Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Killer Instinct (2013)

I would feel bad, for sure. Despite this game being the only reason for me to get an Xbone, I still reserved myself since I waited to see where the game was going content-wise.

But I guess my waiting was worth it.No need to spend 400 bucks and worrying about whether or not I can install a better controller than the Xbone one.

You know, even if it sucks for me, i'll say that this is really good news overall. Microsoft messed up pretty hard. A large reason I got an Xbox One was because of Phantom Dust, which is in development hell at the moment, because the original is one of my favorite games of all time, so fuck Microsoft.

At least it's cross-play and cross-buy, so, since I have it on Xbox One, I can put it on my PC if/when I get a gaming rig, and can play my PC friends from XO until then.

Story mode update dropped humorously during the Xbox E3 stream thanks to Ken Lobb. Arias announcer voice is cooler than I thought it would be. She sounds so menacing.

Iron Galaxy teamed up with Ultimate Source to release a set of figures in 2016.

https://www.microsoftstudiosblog.com/2015/07/28/killer-instinct-figures-from-ultimate-source/

The current figures they unveiled are Spinal, Jago, Shadow Jago, Fulgore, Sabrewulf and Hisako.

(Sorry swordsman09, no Cinder yet)

I know. I was there when they revealed these at the EVO Panel. :(

When there's a new KI soundtrack to listen to, who needs sleep?

Enjoy your fill. If the full version Aganos and TJ Combo's theme weren't any indication, this OST is way more edited than Season One's soundtrack, making them sound like songs played straight rather an amalgamation of all the tunes Gordon had already made for the game, so be prepared to feel iffy with a few songs considering how familiar you are with how they sound in the game (especially Maya and Omen's theme). Though I must say Aria's theme is definitely one that received a major adjustment, and for the better. It REALLY sounds like a final boss theme, you gotta hear it to believe it, man.

Oh, quick note! Omen's theme nearly 9 minutes long and yet ends sooner than that. Is that an error on Mick's part? I dunno. ^^

Omen's revamped theme is too godlike for words.

The theme does end early, but there is a bonus track that is mixed into it at the end. It's an acoustic version of the KI theme.

Oddly enough, the song I was expecting to hear the most was Maya's. I truly loved this theme but was kinda-sorta concerned as to how it will pan out as a full song. But I didn't have to now, cuz it's like a electronic symphony made in heaven and sung by beautiful angels. [Edit:] And they're wearing Daft Punk helmets.

Listening to the demo tracks, I really wish that alternate version of The Instinct had made it into the final game. Sounds way better than the one from KI2, and more like an upgraded version of the original version of The Instinct.

Killer Instinct Season 3 announced! The new season will start in March 2016.
The season will also feature some guest characters. The first one, who was revealed at GamesCom, is Rash from Battletoads. He is available from 4th August (so today) until 8th September 2015 in a first test period.

princeheroart1920nologo.png

Hidden Content

It's not sneaky if they already flat out said they would be in Season 3.

On another note though, those Dynasty Warriors nunchucks are looking pretty sick!

I have faith they'll do Mick Gordon's work justice. The theme in Rash's trailer is on SoundCloud and it sounds amazing!

The newest trailer for Shadow Jago is here:

I love that he keeps the "Herald of Gargos" theme, it just fits him perfectly.
His new teleportation mechanic looks quite interesting. I wonder if it functions like Chipp's teleport or if they are triggered by inputing a command like Izayoi's Strike Fall. It also seems that they teased that Ultimate Combos will be back (at least for him).
There will be a stream tomorrow (December 2nd) focusing on him and maybe some more information about Season 3. The only thing which worries me is that the description of the video and Ultra Combo page are saying that he'll be only available from 18th of December until the 18th of January and that it is possible that he'll not come back. I hope this isn't the only timeframe in which he will be available. Oh, and everyone who purchased the Day One Xbox Live Gold or the Community Fund Bundle can play him already on December 4th.

2 hours ago, Danaiden said:

His new teleportation mechanic looks quite interesting. I wonder if it functions like Chipp's teleport or if they are triggered by inputing a command like Izayoi's Strike Fall.

It's his dash. And I think doing a divekick on the ground will teleport him into the air.