Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinjin

[Xrd] News & (Theoretical) Gameplay Discussion

Can we assume that a console release will be on the next generation consoles?

It proably will get ports for next gen consoles, but other RingEdge 2 games have been ported to current gen consoles so I don't think it'll be an issue.

When did Sol's sword became zippo lighter?

sometime between now and awesome

---

Love the new look. Character designs look even more over the top, it's in 3D but it looks exactly like the 2D sprite style, it looks like it has the same feel, it is the same speed (why do people think it looks slower? check Sol's dustloop, it's the exact same timing as ever), it seems like they even made it so the animation skips frames so it gives the feel of 2D animation, that's really clever.

As for gameplay, it seems like clashes will play a more important part in the game, and it looks like if a clash happens, the one who used a button of lesser strength will be left at a disadvantage with his guard open.

Could' ve sworn there was an article on shoryuken saying daisuke would never use 3D models

Could' ve sworn there was an article on shoryuken saying daisuke would never use 3D models

The 1st GG was designed as a 3d fighting game you know

That seems really unlikely, since the original prototype version of Guilty Gear: The Missing Link was prerendered 3D, and Guilty Gear 2 was 3D. Back in 2011 he said "2D is best for now."

SRK posts lies.

I'm not going to say 3D models would have been my first choice for a new GG, but I understand why they're taking this direction. And hell, if you're going to make 3D models for a game with 2D gameplay, this is the way to do it. The static shading, the black outlines around the different shapes... This is among the best attempts I've ever seen by a company to make 3D models that attempt to emulate the look of traditional animation cels. If this was some Street Fighter 4 bullshit then I might have reservations, but the graphics genuinely look good to me. The models still need some work, but one of the good things about polygonal models is that you can change and update them midway or even late into development. Another good thing: ALTERNATE COSTUMES, BABY! Fuck yo downloadable color packs, sprite-based fighters!

I'm hyped for this. So much so that I can almost forgive ASW for basically tossing ACP+R to the curb. Their half-assing the home ports at least makes more sense now, though it's still a shame. At least +R is no longer the series' swan song.

Anyone noticed the cross on Sol's stomache when he uses his fire wave? Check the stills.

It's just a new part of his character design.

He's had similar cross designs on his clothing in some of Ishiwatari's other illustrations.

ebevcg.jpg

I heard "3d models" and was like "what no."

Then I saw it in action.

Why can't I hold all these boners.

Bombshell news I see here! What do you guys think of this new GG, will it be a continuation, or will be a Reboot? I think a reboot would be better to organize the story of GG and connect some loose ends! A Reboot would be very good for both veterans and beginners and i think Justice as the final boss in the best thing possible for this game. I hope that most of the old cast back, though I find it hard all the old characters show up, and also hope that there is 1-2 new characters.

Wiki article added: http://guilty-gear.wikia.com/wiki/Guilty_Gear_Xrd_-SIGN-

I would appreciate it if you guys give me more info needed for the page, or edit it yourself if you want to.

Nice job there!

Bombshell news I see here! What do you guys think of this new GG, will it be a continuation, or will be a Reboot? I think a reboot would be better to organize the story of GG and connect some loose ends! A Reboot would be very good for both veterans and beginners and i think Justice as the final boss in the best thing possible for this game. I hope that most of the old cast back, though I find it hard all the old characters show up, and also hope that there is 1-2 new characters.

I think it will take place after +R but before GG2. I don't think a reboot is necessary, GG's story is much more streamlined that BB's mental plot with it's time travelling.

I think that they will try to add the entire cast, otherwise everyone would be pissed.

I just hope the character redesigns aren't too drastic for any other characters. If anyone gets a full on costume change I can only hope it looks good like Millia's.

Hey, if Eddie is in, there's no reason any other character doesn't get included, the guy is supposed to be dead for how much time, now?

I guess i will not see Justice this time, so i hope they will add Slayer at least (or Dat Man)

(edit: oh, i forgot about Jam)

I just hope the character redesigns aren't too drastic for any other characters. If anyone gets a full on costume change I can only hope it looks good like Millia's.

Although I am glad they're doing some redesigns. I was afraid it'd be like SF4 where none of the characters changed (but this was for nostalgia reasons though).

That could always use that "cheaply made replica" excuse to bring back Justice or better yet just make a new character that plays like her so they don't have to retcon her out of the grave.

I think all characters will make it in. Except maybe Kliff and Justice. And if they bring her back, I hope her playstyle will get revamped to be like her old style but more balanced, not this can't dash +R crap.