Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SoWL

ArcSys Voice Acting [This thread has rules now]

like I said, he tried, but Tony Oliver is the better. I admit I do like his take on hurricane fury. which I belive he goes "wind,forest,fire,earth! Darkness! LIGHT!"

Well yeah. No matter how bad something is, there's usually bound to be at least 1 thing that you find enjoyable. I used to really dislike David Vincent's Haku-men voice back in CT. But I admit, his sheer ferocity when yelling out the Distortion Drives was phenomenal. And now he's a Transformer which makes him even better and finally differentiates him from Jin.

Well yeah. No matter how bad something is, there's usually bound to be at least 1 thing that you find enjoyable. I used to really dislike David Vincent's Haku-men voice back in CT. But I admit, his sheer ferocity when yelling out the Distortion Drives was phenomenal. And now he's a Transformer which makes him even better and finally differentiates him from Jin.

I just like kramer for that and his status as "so bad he's good" to me...erholtz I loved because his role in extend...and SUPER SNAKE KICK! :P

I just like kramer for that and his status as "so bad he's good" to me...erholtz I loved because his role in extend...and SUPER SNAKE KICK! :P

He's on the "trying too hard" category for me. If he didn't use the old man voice akin to Sarutobi and just used his natural Kyoraku tone, maybe, just maybe, he would sound better. But no, this is a voice that assumes Bang is really old. Even Andrew Love's a better fit.

thank you for point it out he is making Bang sound old and I rather if he did Kyoraku voice tone he might sound a whole lot better,I have no hate for Steve but this is the one time he sound awful as a voice actor and he trying to hard to sound like Tony and he shouldn't do that.

Here's some Kokonoe in English (it skips Litchi and Arakune since Litchi's voice does not play and against Arakune she only mumbles): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjBFrvSTZ4c&app=desktop

Personally I love it. That Azrael intro was just pure, unadulterated badass. But, the hell did they do to Haku-men's filter again? Where's the hollow echo for my Transformer voice? Also, Rachel has apparently not bothered to get the 414 on Kokonoe's Astral otherwise she wouldn't make such a specific comment XD.

Here's some Kokonoe in English (it skips Litchi and Arakune since Litchi's voice does not play and against Arakune she only mumbles): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjBFrvSTZ4c&app=desktop

Personally I love it. That Azrael intro was just pure, unadulterated badass. But, the hell did they do to Haku-men's filter again? Where's the hollow echo for my Transformer voice? Also, Rachel has apparently not bothered to get the 414 on Kokonoe's Astral otherwise she wouldn't make such a specific comment XD.

Julie Ann did a perfect job :P

Julie Ann did a perfect job :P

Yeah, that she did. I can't wait to hear more of her Kokonoe in the future. Though after re-watching, it seems like Haku-men's filter isn't the only thing that's changed since Kokonoe's release. Ragna's voice sounds off here. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it just doesn't sound like Patrick Seitz's usual Ragna. It's a little too "light" as opposed to "gruff". Though, it is really just the one line but still.

Ragna's voice sounds off here. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it just doesn't sound like Patrick Seitz's usual Ragna. It's a little too "light" as opposed to "gruff". Though, it is really just the one line but still.

Sounds fine to me. Ragna sounds like that all the time when he's not in serious/angry/I'm a loner mode. And given that he's incredulous about Kokonoe showing up in person to fight him, it makes sense he'd act like that.

Yeah, that she did. I can't wait to hear more of her Kokonoe in the future. Though after re-watching, it seems like Haku-men's filter isn't the only thing that's changed since Kokonoe's release. Ragna's voice sounds off here. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it just doesn't sound like Patrick Seitz's usual Ragna. It's a little too "light" as opposed to "gruff". Though, it is really just the one line but still.

Too light? That's how Ragna always sounds whenever he's not being gruff (his taunts, anyone?). The sight of Kokonoe willing to fight him is practically humorous, so of course he'd respond that way (that is, Patrick Seitz's Ragna).

She's clearly channeling Wario in english.

all she needs is the line "GREED IS GOOD! GREED MAKES YOU DO WONDERFUL THINGS!"

I hope they don't dub Xrd. I wonder if they're going for a bigger market with Xrd; it's certainly impressive enough for that and if they do intend to grow the Guilty Gear brand a lot instead of just revving up the base like they have been, it seems likely they'd dub it. But I don't want to hear some random Americans try to be the characters I love. Gotta keep the voices I grew up with.

I hope they don't dub Xrd. I wonder if they're going for a bigger market with Xrd; it's certainly impressive enough for that and if they do intend to grow the Guilty Gear brand a lot instead of just revving up the base like they have been, it seems likely they'd dub it. But I don't want to hear some random Americans try to be the characters I love. Gotta keep the voices I grew up with.

Keep them in Japanese then. :v:

I for one would welcome a Xrd dub so long as the quality from Blazblue and GG2 carries over here (they'd better bring back Troy Baker and Liam O' Brian for Sol and Ky).

Keep them in Japanese then. :v:

I for one would welcome a Xrd dub so long as the quality from Blazblue and GG2 carries over here (they'd better bring back Troy Baker and Liam O' Brian for Sol and Ky).

Given how Troy has been lately I doubt he'd return.

I'd take Matt Mercer though.

Given how Troy has been lately I doubt he'd return.

I'd take Matt Mercer though.

AFAIK Troy has not officially gone full union yet. He did season 1 of P4TA and Hayabusa in DOA5/NG3.

I do agree that Matthew Mercer needs to be in more things. His Kiritsugu Emiya is so much better than Rikiya Koyama.

Obligatory Quinton Flynn nomination. I'd love to hear him take on someone like Zappa and since I know he can do galloping crazy, I think he'd be perfect for the job. Also let's get some Steven Blum and Christopher Sabat in there. I really don't hear enough of them in fighting games.

Christopher Sabat in there. I really don't hear enough of them in fighting games.

He fit garland like a glove in dissidia.

He needs moar.

Well, since we're at this point of discussion..............VA Wish List. Go.

Sol: Troy Baker or Matthew Mercer

Ky: Liam O' Brien

Potemkin: Patrick Seitz (can easily do a German/Russian accent)

Millia: Kari Wahlgren

May: Sarah Williams or Christine Marie Cabanos

I-No: Karen Strassman (You can't say "no")

Zappa: Spike Spencer

Faust: Todd Haberkorn

Slayer: Doug Stone's a good idea, but for the sake of variety, make it Michael McConnohie

Axl: Bryce Papenbrook, just to break away from being pigeonholed into typical RPG/Anime main characters.

Bridget: I can't tell from here. Who he should be voiced by depends on how he looks or has developed into by the time he's announced.

Slayer: Doug Stone's a good idea, but for the sake of variety, make it Michael McConnohie

McConnohie is already in GG2 as Dr. Paradigm. He's one of the best voices in that too.

And I figure its not a long shot he'd be in Xrd since he's mentioned in that translated prologue story as still being on good terms with Ky as well as trying to unseal Dizzy.