Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SoWL

ArcSys Voice Acting [This thread has rules now]

Alright first of all, my dear God, what have they done to Sol's voice? As some already pointed out, he sounds fine during the fights. But outside of them he sounds lost and confused (read: misdirected). I share the sentiment that it might not be Steven Jay Blum, if only because it sounds more like someone wanting to be the guy.

Ky threw me off when I first heard it. He sounded "too young" considering this is supposed to be a matured, sophisticated ruler. But after a while I got used to it.

Millia is Tara Platt. One of my personal picks and she does a fine job here. I got no real complaints.

I am so used to Erin Fitzgerald these days that her Ramlethal sounds alright. Could be better at points but eh, whatevs. Her Lucifero familiars are also done by Sam Riegel (P4G Teddie voice) so it's not all bad.

Sin's OK. May sounds..."cutsey" but without the sheer ear-bleeding I experience when hearing her during JPN fights (cutscenes though she's far less irritating). Axl sounds phenomenal though. I'd play him for the voice only had I ever actually cared what happens to Axl but details. I haven't gotten a chance to hear others but so far, I have mixed feelings. Some parts are good. Others that aren't really stand out.

Guess what name appears at the end of the Arcade Mode credits?

"Strangely Compelling"

You are correct. It's the same people who worked on CP.

Oh...what a "delight".

Wait, Fitzgerald is Ramlethal? The same who did my beloved Chie and Noire/Black Heart?

Damn, girl, what happened?

Wait, Fitzgerald is Ramlethal? The same who did my beloved Chie and Noire/Black Heart?

She went from characters that have adrenaline constantly pumped through their every orifice, to a character virtually devoid (mostly) of any emotion. I'd call it a miscast but then I remember Erin also did characters like Parasoul from Skullgirls and I wonder if she was just not given much direction to go on or she really just couldn't figure the character out...

Fuck if I know. Subtlety was not in Ramlathal's dictionary today, much less the localization team's.

I hear Jude Mathis more than Flynn Scifo when Ky talks so I'm fine, he does sound a little too young though.

Sol is easily the most disappointing, I dunno what in the world went wrong there. His win quote against Millia is lulzy.

Axl is fantastic and I don't even play him. If that is Liam O Brien then he nailed it perfectly, and Faust is pretty good.

This might be the first ArcSys fighter I go JP dub for. You can chalk it up to me being too used to JP Sol and Ramlethal but I'm not feeling this game's cast aside from a few. I still think BB has the best dub out of the trinity.

Can we start a petition for ArcSys to stop using "Strangely Compelling?"  I feel we should make our voices heard.  Even with budget localization, this is still insulting; how many other games from Japan in recent years get such as bad localization? 

She went from characters that have adrenaline constantly pumped through their every orifice, to a character virtually devoid (mostly) of any emotion. I'd call it a miscast but then I remember Erin also did characters like Parasoul from Skullgirls and I wonder if she was just not given much direction to go on or she really just couldn't figure the character out...

Yeah, she was horrendously miscast. Like...who thought she was a good idea.

Ugh. This is so disappointing after BB's godlike dub.

Doesn't sound like Liam to me. I actually hope Axl isn't Liam, not out of vitriol, but because I don't believe a director who wanted Axl to say "mate" would have simply picked Liam. That was the first thing I heard him speak and I nearly jumped for joy. God I love this.

Doesn't sound like Liam to me. I actually hope Axl isn't Liam, not out of vitriol, but because I don't believe a director who wanted Axl to say "mate" would have simply picked Liam. That was the first thing I heard him speak and I nearly jumped for joy. God I love this.

I hope he can keep the accent going in all scenes. Holding an accent you don't naturally have can be kind of tough.

Just heard Yuri's Bedman and I have to admit, I lul'd. It's not what I'd call "amazing" but it is definitely good for a laugh. It's like they came up to him and said:

"Hey lad, you remember Blur from the original Transformers?"

"Oh yeah I remember that guy. Talks so damn fast".

"Splendid! Because now you have to do the exact same thing for Bedman".

"...;^;"

The worst dub ever without a doubt. No coconuts or GURLFRIENDS. JP all the way!!

Just heard Yuri's Bedman and I have to admit, I lul'd. It's not what I'd call "amazing" but it is definitely good for a laugh. It's like they came up to him and said:

"Hey lad, you remember Blur from the original Transformers?"

"Oh yeah I remember that guy. Talks so damn fast".

"Splendid! Because now you have to do the exact same thing for Bedman".

"...;^;"

He's like that in Japanese too.

Oh god Venom's voice is bad. Like, unbearably bad. No me gusta.

However I'm sticking with the dub because I like Axl's and Bedman's voices.

Can we talk about how flawless english Zato's voice is for a minute? Because goddamn it's awesome. I dunno if it's Travis Wellingham or Matthew Mercer, but they NAILED him perfectly.

So I'm gonna let it be known that I'm the super optimistic guy and say that I think this dub is good so far. One might say it's corny and very 90's cartoon-ish, but is that necessarily a bad thing?

Can we talk about how flawless english Zato's voice is for a minute? Because goddamn it's awesome. I dunno if it's Travis Wellingham or Matthew Mercer, but they NAILED him perfectly.

Him and Axl both sound perfect, they really do.

The dub's okay.

Zato, Bedman, and Axl are pretty good. Sol, Sin, and Ramlethal are awful. Everyone else is somewhere in-between with most of them being just meh.

I agree that translation is part of the problem, but I think that the biggest issue is probably in the directing.

It has to be the directing. Chronophantasma had a similarly messed-uo script but the cast still pulled off a really good job.

This is so disappointing -__-

It has to be the directing. Chronophantasma had a similarly messed-uo script but the cast still pulled off a really good job.

This is so disappointing -__-

Yeah, the direction is really questionable.

Didn't they get Cup of Tea Productions for CP? They did a great job making the most of the script.