Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iminthenet2

Japan Thread - Otakus UNITE!

Hey, so.

I may be visiting/temp living in Japan at some point in the nearish future. I am trying to figure out where the fuck I might be interested in staying during that time, and one of my considerations is that I would love to find a decent Guilty arcade to call home. Since I'll probably be balls-deep in XRD I think that's a noble endeavor all things considered.

Any advice on where some of my best options would be to post up for that sort of thing? Or any location recommendations if I'm looking for a city/area that is semi-kinda-affordable but still in proximity to Good Shit in general?

Thanks for any advice duders

I live over by Takadanobaba and that is where Mikado is at, so that is up your alley.

That and there is some reasonably priced living areas on the Seibu-Shinjuku line that you get transfer to the JR line or Toei. Hella convenient for transportation and gaming. Even gots lots of places to go drinking and decent girls.

Games, girls, booze, easy way to get back home or love hotel... you are set.

Hi guys. Gonna try this again lol.

I'm in Shibuya from yesterday till July. I only play AC+ and training mode xrd. If you just wanna hang out that's cool too. Lemme know

Hi guys. Gonna try this again lol.

I'm in Shibuya from yesterday till July. I only play AC+ and training mode xrd. If you just wanna hang out that's cool too. Lemme know

We could hit up Mikado tonight if you are free. I can only stay until 2100 though. need to get back for some league of legends....

Actually, can't do tonight. I have a 1900 meeting that wont finish until at least 2000 and I have to be home for the kids tonight.

Hi! I will live in Osaka until fall 2015. Just started out with Xrd three days ago and before that I played quite a lot of +R. If anyone is up for some games just send me a message. Current main I-No in both games though I am having second thoughts about Xrd I-No. 

Everyone, I forgot to tell you all about this, but sad news, I don't live in Japan anymore. Months ago, I lost my job, my SOFA status got terminated, and I am not allowed to live in Japan any longer. Right now, I'm living in Los Angeles, California. I may no longer follow this thread/topic anymore. I thought I was going to live in Japan as long as I want until this happened.

I missed Japan very very VERY much. They got the most awesome arcades I have ever seen; they got the greatest amount of fighting games for anyone to play.

I don't like America that much, because their arcades are between boring and extinct, I cannot find gamers who REALLY play fighting games, and I cannot find any fighting game tournaments around where I live.

I might quit playing fighting games and move on to something else. :(

What's up nerds!

I'm in Yokosuka area for the next two years, and I wanna find some people to play P4AU with. I don't mind traveling to Tokyo since it's not that far, but it would have to be on the weekends.

If any of y'all want my cell number, just shoot me a message and we can work something out. I'm also not opposed to just drinking and hanging out either, whatever floats y'alls boat.

You don't have to go up to Tokyo for fighting games, thankfully. Yokohama has a great arcade scene with all the major arcades conveniently next to each other, right outside of JR Yokohama east exit.

Freedom: USFIV, 3S, DFC

Pasopiard: USFIV, Tekken, DOA, GG, KOF

Taito Station: Gundam, BB, P4U

I usually go up to Yokohama on weekday nights, leaving the Tokyo venturing for the weekend. I'm headed for the US this weekend, but I'll be back in March if you ever want to hang.

You don't have to go up to Tokyo for fighting games, thankfully. Yokohama has a great arcade scene with all the major arcades conveniently next to each other, right outside of JR Yokohama east exit.

Freedom: USFIV, 3S, DFC

Pasopiard: USFIV, Tekken, DOA, GG, KOF

Taito Station: Gundam, BB, P4U

I usually go up to Yokohama on weekday nights, leaving the Tokyo venturing for the weekend. I'm headed for the US this weekend, but I'll be back in March if you ever want to hang.

Cool man. Thanks for the info. I'll definitely hit you up in the spring.

Of course, I'm here for anyone else who wants to play!

Hey, I recently picked up Xrd again with the console release, and I'm looking for more people to grind with online. I live in hokkaido but I get perfectly fine connections to people in Tokyo. My psn name is Hintalove.

Got a couple people I play with currently, but it would be great to get a wider group!

Hey, I recently picked up Xrd again with the console release, and I'm looking for more people to grind with online. I live in hokkaido but I get perfectly fine connections to people in Tokyo. My psn name is Hintalove.

Got a couple people I play with currently, but it would be great to get a wider group!

I will be playing with HintaLOVE, I really suck and am picking up GG... i am a 3s and USF4 player, so sorry if my games are like fighting the cpu on easy XD

Hey everyone, me and my friend just got GG XRD -SIGN- for PS3 and we are going to grind some games out. This is for the Japan scene and we will be on the Tokyo server.

For more info/PSN ID/etc. Check out these pages:

I will be playing with HintaLOVE, I really suck and am picking up GG... i am a 3s and USF4 player, so sorry if my games are like fighting the cpu on easy XD

Hey everyone, me and my friend just got GG XRD -SIGN- for PS3 and we are going to grind some games out. This is for the Japan scene and we will be on the Tokyo server.

For more info/PSN ID/etc. Check out these pages:

I'm in.  I just got the game recently, but I used to play a lot of GG, so I might be ok.  Also, in Hyogo, and connection isn't always great, but it should be fine most of the time.  Also I'm playing a lot for now, but don't know if I'll be able to keep it up or not.  Anyway, I'll add you guys and we'll see how it goes.

I'm in. I just got the game recently, but I used to play a lot of GG, so I might be ok. Also, in Hyogo, and connection isn't always great, but it should be fine most of the time. Also I'm playing a lot for now, but don't know if I'll be able to keep it up or not. Anyway, I'll add you guys and we'll see how it goes.

Great to hear! I'll be on tonight after work.

Yo qwerty, you still live in Yokosuka? I moved to Japan a few months ago, living in Yokohama area for now but moving soon to idk where. Ill be in Japan next two years tho.

I do. I'm pretty busy as of late but I will randomly show up to Pasopiard during the week sometimes.

Kool yeah ive been there a few times so far.  Busy here too between work and finals at school the next few weeks but I'll send you my line for the future.

hello, anyone happens to know what are the main arcades for Guilty Gear and Blazblue in nagoya?

For anyone who's interested, I'll be hosting monthly events at my place in Yokohama. I've already hosted a few and they've been great, but more people are always a welcome addition. Everyone that's attended so far plays +R, but I have pretty much every game and don't mind playing anything.