props to that song, too. Incredible. I hope more of the game's tracks have quality vocals like that.

I don't care that much about Guilty Gear, but hot damn, did htis trailer hype me!

I swear, May has been month of hype for me.

I must admit,I never had guessed how they were going to do third main GG fighting game without having an induenno in the title.

The new look is going to get a LOT of hate.

Judging by the reactions here and in the youtube comment section, it seems like it won't.

I personally do find it ugly, and just hope they don't replace hand-drawn sprites with these models in all of the following ASW titles...

"A new era for Arc System Works is coming"

:vbang:

Well that easily made me stop caring about BBCP. I'm just dumbstruck that a HD GG is finally happening.

I can't wait to see how the rest of the cast got redesigned.