Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Killer Instinct (2013)

Gargos sounds like one of the weirdest chars I've seen in a fighting game. I mean, a "super" mode that makes him slower? Eh... I imagine that will be beastly when properly used, but so far I can tell the char is very unique

And a vast improvement over his horrible KI2 form.

Only complain I have is his redesign. It looks ridiculous.

Guys, is Gargos available to everyone who bought the Season 3? Or just for those who paid for the most expensive pack?

Will try him later, then.

Small question, guys: I'm planning to change my TE2 parts for Seimitsu (no matter how many times I try, I hate Sanwa and I can't get used to it). Is Seimitsu okay to play this?

Killer Cuts 2.0 announced: http://www.ultra-combo.com/killer-cuts/

Spoiler

Killer_Cuts-Vinyl-All-iam8bit.png

This vinyl plates contain the soundtrack of the first Killer Instinct for arcades. The one with the Fulgore cover will only be available during the EVO 2016 weekend and everyone who purchases this version will enter a drawing to have a chance to win the Fulgore puppet.

It's funny how Kan-Ra isn't catching a break recently. Not only did he accidentally summon Gargos back to Earth, but he didn't think twice before resurrecting someone who is just as dangerous.

So I saw Eyedol's entire moveset. It's crazy. There was a video of everything I saw too.

If you don't want to watch it, here's a simplified version.

Eyedol is a stance character that consists of 2 whole movesets. Warrior (Ultimate Rushdown) and Mage (Ultimate Zoning). The way you switch however is completely random and activates when you use specials. Your best chance of getting the head you want is by hitting yourself with one of the command normals (Back LP I think). Even at the start of the match you'll start with a random head. And yes, hitting yourself will cause damage for you and you can totally die from it.

His walk speed is decent and his dash is a run. He has good throw reach and is obviously big. He has a gauge that fills for each head and while in ____ form, one of his moves will fill the gauge and can be used for the other form when Eyedol switches. Warrior charges allow him to cancel normals and specials into a dash or jump. Mage charges, which are used like Shadow Jago Surge, are like buffed specials like Shadow Jago.

Instinct brings both of these forms together. I know this sounds simple but it's actually really crazy. One thing to note is that hitting yourself while you're in Instinct will fill it so that it doesn't run out, but you will still take damage and you can still die from it.

1 hour ago, swordsman09 said:

Eyedol is a stance character that consists of 2 whole movesets. Warrior (Ultimate Rushdown) and Mage (Ultimate Zoning). The way you switch however is completely random and activates when you use specials. Your best chance of getting the head you want is by hitting yourself with one of the command normals (Back LP I think). Even at the start of the match you'll start with a random head. And yes, hitting yourself will cause damage for you and you can totally die from it.

So he's Tira (Soul Calibur) except both of his stances are useful :v:

15 hours ago, SolxBaiken said:

So he's Tira (Soul Calibur) except both of his stances are useful :v:

In a sense. I think he stresses the completely different moveset thing further though.

I forgot to mention that his walk speed is slower in the Mage form and his dash is no longer a run too. And that he has 2 taunts depending on what form he's in.