Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SoWL

ArcSys Voice Acting [This thread has rules now]

Kagura would be Johnny Yong Bosch (Why the fuck not?), lastly Bullet would be Wendee Lee (i think she VA'd rukia from bleach and Katherine from Catherine)

Because, no. HELL NO! JYB should not be tied to ANYONE in this cast, but especially not an absolute miscast like Kagura. His voice is too high and whiny for a character who is as calm and collected as Kagura. I don't know actors very well, so I don't know who to suggest, but i'm imagining either something like Kratos in Tales of Symphonia, or Akihiko in P4A.

Bullet as Wendee Lee is only really a poor choice to me because I feel she should have a lower tone female voice actor, like the one who does Valentine in Skullgirls, or like Nina in Tekken 6.

lastly Bullet would be Wendee Lee (i think she VA'd rukia from bleach and Katherine from Catherine)

Actually Rukia and Katherine were both voiced by Michelle Ruff, who already does Carl in BB and filled in for whoever did Linhua in Extend.

...If she's Japanese then she speaks damn good english.

She's American. Her profile says she's from America and she speaks American English and Japanese.

Given BARRET and other names though (as well as past voices), I suspect they tell the announcers to deliberately ham it up and make it sound kind of Engrishy haha.

Because, no. HELL NO! JYB should not be tied to ANYONE in this cast, but especially not an absolute miscast like Kagura. His voice is too high and whiny for a character who is as calm and collected as Kagura. I don't know actors very well, so I don't know who to suggest, but i'm imagining either something like Kratos in Tales of Symphonia, or Akihiko in P4A.

Because its not like Bosch hasn't voiced a calm and collected character before, oh wait. Yu.

I get you have a massive hate boner for JYB, but you act like VA's aren't versatile and able to match their voices to the characters they act for. That's the entire point of voice acting to begin with. We don't even know much about Kagura's character aside from the small bits we've been fed; he can be just as hammy as the rest of the cast(barring Rachel, Valk, and Relius) for all we know.

Besides, its probably gonna be Troy Baker anyway. He looks like Yuri so that might be it.

He can be just as hammy as the rest of the cast(barring Rachel, Valk, and Relius) for all we know.

*Coughcarl'scsstoryandtao'sgagreelCough*

I wouldn't really mind JYB making his debut. I'm honestly surprised he hasn't gotten in already. Anyway, we don't have much to go on Kagura so you can't really try to peg an ideal voice actor for him.

Also, I must say as an extreme fan of D.C.'s Wesker voice, I'm very curious on how he'll do Azreal. And considering how hammy Azreal is from what we've seen...

Because its not like Bosch hasn't voiced a calm and collected character before, oh wait. Yu.

I get you have a massive hate boner for JYB, but you act like VA's aren't versatile and able to match their voices to the characters they act for. That's the entire point of voice acting to begin with. We don't even know much about Kagura's character aside from the small bits we've been fed; he can be just as hammy as the rest of the cast(barring Rachel, Valk, and Relius) for all we know.

Besides, its probably gonna be Troy Baker anyway. He looks like Yuri so that might be it.

Yeah, baker for kagura!

I get you have a massive hate boner for JYB, but you act like VA's aren't versatile and able to match their voices to the characters they act for. That's the entire point of voice acting to begin with.

And that's MY entire point, he unmistakably uses the same voice for each and every character. They sound absolutely 100% the same. Him doing Yu's voice is entirely why my P4A copy is set to Japanese voices, and what were they doing casting him as Yang in AE?

His Yang is certainly better than the Japanese VA, who voiced him in 3rd Strike but sounds terrible in AE. Also I like his MMX Zero better than Ryotaro Okiayu, because it seems more fitting.

And that's MY entire point, he unmistakably uses the same voice for each and every character. They sound absolutely 100% the same. Him doing Yu's voice is entirely why my P4A copy is set to Japanese voices, and what were they doing casting him as Yang in AE?

It's understandable if a VA may feel stale if he doesn't have more range, but it's not something to hate him/her for. It's a curse, really. What matters though is who has the voice to fit the designated character. Range is irrelevant and that's why we'll keep seeing VA's like JYB and that's how Troy Baker's gotten quite a bit of roles this year. Hell, you might as well hate Jamieson Price too if range is such a problem.

If you think Yu & Adachi sound alike, then you might wanna rewatch the anime.

Even so, some VA's have range, some don't. Its not really something to hate them for.

His Yang is certainly better than the Japanese VA, who voiced him in 3rd Strike but sounds terrible in AE. Also I like his MMX Zero better than Ryotaro Okiayu, because it seems more fitting.

Japanese AE Yang worlds better than Giant Impact Yang, but I still preferred it to the alternative. As for Zero, really? You thought JYB fit Zero? Truly? That was probably the crowning jewel of his miscasting, only really next to Guy in Tales of the Abyss.

This guy does a far better Zero: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LloWsykAV00

Even so, some VA's have range, some don't. Its not really something to hate them for.

Didn't watch the anime dubbed, so I have no real idea there. I suppose i'll have to take you for your word on that example.

EDIT: Just watched a scene or 2 from the dub. I can't argue, he does sound slightly different for Adachi. Only slightly though. I suppose anyone would have to change their voice a little if they had to act 2 characters talking to each other though.

To be fair, he was actually kinda ''forced'' to changed his voice for Adachi in the anime, with Narukami not being a silent character and all. In the game, he sounds just like...just about any character he voiced. Don't get me wrong, I think JYB is a talented voice actor, but mostly on the ''acting'' part, as his vocal range is a tad lacking.

Edit

TekkamanArk: Lies. we all know THIS --->

is the best voice for Zero.

To be fair, he was actually kinda ''forced'' to changed his voice for Adachi in the anime, with Narukami not being a silent character and all. In the game, he sounds just like...just about any character he voiced. Don't get me wrong, I think JYB is a talented voice actor, but mostly on the ''acting'' part, as his vocal range is a tad lacking.

Edit

AGREED...

Edit

I'm not gonna lie and say he has a lot of versatility, but that doesn't make him a terrible actor.

If you look behind the acting itself, there's that typical "tone" Bosch has that makes it easy to identify him, but a LOT of actors have this. Yuri Lowenthal, Liam O'Brien, Kate Higgins, etc. But if you look beside the point that you know it's Bosch and stop listening to that typical tone, you can see that his voices are pretty different.

Let me give you an extreme case, take Kota from God Eater Burst. Compare that to Yu.

Kota is also voiced by Bosch, and even as someone who loves his acting, I could BARELY notice it was him.

And besides, while I'd love to see Kagura voiced by Bosch, I wouldn't mind someone like, say, Kyle Hebert.

I want to see Grant George voice more characters. He was pretty cool as Warrior of Light in Dissidia.

I want to see Grant George voice more characters. He was pretty cool as Warrior of Light in Dissidia.

Shame he hasn't gotten many memorable ones. He was a good Gilgamesh (FSN) back in the day. He's a good third option for Kagura.

Shame he hasn't gotten many memorable ones. He was a good Gilgamesh (FSN) back in the day. He's a good third option for Kagura.

I liked him as Shinjiro in Persona 3.

As a joke, I thought that the three initial new characters, Amane, Azrael, and Bullet, should be voiced by Billy West, John DiMaggio, and Katey Sagal respectively.

As a serious wish, I think Kevin Michael Richardson would make a great Azrael. For some reason whenever I think of Azrael speaking English, I think he'd sound like Sarevok from the Baldur's Gate series.

DiMaggio as Azrael would be hilarious. But then I wouldn't be unable to hear Madworld's Kreese and Adventure Time's Jake...not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Yuuichi Nakamura is playing as Garrett in the new Thief game. He's using his deep voice (like in Gundam) but it's pretty cool seeing Hazama as such an iconic character for stealth games.

Thought I'd share this

post-32606-139515176191_thumb.jpg

About Amanda C Miller: She's fairly new in the business. If there are any other Fire Emblem fans on this board, she voiced Sully and Cherche in Awakening, and these are pretty much the bigger roles she got so far (and she played them quite well).

I'm very much certain (like, 99% certain) that this character is Bullet, but I could be wrong. I believe she'll be a great fit for the character and it might even become her star-making role, like Cristina Vee with Noel and Lauren Landa with Litchi.

Anyways, I'm excited to hear what the dub of this game will be like...though that's gonna be in quite a while ='D