Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iminthenet2

Japan Thread - Otakus UNITE!

Shit, I work until 4 tomorrow. Work is fucking me up lately lol.

Gonna be at Hey in Akihabara now. I'm gonna be really hard to point out because I'm Japanese but I play Jam.

lol

I'll be at Mikado tomorrow if anyone cares to join.

qwerty, I just noticed your avatar. I won the cocoichi spoon from the grandmother curry last week! I'm afraid to use it though, because it's too beautiful.

Zenmetsu, one minute you're in Fukuoka, the next you're in Tokyo. Where do you actually live?

All, I'm about to move to Okayama in about a month. I doubt that means anything to anyone, but just thought I'd post up the change in location in case anyone close by happens to see it.

Someone asked about active a-cho times. I think the GG tournaments start around 7 on Friday nights, but it's only every other week, so you might check the website. Also, there are tournaments and stuff from time to time. Without looking though, Friday evening any time is a pretty safe gamble I'd say.

Xrd is tomorrow, but no Testament. I'll probably try I-no or Chipp.

I will check A-cho tomorrow.

Not sure if every place will have a day 1 release though.

Fingers crossed.

i'm staying around home, but doesn't the ringedge network thing just update automatically? figured it would but...

If the arcades in Yokosuka have it already, I'd imagine it's everywhere else, too.

Sent from my PTL21 using Tapatalk

Hey everyone, I co-organize a meetup.com group for gaming in Tokyo. We will be going to Mikado tomorrow to play some games. We drink a lot too and make the night fun.

FB: https://www.facebook.com/ThrowBackTokyo

Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/ThrowBack/

FB Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/708714802512254/?ref=5&source=1

Meetup Event: http://www.meetup.com/ThrowBack/events/167812552/

I also run the Japan thread on SRK:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/186669/japan-thread-2014-now-with-nijna-super-spys-aka-the-japanese-nsa#latest

Is there anyone in Hokkaido?

I will tell my friends to hit you up on Skype when they find out where they are being placed at.

Sent from my SC-03E using Tapatalk

I was at Mikado for a bit earlier. I saw a guy who didn't look Japanese, but I was kind of in a hurry to leave (I was just there because my friend was on his way to meet me) so I didn't talk unfortunately. I was also fairly inebriated so perhaps that was for the best.

I was at Mikado for a bit earlier. I saw a guy who didn't look Japanese, but I was kind of in a hurry to leave (I was just there because my friend was on his way to meet me) so I didn't talk unfortunately. I was also fairly inebriated so perhaps that was for the best.

I was there with 3 other gaijin... I was on 3s most of the time though. I played Xrd next to some girl who had a decnt I-no... pretty good looking compared to the other girls that go in there looking beasty.

I am a white looking guy, usually in a suit, crew cut and what not. if you see me say whats up and we can go get a drink at HUB or something.

Have you seen the chick with the overbite that plays Samsho?

Have you seen the chick with the overbite that plays Samsho?

Nope... but I will keep my eye open for some chick with ukeguchi... not mi types but if they can game... makes the crowd a bit better i guess XD

I remember when I was there back during New Years, there was one chick that was getting mad at VSAV and hitting the cab

Anyone want to play some BB online? Looking for a practice partner. I live in Hokkaido but I get 3 bars at least with a bud in Osaka so we should be ok as long as it's not Okinawa!

Anyone want to play some BB online? Looking for a practice partner. I live in Hokkaido but I get 3 bars at least with a bud in Osaka so we should be ok as long as it's not Okinawa!

i may just get this for you and S....

Ggs at mikado yesterday and i even got to witness elvenshadow kick some ass at guilty gear xrd!

Hey, so.

I may be visiting/temp living in Japan at some point in the nearish future. I am trying to figure out where the fuck I might be interested in staying during that time, and one of my considerations is that I would love to find a decent Guilty arcade to call home. Since I'll probably be balls-deep in XRD I think that's a noble endeavor all things considered.

Any advice on where some of my best options would be to post up for that sort of thing? Or any location recommendations if I'm looking for a city/area that is semi-kinda-affordable but still in proximity to Good Shit in general?

Thanks for any advice duders

Yokohama, or anywhere near it. Anywhere along that part of the Keikyu line will do.