Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyosuke Kagami

New Smash Bros for Wii U and 3ds

And Lucas' PK Freeze clearly still sucks ass. Aside from the fact that he's coming back, disappointed.

Mewtwo looks a lot stronger than in Melee, though. Definitely closer to his Project M incarnation. I can't say if it was an influence, but Sakurai and crew are almost certainly aware of the hack by now.

Voted for Ridley for the lulz, but afterwards I thought about it and would have rather voted for Roy back.

Roy would be hard because firstly it'd get confusing now that we have the koopaling Roy and secondly we already have too many Fire Emblem sword-wielders.

So, people datamined the new Smash games, and found 5 additional character slots for DLC besides Mewtwo (and victory themes to suggest Roy from Fire Emblem and Ryu from Street Fighter alongside Lucas, though the slots themselves are just labeled Mario) and around 14 stage slots (which would be 7 stages with an Omega mode each, and there was a piece of stage music pointing to Ryu's SF2 stage being in the game).

Not sure what to make of the snippet of SFII's fight result screen jingle found on the game. It's incomplete, low quality and taken straight from the game audio instead of being re-orchestrated. My money's on it being a randomly selected DLC placeholder with no real significance, maybe from a developer who hoped Ryu or another SF character would make it in but had no actual influence to make it happen. Let's not forget that Brawl had tons of placeholder data that never ended up being used.

I'm sure Roy was given serious consideration, but the presence of Koopaling Roy completely rules him out. We have more than enough FE fighters as is.

I voted for Inkling, since he's/she's the best character who has any realistic chance of making it in.

Thing is, this placeholder data was added in the last patch, it did not exist before. While I couldn't possibly care less if Ryu makes it in, it's certainly not impossible, as it's not like there aren't characters with music ripped straight from their game for stages and etc. It could mean nothing, but I hope it does, if only for the addition of Roy. Don't personally care whether the Koopaling Roy already has the name or not, and if you want to get upset at me for wanting Roy in when we have so many FE characters, my response is "they shouldn't have added Lucina or left out Marth then".

Dudes... Mewtwo is weird. Not Melee SUCKS weird, but definitely weird for my tastes. Any advise?

Also, definitely maining Megaman. It's the only char I can actually understand lol

Mewtwo is essentially this game's version of Seth from SF4. A glass cannon with a bunch of extremely useful tools, but is lightweight and takes a shitload of damage.

Mewtwo is essentially this game's version of Seth from SF4. A glass cannon with a bunch of extremely useful tools, but is lightweight and takes a shitload of damage.

Jigglypuff (lightest character) and G&W are the game's true glass cannons. Mega Man is just a projectile zoner with difficulty landing KO moves - you've usually gotta chain the item slide trick with a caught Metal Blade into Mega Upper, or pray that they jump into a fully charged Buster.

"item slide"

heard about this. Care to explain, please?

I think it's when you throw an item and it slides a little.

I think its actually jumping and immediately throwing an item so that you get to dash up into followups. If you dont, there's some lag after throwing an item. Typically I see it as glide tossing... wait, I just realized I'm actually talking in smash.

I just have to post my feels about this:

Ryu?

IN SMASH????

Is this taken seriously?  WILL this be taken seriously???

Next thing you know Sol will be in Playstation Allstars and Final Fantasy VII will be remade...

...Oh wait...