Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Killer Instinct (2013)

We already have La Toya Jackson, we don't need more :kitty:

All 3 girls in KI2 had that same goddamn face I swear. I hope Double Helix doesn't fuck up on faces, last thing I need to see is Orchid with that face again or even worse an NRS quality face.

Actually that face model looked extremely nice on Orchid.

It looked UGH on Kim Wu and Maya, though. A shame, because I like Kim D:

Yeah you're right it didn't look bad on her it was just incredibly jarring to see 3 characters with the same face. Speaking of the KI2 characters, Kim is the only one I don't dislike. There's something about Tusk and Maya I don't like but I don't know what it is.

Maybe the fact that they looked incredibly simple and generic, compared to some of the chars they replaced (Thunder, Riptor and Cinder).

I think Tusk is awesome, though, gameplay wise, he was too fun to use. Maya can be left out of this, though.

Yeah Maya and Tusk looked generic as all hell. Thinking about the cut characters, Cinder and Riptor need to return but I could care less about Thunder.

Another thing I liked about this series was that the human/inhuman ratio was just right in terms of characters. Not too many monsters and not too many generic fighters either.

But I like Thunder ;~;

BTW I hope they remove those stupid Ultimates you could execute when your rival was on second bar, no matter if your rival's bar was full. It was really stupid to see a simple autodouble followed by an Ultimate to quickly win the match in KI2 and Gold right after the "2nd round" started (something that didn't happen in the original KI)

Well the percentage where Ultras and Ultimates are possible looks like it was lowered from where it was in KI2 so we should be seeing less of those occurring. Sadly, the bars still work like KI2 due to No Mercy/Ultimates not being planned for the initial release.

I'd really like to see Last Breath and Humiliations return. More games need to force the loser to dance for the winner's amusement.

IIRC, they were saying that most Xbone exclusives might have PC ports, so you won't even have to buy a console for them. But I don't have any decent source on me, so take that as you will.

If it comes to PC, i'm all for it. I never did find a KI Gold copy on N64, and no arcades, but I played the everloving hell out of KI on SNES using mainly Riptor and Cinder (though I liked everyone really)

I'll probably cop a used XBONE after a price drop. The way things are now, I won't be dishing out 500 just to play one game.

Anyway Glacius looks like he's gonna cause a lot of scrub tears with those ranged combos. Also no one's brought up counter breakers yet. I'm kinda on the fence about it since combo breakers feel like they are earned through properly reading your opponent as opposed to just mashing out reversals. Breaking someone's breaker should at least cost meter.

The character that was teased was Thunder if anyone cares. I honestly think that was easily one of the most dull characters to tease for an EVO reveal. :vbang:

When's Orchid, Cinder or Fulgore?

So these guys are also making another game while they're making this one.

So... people tend to not like them because of their track record. I don't know what they've worked on before, but my experience with the game at E3 plus this news that they're putting only half of their ass into the project because they're simultaneously working on something else makes me worry even more.

But Strider fans might get excited.

Double Helix's resume

I wouldn't be too worried, have you actually seen Strider in action? They're just making a [poor looking] HD ver of the old arcade game, I doubt they pulled out too much resources for that, hue hue, and if KI is really planned for release this year in Nov, I'm confident they're alot further along than they've shown or else lol

EVO impressions

-This game looks slow. Like, REALLY slow. Not just the gameplay speed itself but also the overall flow of battle.

-Characters do jack-shit in terms of damage, even with combos. I can already feel the timer scams coming.

-Every moment of the fight is "C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!" or "C-C-C-C-COUNTER BREAKER!"

-New announcer is ass compared to the original.

Oh, and now they say they're planning to use Kinect for facial recognition, so you can set your buttons automatically. Fucking creepy.

The damage issue will probably be solved when people get better at the game

I do agree breakers are a bit too free but for the most part people were doing a ton of auto doubles and those have always been extremely easy to break out of. Plus now we have access to counter breakers so guessing wrong can get you killed pretty quickly, especially against Saberwulf due to his Rabid Chain modifier. Whenever ever the guy playing Sabrewulf countered a breaker or the guy doing a breaker made a wrong decision and was locked out Sabes was able to rack up at least 35% during the 4 seconds they couldn't break.

Still iffy on the game but Glacius and Sabrewulf have really interesting tools, wanna see what they do to Chief Thunder.

I don't want to buy an Xbox One for many reasons, but I really want to play KI3, and I just built a new gaming PC. I was planning to get a PS4 for the fighters, but now I don't know because I've been waiting for another KI since KI2. I'm perfectly fine with using Games for Windows Live, even though it sucks.

I really don't want that kinect camera watching me play games in my underwear. :psyduck: