Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Killer Instinct (2013)

Fighting games of the future. Netcode allows both players to win simultaneously, so everyone feels like they matter. I'm surprised they were able to one-up Activison's CoD netcode which gives people with shitty connections an artificial advantage, such that people with the best and worst connections are the most consistent players.

I'm honestly impressed by how bad this is. There's a completely legitimate and proven alternative that they could have licensed, and they chose to develop this instead.

*Edit*

How not to play MGS3

Eva: Snake, you're going to fight The End. He practically invented sniping. You're out in the jungle and he's an expert at camouflage.

DSP: Great, where's my shotgun? *Gets shot a few times, has no stamina left, multiple tranquilizer darts sticking out of his face* WHAT THE FUCK MY GAME IS BUGGED IT'S HARD TO SEE MY GAME IS BUGGED

Gotta leave the alternate take on the netcode here, just so people can make their own opinion.

I think this released way too late. It should have been on the original Xbox or an early 360 title, back when Rare still had a good amount of creative vitality and wasn't trapped in the casual Kinect ghetto. It's too bad that MS had so much trouble acquiring the IP.

The Soul Calibur 2 music was a nice surprise. Thanks for linking. I'd like to think that it actually is good netcode and that this was just a 1/500 bug that happened to get recorded by complete coincidence by both players in the match, one of which is (in)famous, and that they happened to notice the discrepancy. It honestly is entirely possible with how many matches have probably been played since the game's launch.

But I've also seen the other end of things, and wouldn't be surprised if it was a more frequent bug that they're trying to downplay until they can patch it. It's sort of hard to detect since most players aren't going to see what the other player saw on their end, so they could get away with that strategy.

Anyway, it's easier to believe that this netcode is good than that this game is good, based on my E3 experience (since I haven't tried the netcode personally). *Shrug* Maybe the game is better too?

Pretty sure there's enough talk about Spinal now but, his theme is too sick!

And even though Spinal and Fulgore looks cool and all, there's still no Cinder...T-T

I have to give credit where it's due. This game ended up being really good from the look of it (no Xbox One yet because i'm not buying a system for 1 game). Wish we had Riptor and Cinder though.

i thought it was supposed to just be a mash fest

Not at all, I got to play it at a tournament a few weeks ago. The Combo breaker system mixes reactions and RPS together very fluidly, meaning that there are mindgames out the wazoo. All the characters are really unique (save for Jago, fuck that guy) and really make the game fun from matchup to matchup. I recommend giving it a try if you get the chance.

Sadira represent :3

Fulgore looks kind of cool, still waiting on Cinder and Riptor though. Moreover, however, is the fact that i'm waiting for enticing exclusives, since I have my PS4 to play the multi-plats, and i'm not into shooters much, so Microsoft needs to sell me on other genres and games.

Here is the Maya reveal:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/07/12/killer-instinct-maya-revealed-panel-evo-2014

I like her new face and outfit. A lot of Maya fans wishes she were more muscular/taller, however, and I can't blame them because she is an Amazon warrior.

Boy, you guys skipped out on the TJ trailer too, huh? :P

Don't care about T.J. Combo, don't care about Maya. Give me my Riptor and Cinder already.

Fair enough. If they don't tease Cinder during KI top 8, it either means Cinder is still too early in development, or the flame behind TJ's back at the end of his trailer was just a simple lighting effect.

I'd like to hear Cinder's theme real badly. Knowing Mick Gordon, he can rival Trailblazer in greatness.

I can't believe that Maya out of all the remaining veterans would come back so soon. I wasn't sure anyone wanted such a bland character back to be quite honest. Her redesign is a large improvement though, since she no longer has that Paula Abdul/ Janet Jackson face and cheap Halloween jungle costume.

Her gameplay sound fun as hell on top of her improved appearence. It's like Vega with two claws that you can chuck offensively.

Am I wrong in thinking you may be able to do some option-selects with the kick button that replaces its corresponding dagger strength? Like during footsies, dash forward > empty hand. If the player is too far from the knife the kick would come out, no?

Don't know or really care if they're honoring it, but Riptor was killed by TJ in canon.

Cinder was supposedly done in by Glacius in KI2, but that didn't stop his 99.9% certain confirmation.

We still have Sunday for them to show us a trailer for Cinder. They better.

Maya looks nice. I couldn't really imagine her any better myself.

We still have Sunday for them to show us a trailer for Cinder. They better.

Maya looks nice. I couldn't really imagine her any better myself.

In TJ's voice: "Noellers, when I fell, I fell hard... but I'm back now!"

In all seriousness though, for a woman who is a monster hunter, she should at least get some of those squirrel girl abs.

I expected as much. It's about time Cinder and Riptor got announced/teased. I'm really interested in that "mummy" character that Iron Galaxy has plans to release. He looks really interesting. Not digging the design of Riptor much because he sort of reminds me of Guilmon from Digimon Tamers. Weird comparison but when I looked at Riptor it was the first thought that came to my head.

Guilmon is like my favorite Digimon ever though. I'm pretty happy with that comparison. I like Riptor and Cinder being back, as those 2 were who I wanted most. Apparently the other characters are the unknown shadow at the end, Shadow Jago, "Babylonian sorcerer" (Mummy?), the "battle-hardened war golem" (grassy looking thing), and the "avenging ghost" (the purple one).

If i'm disappointed about anything, it's that I thought the purple one would be some insectoid or squid or something like that, then they mention "avenging ghost" and I see the handle, and the wavy things are likely tassles. So, it's likely a character with a spear.