Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Killer Instinct (2013)

Wait...did he just cock his axes :v:

That made my day.

On serious note, as someone that always plays a grapplers, I'm just happy whenever a grappler isn't low-tier.

Thunder looks promising and I love his look and stage.

They just need to stop being fuck children and at least release this on PC.

Since this game's musical ultras sound different for every character and every stage, I had no doubt that some stages will make them sound terrible with distorted rhythm (I don't even care if it's intentional). Like Sabrewolf's for example.

I'm feeling Sabe's personally. Wonder if they'll do it for the KI 1 & 2 tracks seeing how they'll be in the game.

I like the idea their toying with of making it so on CH the combo you do has lockout status.

So apparently in the launch details for the base game, the game has 6 characters at launch + 2 as dlc. I knew this game seemed rushed but DAMN. One of the launch 6 better be Orchid, no sausage fest please. :v:

We already know Shadow Jago is one of the DLC characters. Last 2 characters as well as the other DLC character will likely be from the following pool:

-Spinal

-T.J. Combo

-Fulgore

-B. Orchid

-Riptor

Still, hearing that this game will only have 8 characters is just LOL.

I'm quite on curious on if Shadow Jago is a seperate character or just a different costume/palette. KI2 had shadow colors for the cast and all that. If he is a different character I wonder how this evil counterpart is going to look and play compared to the shotoclone animu ninj- er tibetan warrior monk.

Watch him end up looking exactly the same except with reversed lighting on the character model, yellow eyes, a black aura, and purple Hadokens.

So basically the shadow colors in KI2, except not hard as shit to see. Yup I'm expecting something outright lame now, especially considering how this game seems rushed out for the sake of being a launch title. Oh well if Double Helix intends to fill this game with DLC the same way NRS does Injustice we should seeing at least the entire first KI cast.

Current characters:

Jago

Sabrewulf

Glacius

Chief Thunder

The next likely characters to round out the roster of 8 (if no new characters):

Spinal

Fulgore

Cinder (delayed DLC)

Riptor (delayed DLC)

This is based off of an interviewer who let it slip that the game had an alien (Glacius), skeleton (Spinal), and dinosaur (Riptor) character. And there's this article further talking about Spinal, Fulgore, and Cinder: http://shoryuken.com/2013/06/12/fulgore-spinal-and-cinder-set-to-return-in-killer-instinct-developers-looking-to-include-more-female-characters/

If that ends up being the "season one" roster dlc and all I won't be interested until they get around to the second wave of dlc. I'm just praying the roster pans out like this.

Launch Spot #1- Orchid, she was my main and the only character I seriously tried and practiced with in the first game. Orchid was the only character I seriously liked besides Cinder because he was broken as hell and Jago who has grown on me. Lastly the sausage fest streak must be broken.

Launch Spot #2- Cinder: I want to find out whether it's a new convict with fire based powers or the old one came back to life.

DLC Spot #1- Fulgore: It would be wrong if the antagonist and posterboy of the series weren't in the first 8.

DLC Spot #2- Riptor: Who else wants to see him in next get graphics?

I've been hoping for Cinder and Riptor. I don't truly care who else from the old games joins them, as long as they get added. Mind you, it will be some time before I try to buy an XO.

Fixed.

Some Thunder gameplay, also game has frame data in the movelist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8R2n77M4tTQ

Riptor's female? Everything I know is a lie! In retrospect Riptor's ending all makes sense now.

I like Thunder's redesign but his gameplay still is a little underwhelming to me.

6 characters "at launch" isn't bad [now if they were forced into a 3v3 fighter, then I might see some problems ;o] but the real middle finger comes to NOT including the remaining 2 DLC until some undefined time from Nov to Feb unless you want to spend $40 to get them early [and if it's same day as launch early that's a huger finger since it shows they'd be done and ready to ship].

Seeing how clearly rushed this game is, I have even less hope than I had in it at launch [but my opinion doesn't count for much since I never cared for Killer Instinct and didn't see this as a big thing] but to those with plans of getting this I kind of feel bad for em . . .

Thunder's redesign looks like the bastard child of T. Hawk and Nightwolf, especially since he's being redesigned as a grappler character.

So, a native American character resembles the two most iconic native Americans in videogames? Well, duh?

Yeah you're right it didn't look bad on her it was just incredibly jarring to see 3 characters with the same face. Speaking of the KI2 characters, Kim is the only one I don't dislike. There's something about Tusk and Maya I don't like but I don't know what it is.

Is it because there damn there nude? Lol

There was a hint pointing to a new character to the series. I hope it's the beautiful female african american female fighter they mentioned. Would be really awesome. Plus I think it's about time we see some ladies now