Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SoWL

ArcSys Voice Acting [This thread has rules now]

he only does that in the Hazama voice set now, they patched it.

And I am not exactly happy with that myself. Hearing Patrick Seitz swear up a storm is one of the few joys I got out of watching ENG Ragna. It was just so excessive that it was actually funny. Why ASW decided to patch it so it only happens with Hazama I'll never know. And I agree that him not having those quotes against Terumi is an odd choice. You could argue that he never personally met Terumi in the story, but the intro clearly shows Ragna hates his guts. So the choice to omit the quotes is kinda odd. Oh well, at least Ragna still has his "Get off my shit" line which is awesome on its own.

Screw that, there was no greater satisfaction than hearing Ragna call the opponent a piece of shit off every 5D and J.D. Well, its not so bad, half of his lines are still hilarious. And he still calls Jin a little bitch off Gauntlet Hades.

I thought it was like that in JP too, no? I could be wrong, but I thought Ragna was only screaming "kusoga!!" at Hazama. It was prolly patched to reflect the original JP.

Battle Lines and Story mode consistency don't really seem to be the issue. Noel VS Jin for example. They don't fight anywhere in Arcades or Story, but the hatred and aggression are still there in their match lines.

Hey, they gotta keep Hazama's appeal somehow, I guess. If Nightmare Fiction played and Ragna used his "VS Hazama" voice against Terumi, who'd play him?

I really like Noel's English Voice this time around. Cristina Vee really show cases Noel's character development, just by how she's speaking. I mean, the best example is when she's going up against Terumi.

Noel says in response to Terumi's "Hey doll." with "I may be a doll, but I'll no longer lose to you." That line alone just shows me how much more driven Noel has become, I don't think she'd say anything like that in CS or CT. I also can't get over her win quote against Terumi. "Understand a human's pain, Yuuki Terumi."

There's also the fact that when she's pitted against Jin, instead of going all timid of cry baby after being called trash, she just calmly says. "Major." and doesn't lose her cool even after she wins.

I dunno, I always thought Cristina Vee was one of the more talented voice actors for the BlazBlue dub. I also like some of her lines in battle against Ragna, like when she's using Spring Raid, she'll scream. "Your making me mad!" and when she uses Fenrir, she screams. "Ragna the Bloodedge, You brought this on yourself." Or something similar.

I just really like how Noel's voice is showcased with being firmer and more confident sounding, without losing the cute and mo'e sound that I love so much.

Not gonna lie, I thought Ragna's "YOU LITTLE BITCH" voice clips was for Jin at first; and why wouldn't he say all that? lol

They are for Jin, he says it off the first hit of Gauntlet Hades.

Noel says in response to Terumi's "Hey doll." with "I may be a doll, but I'll no longer lose to you." That line alone just shows me how much more driven Noel has become, I don't think she'd say anything like that in CS or CT. I also can't get over her win quote against Terumi. "Understand a human's pain, Yuuki Terumi."

Indeed. I think she's even better in japanese though. This seriousness in noel's voice and lines vs terumi paired with a fitting music is total gold. Fav in-game lines for sure.

No clue if this is the right place for it(Sorry if it's not), but does anyone know what Tsubaki says in her BBCP astral?

From what I can make out, it's like "Your crime runs deep, but you may yet be saved. I'll sever your fate. In the name of justice, I punish!", but all the vids I see the astral in have the BBCP opening playing over it, making it hard to hear. xP

It's "My blade severs your fate."

Ah. I thought it was at first, but after re-listening I got convinced otherwise, since I could barely hear the 'your fate' part. xP

Am I the only one who thinks that Erin as Bullet is a bit miscast and sounds a bit too old?

Not at all. Bullet sounds 99% as I would imagine in English. Tomboys are simply Erin's forte. Still could've been voiced by Miller, but what can you do?

Not at all. Bullet sounds 99% as I would imagine in English. Tomboys are simply Erin's forte. Still could've been voiced by Miller, but what can you do?

Miller's probably either Celica or Nine at this point. Bullet is of course definitely Erin because Erin came out and admitted that she's Bullet.

I'm just really impressed by Fitzgerald's range. I mean, Chie's voice is pretty high and perky, and when you compare that to the deep voiced and hot blooded Bullet. You wouldn't guess that they share VA's. I mean, another example I can think of is that Erin Fitzgerald also voiced a sweet 14 year old girly girl in an JRPG called Eternal Sonata. I mean, her performance in that sounded similar to Chie, but nothing like Bullet.

Another example I can think of is Makoto's VA, Cindy Robinson.

Makoto and Labrys's voices sound pretty similar. But when she starts doing the whole Shadow Labrys deal, it get's effing scary really fast! It HAUNTS MY NIGHTMARES! It's just, she get's all deep voiced and sadistic, nothing like the usually plucky Makoto and Labrys.

Miller's probably either Celica or Nine at this point. Bullet is of course definitely Erin because Erin came out and admitted that she's Bullet.

Guess we'll find out as we hear her roles in Danganronpa...of which we have no idea if they're hers or Erin's.

Looking at some of Erin's non fighter game roles, I think she could very easily do Celica with very little to no trouble making her sound different from Bullet and Chie.

Guess we'll find out as we hear her roles in Danganronpa...of which we have no idea if they're hers or Erin's.

Oh, in Danganronpa, Erin and Miller both voice the same character (reason why would be spoilers).

Oh, in Danganronpa, Erin and Miller both voice the same character (reason why would be spoilers).

Same deal with Junko, apparently...guess that's spoilers in its own right, but that's as far as I'll go...