Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pochp

Ultimate Montreal Air Dashers 2013 Results and Shoutouts

Shoutouts to Each and every single person who came from out of town to the event, making it the success the success that it was. No tournament is worth it's salt without the players. Thank you !

Shoutouts to Stickbug, for driving your crew up here. You always leave us wanting more time with you to talk, chill and press buttons. Can't wait for our next opportunity !

Shoutouts to DigitalWatches for showing interest in meeting us and playing with us, thanks for casuals with me the day of the tournament !

Shoutouts to Biscuits for coming to MAD again, we love you mang, learn that french XD

Shoutouts to Toronto for bringing in the numbers one more time, the event would've been a LOT less fun without you guys there.

Shoutouts to Leo and Zeero, you guys are great and i'm so happy we got to see you again, i am so disappointed you missed GG D:, let's play games next time !!!!!!

Shoutouts to Roldy, the highlight of the evening was your incredible play on stream !

Shoutouts to Waterloo, this was a big thing for us to be able to have you guys as our guests, thank you so much for coming !

Shoutouts to Guilty Gear.

Shoutouts to Foonzo, may we never take you for granted, not even for a second. Much love to Foonzo !

Shoutouts to MONTREAL.

Shoutouts to everyone who made it to the tournament. The setup was pretty godlike to accomodate all those players.

Shoutouts to Foonzo and staff.

Shoutouts to salt.

Shoutouts to Sophisticat and Greenix for playing some GG with me during and after the pools. I'll get use to this game at some point.

Shoutouts to Level 5 for destroying me in every match we played. Well done, but I'll get my revenge : P

Shoutouts to Shtkn for fun casuals and gimmicks. I look forward to playing you again in the future.

Shoutouts to WakeupDP for playing you again in R1 of the tournament. Your Relius is as scary as always, good sir.

Shoutouts to Force Break Puff Balls

Random stuff: @Circuitous Next time we meet, I'll make it so that I have my Zombies game so we can play : D Maybe I'll man up and challenge you to GG as well.

whew, finally got a moment to come in here and say thank you guys for running a great tournament. i had lots of fun and my only regret is not getting to play everyone more. lots of fun times were had at foonzo, the hotel room, and everywhere else around the city. i kinda wish i took a photo of the gi joe window to share with everyone haha.

and kaeru is right, foonzo is pretty special and you shouldn't take it for granted. treat her well!

also special shoutouts to derq, brice, and pochp for being my tour guides around the city

Props to the MTL crew that made it all go smoothly, you know who you are. Pedro for managing everything, Kaeru & Isa for handling arrivals, Brice for bringing the hype, and DerQ/DP/AirMaster/Greenix/whoever else handled brackets. Props also to Foonzo's Phoun and Monica for keeping up with all of us!

I was also really impressed with Bibi's setup, I can see you've put in a lot of time and money into it, and it's paid off. Good shit!

GGs also to all those I played!

Watches, you are Axl. Good stuff.

Circ and Ama, thanks for bodying me, and showing me how free I am to Pot/Jam. :(

Shouts to Omar for Slayer mirrors and tips on the Border matchup. ;)

I think Kirby likes my DoT -> BBU -> 5H -> etc. Sophisticat special. Just for you. <3

Shouts to M-Han's Iron Handshake. You should be a bodybuilder.

Nedel, get on that Anji train. On se fera plus de matchs la prochaine fois!

Finally, a big thank you to everyone who made it out to UMAD! I think I even saw some guys who came all the way from Vancouver on the list. Talk about dedication. Hope you all liked it!

Okay I'm finally home so I'm gonna do shoutouts. There was so much to remember that I'm sorry if I miss anything!

Shoutouts to Kaeru and Rai, thank you so much for housing me and Circuitous. It wouldn't be the same spending every night in a hotel room, and it was great with you two! I don't know where to start to thank you both for your hospitality. You made every day out in Canada great, and sightseeing on Monday was fantastic.

Shoutouts to Bibiquadium for not only having the godlike setup at Foonzo, being able to watch on the bigscreen projector and the TVs on the other side of the room, but also the godlike stream. Also for being my hotspot all Tuesday so I could be on the internet while we traveled and visited Chinatown.

Shoutouts to Derq, Brice, Sophisticat, Pedro, AirMaster, Kirbster, and everyone else from Montreal for being great hosts and repping anime so hard. So glad to see you guys again and I can't wait to meet you again at NEC. You guys made this event and it was great.

Shoutouts to Toronto, especially Roldy, Mortified, and Unsanctifier. Great games against you guys in Guilty Gear and Mort it was hilarious playing against you in Monopoly. E-SPORTS ROLLS!!!! Hope to see you guys again soon!

Shoutouts to Watches and Shtkn for coming all the way out from the West Coast. Watches, was great to meet you and get in some good Axl practice, Shtkn it was great seeing you again. Please don't shut down Dustloop I was just joking.

Shoutouts to St1ckBuG, LordKnight and Mr. Biscuits from East Coast, I was hoping to see more of you guys there but it is what it is. Great games against you guys, and always great shittalk and commentary. Looking forward to seeing you guys again this winter!

Shoutouts to anyone else I might have missed and played against in Guilty Gear or met at Foonzo. I'm sorry if I forgot your name but I met so many people, and I had a great time all week!

Foonzo's great, Montreal's great, Guilty Gear is great, Jam's great, everyone I met was great, fucking amazing tournament and I can't wait till next year to visit Canada again!

I'm not sure what to say to put some order to this post... so I'm just going to rant instead.

First off: I love you guys. And you could probably say that is an understatement.

Lately I've felt a little stressed out with events, and UMAD was like a breath of fresh air. Running brackets has gotten tiring and so has streaming, so being able to come to an event and not have to worry about the schedule, stream, late signups, lack of setups, and random venue problems... it was awesome.

I'll say it once and I'll say it again: you guys are spoiled. You have a great group of guys that just want to play and probably the best venue on the planet. Please support Foonzo and make sure she doesn't go anywhere. Other regions would kill for a place like that. The players will keep coming as long as you stay the way you are: friendly and hospitable. Please never change.

To everyone I played: thanks for the games. My trip to Japan re-kindled my desire to improve once again and it was nice to come back to a tournament the following weekend. Losing to Rhamnmah and Deadliest were some wake-up calls that I need to adapt faster, not get frustrated, and keep sharpening my execution. In my head I shouldn't have lost to either of you, but don't take that the wrong way: the results speak louder than my personal feelings (I fucking lost). This is the healthy kind of salt where I need to reflect on how I play and how I can improve. Next time we meet I'm coming for both of you. Also, DigitalWatches, you're on my hit-list too even though we didn't play in tournament. Your gimmicky-yet-solid Axl was hard to adapt to. I'm sure we'll meet again and I will be far improved.

Pedro, you improved the event from last year, but there's not much you can do to make it better the next time around. The venue and your scene are a killer combo. Anytime you want to ask me a question about anything don't hesitate to ask. I'll be sure to give you my best objective and un-biased advice.

Kaeru, thanks for always being such a bro. You're the father figure of you scene, and a damn good one. Thanks for the games. Apply that air-throw tactic well.

Brice, never change. Keep the hype.

Kirbster, GJ in BB. Re-watch your matches with LK and pick them apart. Stay godlike, and thanks for the beer.

DerQ, even though it seems like you just started showing up to events I almost feel like you've already taken on the reigns of responsibility. Only good things will come with you helping out and traveling. Thanks for the delicious beer!

SHTKN/Circuitous/Amadeous/DW Good shit invading with the US this year. Maybe next time we can get more people to come!

MonsterKing It was a pleasure teaming with you in Gundam. I've only played the game a few times but we managed to pull out a win!

To the whole Montreal/Toronto scene: What you guys have is special. Keep playing and push each other to improve. It's fun watching a lot of you play.

To Foonzo: You're the best venue on the planet. 'Nuff said. Stay godlike.

Thanks again to everyone I had the pleasure of meeting, chilling, and playing with. Much love. See you next year.

God damn, this sounds like I need to work on getting a valid passport in order for next UMAD...

DerQ, even though it seems like you just started showing up to events I almost feel like you've already taken on the reigns of responsibility. Only good things will come with you helping out and traveling. Thanks for the delicious beer!

Shoutouts to Pierre Malouf AKA CrankyPunk AKA MTL Street fighter director and stream provider who I once heard say before joining dustloop and playing Arcsys games : "I'm not good enough as a competitive player to be a direct contribution to the scene, so this is my only way of doing so." Paraphrased, but wise words

Stickbug, it makes me really glad that Montreal will always be a place for you to relax, have fun, drink and press buttons. I'm so happy that you can get a break from organizing when you come here !

Thank you for your hard work with all the tournaments you run so many times a year, thank you for your wisdom, and thank you for company !

We still have a lot to learn from you.

St1ckBuG pretty much summed it all up for me in his post above. I will definitely return next year!

You guys are all classy. I'll try to learn some more French for when we all meet again. Till then Suce-moi je vous en supplie.

I was at the event, all i can say its very nice to meet up with some new face around! Was very happy to meet you Stickbug Mr.cookies and Lord Knight. I did press some button with heartless a bit, i quit out after BB end i think. but overall the setup was awesome, i watched the reset from the stream at home. i think everyone did play well. sorry for the terrible english by the way.

MonsterKing It was a pleasure teaming with you in Gundam. I've only played the game a few times but we managed to pull out a win!

Play more and maybe you'll be able to do better next year! Hopefully we'll have Full Boost by then.

UMAD was a blast, glad I took the day off for it :D

Shoutouts first of all to Pedro and DerQ for running this like fucking bosses.

Shoutouts to Bibi for keeping up a gdlk stream even though you were sick and having nosebleeds and shit.

Shoutouts to Foonzo for gdlk hosting too. Monika and Henri delivering the best service, as per usual.

Shoutouts to Toronto for showing up unexpectedly... Brian, thank god I fight Brice all the time cuz you're too fucking good. Pui, I will never stop sucking your dick (no homo), ggs, if only you still played. Omar, good shit seeing you again. Leo, Roldy, Mort, sorry we didn't get any games in but thanks for coming down! you guys are awesome.

Shoutouts to Waterloo for also making the trip and congrats to Ryan Ken for that gdlk Chie.

Shoutouts to the U.S. invasion! Good shit to LK for winning all the things, again (again). GGs to shtkn, dem gimmicks... nice hat too. GGs to Biscuits, Arakune is so scary (I still have Souji nightmares). St1ckbug, always a pleasure to see you. Circ, the hug machine, nice to see you again. Amadeous, keep repping dat Jam... who knows, maybe I'll surprise you with her next time we meet! Digital Watches, pleasure to meet you, you're fucking gdlk at GG yet so humble!

Shoutouts to MTL évidemment, pas besoin de dire grand chose pcq je vous vois tlt anyway. Special ggs to Darkwolf for a strong performance, you're becoming quite scary.

Hopefully there will be even more people from out of town next year! Get a passport and come see us, you will not be disappointed :)

Didn't really socialize or play much outside of the BB tourney games lol, but anyway...

Shoutouts to Kazu eliminating me in GG, damn that japanese food was strong.

Shoutouts to Kirbster for continuing to suck my dick while beating me down in the tourney. I'll come back again for another session of that gdlk job.

Shoutouts to Brice for having clearly no idea how to play vs Carl. I'm sorry Brice =(

Shoutouts to Blade for bodying my fail gears.

Shoutouts to MTL for being awesome as always.

Shoutouts to Stickbug for bodying me in gear =( WHAT HAPPENED WITHIN THIS YEAR?

Shoutouts to Biscuits for a very close match and I end up scumming out with Brio.

Shoutouts to everybody who went to make this an awesome event, regardless if I talked/played with you or not.

Its funny how us old men here in Toronto don't really play anymore, BUT WE ARE ACTUALLY GOING TO EVO. WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS MTL. WHERES THE TAMASHI.

It was an awesome awesome event, will definitely be back if possible.

I'm a bit late to the shoutouts party... Ama and St1ckBuG covered most of what I was gonna say, so I'll save myself the trouble of struggling to remember everything.

I do wanna give shoutouts to Kaeru/Rai again, for hosting us and showing me what real food is.

To Kaeru again for really teaching me the Baiken matchup. I wish I could've helped your side more, but I had a lot of catching up to do.

To the entire Montreal scene for being amazing.

To Rai and Bibi for taking us sightseeing.

To fate for having DerQ, Brice, and shtkn show up at the Montreal Tower at the exact same time we did.

Good games in GG, BB, P4, JoJo's, 3S, Monopoly, Zombies!!!, Koihime Musou, etc. Can't wait for next year.

I'm a bit late to the shoutouts party... Ama and St1ckBuG covered most of what I was gonna say, so I'll save myself the trouble of struggling to remember everything.

I do wanna give shoutouts to Kaeru/Rai again, for hosting us and showing me what real food is.

To Kaeru again for really teaching me the Baiken matchup. I wish I could've helped your side more, but I had a lot of catching up to do.

To the entire Montreal scene for being amazing.

To Rai and Bibi for taking us sightseeing.

To fate for having DerQ, Brice, and shtkn show up at the Montreal Tower at the exact same time we did.

Good games in GG, BB, P4, JoJo's, 3S, Monopoly, Zombies!!!, Koihime Musou, etc. Can't wait for next year.

Psssst !! it's the Olympic Stadium !! We don't haz a Montreal Towrar !

It was our pleasure to have you here !

Its funny how us old men here in Toronto don't really play anymore, BUT WE ARE ACTUALLY GOING TO EVO. WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS MTL. WHERES THE TAMASHI.

It was an awesome awesome event, will definitely be back if possible.

Maybe it's because I never went, but I feel evo is like putting so many eggs in one basket when I can just travel to local scenes more often and get more acquainted with these guys.

I'm the latest!

Shoutouts to everyone that made it out, this was my first major tournament so having that many people come out was really great.

It was a very nice experience and i hope i can continue to attend these events. I'm glad i finally got to meet some of you guys

Shoutouts to Bibi for a godlike stream setup!

Shoutouts to shtkn for trading top secret jin strats with me in training mode

Shoutouts to LK for being godlike and playing casuals with me

Shoutouts to everyone who helped organize the event, it ran so smoothly, Pedro, DerQ,WakeupDP and whoever else ran brackets, Kaeru and Isabelle for being our bouncers lol

Shoutouts to FORCE BREAK PUFFBALLS so good

Shoutouts to FOONZO!

Shoutouts to st1ckbug and biscuits for being chill and awesome dudes

Shoutouts to brice for showing his "books" on stream stay godlike sir

Special shoutouts to EMPIRE COMBOS!