Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Young Navigator

(XBL) ForceBreak TV's Persona 4 Ultimate Ranbats Season 2.2: Issues? WHAT ISSUES?

*NOTE*: The Updated Point totals will be provided on Tuesday Night.

Season One was a smashing success. Night of Champions was even better! Check out the following playlist for more!

Now we are back with Season 2 of our Ranbats! This time, there will be some special surprises! But before that:

The ranbat season ends once someone amasses 50 POINTS. Once that occurs, the top EIGHT (8) scoring players will meet in a Single Elimination, 3/5 Tournament to determine the overall champion of the season. Be on your A-game, because the season can end either very quickly, or take quite some time.

Now for the special surprises:

1) The player who amasses 50 points, will also get a copy of Alan Wake & Alan Wake's American Nightmare (as the prizes for last season were changed last minute.)

2) This season, point values will be decreased, in an effort to prolong the season.

3) Night of Champions will happen the week AFTER the end of the season.

4) If there is a tie for 8th at the end of the season, there will be a playoff to determine who gets that 8th place spot for Night of Champions.

THE BASICS:

Date: 6/20/2013 (Thursday)

Time: 10:30 PM EST

Sign-Up: Challonge (register here)

This Week's Brackets: Here

Stream: ForceBreak Television

Player limit: None.

Format: Double Elimination, 2/3 Rounds. *NEW* Winner's, Losers and Grand Finals will be 3/5 rounds

Character lock: Winner's character is locked, Loser can switch in between rounds

*NEW* Stage Requirement: All matches must be played on either Yukiko's or Mitsuru's stage (with the intro played out for sync purposes) to avoid lag.

NOTE: AFTER you register on Challonge, PLEASE make absolutely sure you confirm your participation in this thread. Thank you!

Format:

Name: Dustloop Name (XBL Gamertag in Parentheses)

Character:

Distribution of Points:

1st = 10

2nd = 5

3rd = 3

4th = 2

Participation = 1

e.g: 1st place gets 11 points (10 for winning & 1 for participation,) and so on and so forth.

Who can enter: Anyone. East Coast and Midwest players are preferred.

FAQs

• What if I cannot participate at a particular ranbat?
    It's no big deal. We all have lives that we must live, it is the essence of human existence. Register at your leisure.

• How often is the Ranbat Reboot going to take place?
    Weekly, on Thursday Nights.

• When do weekly registrations close?
    Thursday Nights at 10:15pm EST.

• Will there be a way for us to communicate during the ranbat?
    Absolutely! Here's the instructions!

1: Go to http://mibbit.com/
    2: Scroll to the bottom. Click the yellow button marked "Still interested? Chat now"
    3: Connect should be to "Mibbit [webirc]" (It is the default option.)
    4: Nick should be your DUSTLOOP ACCOUNT NAME (just so everyone knows who you are.)
    5: Channel = #FBTVRanbats

Please note, everyone should be in the room by 10:15pm EST, so things can move smoothly.

• Is there ANYTHING else that I should know?
    Yes there is, and these are some of the most important things about this ranbat.

1) WILLFUL disconnects will incur a one (1) game penalty. If it happens a second time, that player forfeits the match.
    2) Off-Stream Matches must be reported as soon as they are finished. You can report them yourself in Challonge, to make things easier.
    3) Most importantly: Try to enjoy yourselves! This is designed to be competitive, but fun can be experienced through competition!

• If I miss my match, what happens?
    There is a 10 minute window for your match. If you miss it, you forfeit your match. If you will be late, PLEASE feel free to e-mail me at clintonbowman@outlook.com

• Will there be weekly updates?
    Yes! Check out Hit-Confirm Live every Thursday night at 9pm for the score updates, as well as for any updates to the rules. You can also go to The Official Hit-Confirm Live tumblr page!

If anyone has any other questions, feel free to ask them here!

If I'm not busy, I'll try to join

Name: Spring_Raid (JaguarSCF)

Character: Aigis

Don't want to miss a second of the NBA Finals, so gonna sit this one out.

I'll totally be joining if my f'n microswitches aren't broken, but no tracking number or anything on the replacements SO ' 3 '

grove03 (11)

Zealous5000 (6)

yeskinshaka (4)

Radori (3)

SixSamuraiBlunts (Biscuits) (1)

SummonedSwords (1)

Ladd000Russo (1)

ciddypoo (1)

Pssych (1)

Rybuster (1)

godofwar7 (1)

Grant_L (1)

I should probably start joining these to get better xD

Name: HyperMarth(HyperMarth)

Character: Mitsuru

Radoric has more points than me & grant? Now i must enter.

Good to know you take this rivarly seriously. (:

I'm in of course. However, since I no longer have a computer, I won't be able to chat. :(

Hey guys, sorry about not posting in the thread last night. Clinton is in the process of moving all his equipment from one residence to another for the summer. Ergo, this week we just had to skip. We should be back and ready to go this coming Thursday night. However that is July 4th, so I'm not sure what's going on there. We're doing a post CEO show so I'll try and remember to pester him about it then so we know what's going on. Best bet is to tune in Sunday night (as soon as CEO concludes) and remind us (him) though. twitch.tv/RadioInfluenceDOTcom , or search the Team Dustloop tab in twitch. If I had to bet on it, I'd say odds are we switch to a different night next week. If anyone who normally participates has a preferred day instead of Thursday let me know here so I can bounce our regulars availability off of Clint.