Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iminthenet2

Japan Thread - Otakus UNITE!

I live in Japan. Do you live in Japan? If you do, you are welcome to discuss about fighting games on this thread. Feel free to add each others usernames on the Playstation Network and/or Xbox Live if you want. We can also meet at the arcades. (I only speak in English. I'm learning Japanese)

- Let's play Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, Persona 4 Arena, etc!

- Let's compete at local tournaments!

- Let's eat sushi, ramen, gyoza, and rice!

- Let's watch animes and read mangas!

Thank You! ARIGATO! :keke:

There's going to be 2 BlazBlue Chronophantasma tournaments at Taito Station, Machida. The first tournament will be at June 9 and the second tournament will be at June 14. I don't know what time will they start, but I recommend going there before Taito Station opens at morning. I'm SUPER excited to participate! XD

Nope. I live in Yokosuka, but as of right now I have a fairly busy schedule and don't have much time for games. The time I do have is usually on short notice, so I don't waste any time in getting to Mikado. :P

Thing is dude, it's really not that hard to meet people here. A little Japanese goes a long way, and even then, a good portion of fighting game players can speak at least a little English. Satou (as in the Johnny player) is damn near fluent, but even the players I've met that can't speak English can usually make out my broken, textbook Japanese. Hell, I even met another foreigner the first time I went to Mikado, lol.

Stop being so nervous/self conscious and talk to people! Worst that can happen is you end up learning a little Japanese.

Actually qwerty, I did made friends. One of them works at the Taito Station arcades. I'm not nervous, I already know how to talk to people.

I didn't mean to sound condescending, it's just something that can happen easily (and something I experienced to a lesser extent, at first).

But yeah, unfortunately I'm not gonna be in Japan for the next few months. I'll be returning in November though.

I am Namba, Osaka. Anybody around there? D:

Thats close to me even though i live in kyoto. Im in osaka every week.

Taito station, avion and athena. Monte50 is nice and cheap 59yen per credit.

But ill mainly be at acho since thats where its at

I mainly go to Athena and Nipponbashi Taito Station.

I've never been to acho though.

If you live in namba you can jump on the hankyu and the last stop towards in the direction of kyoto is kawaramachi eki where acho is at.

Is that where all the excitement is at? I'll definitely go when I am free closer towards the winter holidays.

Yeah its hype. Theres always someone playing on the cabs any time during the day.

Sure. I'll try to remember to hit you up or something when I am free then and have the chance to go down there. Gotta see if I'm going down to Okayama around the same time or not.

i'm in a small little town kinda close to fukuoka city, anyone near there? i'm not holding out much hope honestly :c

there's a little arcade in fukuoka city by the bus station that has NESICA cabs, but the one time i went i couldn't find anyone. i'll try again soon i suppose!

I live at pretty far away from Tokyo. I think it's called Kanagawa, I forgot.

Just so you know, Kanagawa is right next to Tokyo. Unless you live in Tokyo, it doesn't get much closer than that.

Machida is a city in Tokyo also, just not the part of 26 central districts of Tokyo.

If you're in Kanagawa, you should definitely make it up to Yokohama. There's a lot of arcades right next to the station, my favorite being Freedom.

thing about japanese arcade scene is you have to pick the right arcade for each game scene and your level.

specially popular games like SF4 or maybe BB, if you go to mecca of a perticular game, you may have hard time winning and burning your cash quick.

you may want to go to 2nd tier arcade where you find enough people playing but not filled with top players to get your money's worth time and experience.

if you are in country side, well if you can find scene for your game, or if you have access to arcade in reasonable distance, you are lucky.

Sure. I'll try to remember to hit you up or something when I am free then and have the chance to go down there. Gotta see if I'm going down to Okayama around the same time or not.

Im in avion right now burning credits kn od combos lol

oh hi guys. i didn't know there was a japan thread now. i live in a town called fukuchiyama in kyoto, but it's like 2 hours from kyoto city. i pretty much just play guilty gear. i've been to a couple of the a-cho ranbats, so i know there that is, it's just hard for me to get out there very often. i'll play on psn if anybody wants to.

oh hi guys. i didn't know there was a japan thread now. i live in a town called fukuchiyama in kyoto, but it's like 2 hours from kyoto city. i pretty much just play guilty gear. i've been to a couple of the a-cho ranbats, so i know there that is, it's just hard for me to get out there very often. i'll play on psn if anybody wants to.

That area seems very rural lol. why aren't you up in the major part of Kyoto may I ask?

I dont play GG but I'll try Xrd when its out.

when you get a job as an ALT, you usually don't get a whole lot of say as to where you want to be. i'm working on trying to move to okayama next school year, but we'll see.