Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Killer Instinct (2013)

A lot of the XB1 stuff that people don't like is the same stuff the PS4 has going for it. I was not impressed by either XBOX system the first time they came out only to get them later so I'll wait and see.

Not gonna lie, this was the only possible announcement that could make me willing to give X1 a chance. I'm gonna try real hard to stop knocking it if only for a moment.

Well....Rare (without all the original team, just the name)+ Double Helix (they never made a Fighting game) + Xbone = COCOCOCOCOMBO BREAKER!.......K.O

Heca...I'm a hardcore Sony fangirl and not even I hate the X1 as hard or blindly as this lol

I think that everyone is free to be mad, disappointed, whatever about this announcement and voice their opinion about it

A lot of the XB1 stuff that people don't like is the same stuff the PS4 has going for it. I was not impressed by either XBOX system the first time they came out only to get them later so I'll wait and see.

LMAO, you mean the lack of DRM bullshit, always online, kinect spying you and the inability of selling your games/playing used games and all the other bs that i am forgetting...

I think that everyone is free to be mad, disappointed, whatever about this announcement and voice their opinion about it

But you're not talking about the announcement at all...

You're free to hate, but this isn't the place, we're here to talk about games, THIS [Killer Instinct] game!

But I know you're going to keep screaming anyways

:v:

Like I'm not fond of all of the X1's policies but [specifically as a fighting game player] I'm digging built-in streaming, recording, editing, and uploading. I'm hoping PS4's abilities are just as comparable, although I'm concerned about PS4 using Ustream as opposed to X1's Twitch ; w;

Also in total there's a cast of 15 characters, wonder what the odds are to see the entire roster on disc. And wonder what this means for new combatants [which is interesting a new character, if any, didn't debut alongside the vets thus far].

I can't wait for Orchid and Fulgore. Those two are the dealbreaker/makers to me.

I also want to see how stereotypical T.J Combo ends up.

If it gets a physical release then I'll be happy to put the OST next to my copy of Killer Cuts.

Look just make cinder broken all over again and the game will be dead within a week.

On a more serious note. . .i have mixed feelings about this due to the fact that it was never REALLY competitive to begin with. but HOPE

I'll play it if one of my friend is unfortunate enough to buy the required console to play it. I wonder if the inputs were kept or if it has been fully remade from scratch.

I'm hoping one or two characters play like their KI-1 offensive charge versions. Despite being broken to hell and back KI-1 made me actually like the charge inputs. The moveset changes of some changes of some characters in KI-2/Gold I did enjoy(Jago and Fulgore) but Orchid going to a command moveset just felt oft-kilter.

Early Gameplay Details

• Early Killer Instinct info: Jago and Sabrewolf in current build. Auto doubles and manual doubles are both in for combo extensions.
  • Manual doubles are Character specific, also specials to extend ultras and a new character specific mode (think xfactor but less broken) that gives each character new properties.
  • Combo breakers are balanced in a new way manual doubles are harder to break and a failed breaker locks you out for a short a period of time. More info soon

Combo Breakers have a penalty now? I'm liking the sound of that. That character specific mode stuff sounds like Overdrive.

A waterfall of nostalgia just washed over me. But, wow it looks like Street Fighter. Also, even though I don't care much for graphics, Glacius's ice effects bother me. PS1 triangles. :V

LOL @ Shadow Jago day 1 dlc. That additional characters bit bothers me. Now I'm scared that somebody of the core cast ain't gonna make it. Just another reason it's becoming harder and harder to be hype for this game without immense guilt.

I already wasn't getting this simply because it was on XO, but even if it was on 360, I wouldn't support it if they plan on selling me a bunch of the cast separate. I would like Cinder and Riptor back, but realistically, doesn't matter since I won't be able to play it.

On the downside, this is being made by a developer that has no experience with the genre and has a track record of utterly botching new installments in beloved gaming franchises, we're finding out there will be multiple DLC characters on the same day the game is announcement, and it's only being released for what could very possibly end up being one of the most widely hated consoles ever made.

On the upside, a whole new generation of imageboard posters will finally get the reference behind those "COMBO BREAKER" jokes.

whoa, is this happening!? this used to be the street fighter l never had. nothing short of awesome news!

This game is being developed by Double Helix Games. Considering their track record, this game is almost guaranteed to suck.